CA girls demand their "right" to be boy scouts

Yes because if we allow girls to build fires and camp, they might turn into boys. :lol: This is so funny. Lol.

Who said that in this thread???

Well what are you all so worried about then?

What? What in my post makes you think I was worried about it? The Girl Scouts changed their focus years ago, apparently. All they need do is change their focus back to what they did in the past. Pretty simple; like I said, when I was in scouting the Girl Scouts did pretty much what Boy Scouts did, even sharing the same camps and weren't shut out of anything they wanted to do.

I'm ok with this unisex stuff as long as we're consistent. That means letting boys play on girls basketball teams and swim teams and golf teams. Same with the pros. Let men play the WNBA and LPGA.

California girls barred from Boy Scouts claim gender discrimination

Four months after the Boy Scouts of America made history by allowing gay adults to become leaders, its local chapter in Northern California is facing new pressure from girls, asking to become full members.

They call their group "The Unicorns." The six young girls teach themselves things they didn't learn in the Girl Scouts, like building a campfire.

"I got jealous of what my brother got to do because he's a Boy Scout ...," said 10-year-old Ella Jacobs.

Jacobs and her friend, Allie Westover, decided they were more interested in what the boys were doing. So last fall, they started participating in activities alongside a local Boy Scout troop.

News of the girls' participation reached the local Boy Scout council, which last month, barred them from further scouting activities.

"They're just being discriminatory and not nice," said Jacobs. "Because we're girls, they're saying because we're a different gender we shouldn't be allowed to do the same things boys can."

Agree...sometimes this stuff just goes too far. There's value in girls-only and boys-only organizations, especially for youth. We are different - not better, or worse but different and those differences are met in boy scouts and girls scouts not unisex scouts.

Many young girls are uncomfortable around males at that age, so yes, there is a good case for all girl and all male activity organizations, for everything from choirs to sports leagues, not just Scouting. Most males are total assholes in that age range, for one major reason.

I'm ok with this unisex stuff as long as we're consistent. That means letting boys play on girls basketball teams and swim teams and golf teams. Same with the pros. Let men play the WNBA and LPGA.

Four months after the Boy Scouts of America made history by allowing gay adults to become leaders, its local chapter in Northern California is facing new pressure from girls, asking to become full members.

They call their group "The Unicorns." The six young girls teach themselves things they didn't learn in the Girl Scouts, like building a campfire.

"I got jealous of what my brother got to do because he's a Boy Scout ...," said 10-year-old Ella Jacobs.

Jacobs and her friend, Allie Westover, decided they were more interested in what the boys were doing. So last fall, they started participating in activities alongside a local Boy Scout troop.

News of the girls' participation reached the local Boy Scout council, which last month, barred them from further scouting activities.

"They're just being discriminatory and not nice," said Jacobs. "Because we're girls, they're saying because we're a different gender we shouldn't be allowed to do the same things boys can."

Agree...sometimes this stuff just goes too far. There's value in girls-only and boys-only organizations, especially for youth. We are different - not better, or worse but different and those differences are met in boy scouts and girls scouts not unisex scouts.

Many young girls are uncomfortable around males at that age, so yes, there is a good case for all girl and all male activity organizations, for everything from choirs to sports leagues, not just Scouting. Most males are total assholes in that age range, for one major reason.

Males are total assholes at all ages, come on, give us some credit.

Here's the woman behind it...there is some really strong mental issues in those eyes.

danellej.jpg
Instead of pitching a tent, she's pitching a bitch..

Males become assholes after being raised by women...

"In April 1974, nine Cub Scouts in Texas decided that they would not accept their badges until an official agreed to award them to the pack’s only female member, Carrie Lynn Morgan.

In 1997, Katrina Yeaw’s push to join the Cub Scouts ended up in the California supreme court, two years after she attempted to join a local pack with three female friends.

In 2015, a group of girls in California are pushing to join the Cub Scouts officially, having unofficially participated in Boy Scouts of America (BSA) events and activities since September 2014.

The California group, who call themselves the Unicorns, are following a long tradition of girls fighting for inclusion in the boys-only organization.

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and other voluntary youth organizations are exempt from the anti-discrimination law Title IX, which was enacted in 1972"

Group of California girls are not the first to fight for inclusion into Boy Scouts
Life is not tough enough so the mother wants to screw her daughter's head up by having her try to beat a system that has chewed up this issue more than once.

He I became an asshole with out any help!

You must be a female....

You must be a female....

I'm a male and proud to be an asshole, you must be pussy because you need an excuse for being an asshole.

Still waiting for libs to explain why girls have a right to be boy scouts but men can't play golf on the LPGA tour.

You must be a female....

I'm a male and proud to be an asshole, you must be pussy because you need an excuse for being an asshole.
betty-white.jpg

Forum List

Back