Buttigieg ‘astonished’ that Americans don’t want electric vehicles: Chasten & I bought our 1st plug-in hybrid EV 5 years ago, It cost us about $14,000

He lied! In 2017, the cheapest plug-in hybrid was $28K and it was a small Ford that you have to step out of in order to change your mind!

I would call him a cocksucker but that would be redundant!

Chasten and I bought our first plug-in hybrid electric vehicle five years ago, used. It cost us about $14,000.

Why is reading comprehension so difficult for so many?

He noted it was used.
yeah, I guess you could have bought a used electric vehicle. But why? Used vehicles go down in value almost instantly, because the batteries are huge and expensive and don't last. Why get one, other than to someday say that you bought one for that price?

I'm guessing that he walked the short distance to work and used the gasoline engine when he had to go somewhere longer. But, by doing that, he became fully qualified to be Secretary of Transportation!

Hey, Mayor Pete! I bought a gasoline-powered Chevy Suburban in 1985, for eleven hundred dollars (talked them down from $1500, whoop, whoop!). I could easily afford the gas, even working part time and going to school on the GI bill!

I'm astonished that you and your husband didn't do that instead buying an electric hooptie for 14K. You could have gotten (pauses to calculate) a dozen Chevy Suburbans for 14K and had almost $800 left over for gas, oil, and baby formula, if you could find any.

Sometimes I wish I could put my ethics to sleep just for one year, and make a fortune duping people with liberal logic and fuzzy math. I gotta look my kids in the eye, though . . .

yeah, I guess you could have bought a used electric vehicle. But why? Used vehicles go down in value almost instantly, because the batteries are huge and expensive and don't last. Why get one, other than to someday say that you bought one for that price?

I bought one because I thought the technology is pretty cool. I ended up getting a free nights stay in a state lodge as can be seen in the video I posted.

Also.......I worked at a chemical plant. I talked to the plant manager about putting a plug in for me. I lived around 20 miles from work which is around how far a C-Max would go on electric power alone. I had planned to then plug in at work and drive home on their dollar. The plan was for the company to use the whole thing to boost their poor ecologic record. Well, they never did install the plug and the car was rear ended.

I'm guessing that he walked the short distance to work and used the gasoline engine when he had to go somewhere longer. But, by doing that, he became fully qualified to be Secretary of Transportation!

Yes they work just like a regular hybrid after the electric runs out.

Hey, Mayor Pete! I bought a gasoline-powered Chevy Suburban in 1985, for eleven hundred dollars (talked them down from $1500, whoop, whoop!). I could easily afford the gas, even working part time and going to school on the GI bill!

I'm astonished that you and your husband didn't do that instead buying an electric hooptie for 14K. You could have gotten (pauses to calculate) a dozen Chevy Suburbans for 14K and had almost $800 left over for gas, oil, and baby formula, if you could find any.

Sometimes I wish I could put my ethics to sleep just for one year, and make a fortune duping people with liberal logic and fuzzy math. I gotta look my kids in the eye, though . . .

If people only bought $1100 vehicles we would quickly run out of them. It's a good thing for you that people buy new cars because without them there are no used ones.

I bought one because I thought the technology is pretty cool. I ended up getting a free nights stay in a state lodge as can be seen in the video I posted.

Also.......I worked at a chemical plant. I talked to the plant manager about putting a plug in for me. I lived around 20 miles from work which is around how far a C-Max would go on electric power alone. I had planned to then plug in at work and drive home on their dollar. The plan was for the company to use the whole thing to boost their poor ecologic record. Well, they never did install the plug and the car was rear ended.

Yes they work just like a regular hybrid after the electric runs out.
Fair points.
If people only bought $1100 vehicles we would quickly run out of them. It's a good thing for you that people buy new cars because without them there are no used ones.
Yes, that is exactly right!

Nobody drives a new car very far, anyway. Pay for a new car, and it becomes a used car as soon as you drive it off the lot. I have never bought a new car, and I never will. I buy cars that are a couple of thousand miles to twenty thousand at the most, still under warranty.

I have a truck I bought at just over 2K miles, that had some cosmetic damage from being repo'd. There was resin spilled on the bed liner, and the passenger side window had obviously been broken and replaced. No new car smell, darn! But I got before it needed its 4,000 mile oil change. It was way cheaper than a brand new version of the same make, model and year.

So, yes. I let the new car buyers enjoy their vanity and debt they can't afford and then I benefit from their foolishness. I don't know, though. With even used cars being so much more expensive, under Biden, I think my next will be a chip-free classic.

Idiot-Gram ^^^; variety: Vulgar, Childish and Worthless
You need a new trick, moron. "Idiot-Gram" was only useful (not to mention never actually clever) the first five hundren times you used it. It's like "racist". It doesn't work any more.

Forum List

Back