Can we cut the bullshit about spending under Obama?

If a previous CEO nearly bankrupts a company should the board members accept the new CEO doing it on a bigger scale?

According to the blame Bush doctrine yes.

Well gee as Faun pointed out spending spills over. A president's policies do not end when they leave office.

At what point do they end? Please name a time frame.

There is no such date. That's like asking, at what point did the Great Recession Obama inherited, cease straining the deficit? On which date, did Bush's war in Iraq cease costing money?

So basically all debt incurred can be attributed to Bush and none attributed to Obama? Really? Is that your final answer?
It makes it convenient in obfuscating the facts. But the facts are that Obama has spent more than every other president. The fact is tht the debt is higher now than when he took office. Unless you want to say Obama did nothign while in office and the government has been on auto-pilot for 5 years, then you must acknowledge the fact that Obama is the biggest spender of any president.
If you want to make the (correct) argument that spending is approved by Congress, then it's even worse, because the Dems controlled Congress entirely from 2006-2010, the period of highest spending.
So which is it?

If Obama could wrest the government credit cards away from Moochelle then the whole equation would change instantly.

Not to worry about THAT happening.

Clearly by the blatantly falsehoods in the original post we can't cut the bs.

We are spending more than ever and somehow he has cut spending... We must live in the twilight zone for anyone to believe that nonsense.

the fools on the left think that if you cut the rate of growth in spending, you cut spending. As is proven here every day, liberals are idiots.

They're bad at math. They're bad at logic. They're bad at reading charts.

Am I supposed to care when I'm called dumb by someone who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're?" :lol:

Your Conservative ignorance aside, I never said $680b was chump change. I corrected another dumbass Conservative who idiotically said that was the biggest deficit ever. And btw, that $680b figure is not a projection. It's in the books for fiscal year 2013.

Resorting to grammar corrections to try and save face, huh? I know you never said 680 billion was chump change, you said spending was flat. I conceded that fact to you, however, you dodged that fact that odumas spending is still over 600 billion higher than ANY GW budget.

The 2013 FY is over, but the books are not closed out. White house budget office, CBO, all gov websites still state PROJECTED! It takes about 3 months to close out the books for the government, so the final spending amounts won't be accurately known until after the first of the year, which is the usual.

Get it straight, I was not correcting you. I couldn't care less that you're too fucking stupid to know the difference between "your" and "you're." I'm certainly not here to teach the inducible. No, the reason I highlighted your ignorance was only to show that you are in no position to judge the intelligence of others.

And I'm not dodging anything. I'm pointing out how the first half of FY2009 was impacted more by Bush than Obama; as well as the entire fiscal year was impacted by the Great Recession, which Obama inherited.
Anyone using the term "impacted" and not talking about teeth or bowels has no right to lecture others on grammar. Just saying.

Of course we were operating under Bush's budget for much of FY2009. You have no clue how the government operates, do you? While it's true that a new budget for FY2009 was not passed, Bush signed a continuing budget resolution to fund the government for the first half of FY2009. And long come dumbfucking Conservatives, attributing that to Obama.

Btw, before Obama even became president, to account for the Great Recession, the CBO revised their FY2009 deficit projection to $1.2 trillion. That's Obama's fault too and not Bush's, right, brain-dead Conservative?

federal debt when obama took office 10 trillion

federal debt today 17 trillion

probable federal debt when obama leaves office 21 trillion.

spin it however you like, obama has added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.
Even going with those numbers, which I highly doubt given the drop in the deficit, so ... ?

Where was the outrage from Conservatives at Bush when he nearly increased as much debt as every president combined before him? Where was their outrage at Bush when he turned a $17b deficit into a $500b deficit and later into a trillion dollar deficit? Where was their outrage when Bush turn a projected $6t surplus into an $8t deficit ? Where was their outrage when his father wad on pace to increase the debt more than every president combined before him? Where was their outrage when Reagan increased by almost twice every president combined before him?

Don't you remember? "Deficits don't matter." ~ a leading member of the Conservative cult

Conservatives were upset over a $7T debt. Democrats were upset over it. R emember Nancy Pelosi promising fiscal restraint? No?
But now we have morphed to the "BOOSH" argument. Obama has spent more money in 5 years than Bush did in 8 years. Do you not understand that?

Um what? How does one add debt without spending? Do you even know what you're talking about? Don't you mean "$17.6t since Washington became president"?

Straw man = a weak or imaginary argument which is created to defeat when the actual argument can't be refuted.

Suffice it to say, your straw man is useless as I didn"t say debt was added without spending. Perhaps rereading my post a few more times will aid your feeble cognitive abilities understand what I actually wrote?

c'mon, try harder. I have faith you can do it!

Read the statements you made that I colored and explain to me that they do not contradict each other.

Because increasing the debt by $7t is not the same as spending $7t. For example, we could spend $20t and decrease the debt at the same time if we could raise more thn that in revenue. While there's a direct correlation between spending and debt, spending is not debt. Debt is revenue minus spending.

Straw man = a weak or imaginary argument which is created to defeat when the actual argument can't be refuted.

Suffice it to say, your straw man is useless as I didn"t say debt was added without spending. Perhaps rereading my post a few more times will aid your feeble cognitive abilities understand what I actually wrote?

c'mon, try harder. I have faith you can do it!

Read the statements you made that I colored and explain to me that they do not contradict each other.

Because increasing the debt by $7t is not the same as spending $7t. For example, we could spend $20t and decrease the debt at the same time if we could raise more thn that in revenue. While there's a direct correlation between spending and debt, spending is not debt. Debt is revenue minus spending.
Except that's not what's happening. Obama spends considerable more than we take in. That equals deficit, which equals more debt.

Whoops

slowest-spending.png

Oh, so all the 1 Trillion + deficits don't count because Obama was President....

This is getting fucking retarded.

Again, the FED-R 1 trillion + spent a year (that has never in the history of the fucking plant earth occurred before) does not even count.... unless you count the tax revenues and the markets looking up because Obama is dumping cash on the 1% to loan to the 99% at far higher rates.

Thanks Obama, and the left...

"Growth" in spending and "spending" are two different things. It's amazing how you don't understand that. Obama took TARP and a stimulus, pretends it's all Bush's spending, and then from there claims to only grow spending by baby steps.... lol, oooooook.

Their stooge has spent 7 trillion and they're denying it. Lol.

Great. Yet another right wing imbecile who doesn't understand the difference between debt and spending. :eusa_doh:

Of course we were operating under Bush's budget for much of FY2009. You have no clue how the government operates, do you? While it's true that a new budget for FY2009 was not passed, Bush signed a continuing budget resolution to fund the government for the first half of FY2009. And long come dumbfucking Conservatives, attributing that to Obama.

Btw, before Obama even became president, to account for the Great Recession, the CBO revised their FY2009 deficit projection to $1.2 trillion. That's Obama's fault too and not Bush's, right, brain-dead Conservative?

federal debt when obama took office 10 trillion

federal debt today 17 trillion

probable federal debt when obama leaves office 21 trillion.

spin it however you like, obama has added more to the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.
Even going with those numbers, which I highly doubt given the drop in the deficit, so ... ?

Where was the outrage from Conservatives at Bush when he nearly increased as much debt as every president combined before him? Where was their outrage at Bush when he turned a $17b deficit into a $500b deficit and later into a trillion dollar deficit? Where was their outrage when Bush turn a projected $6t surplus into an $8t deficit ? Where was their outrage when his father wad on pace to increase the debt more than every president combined before him? Where was their outrage when Reagan increased by almost twice every president combined before him?

Don't you remember? "Deficits don't matter." ~ a leading member of the Conservative cult

What? 6 trillion surplus? BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!! What are you smoking? Please show me anywhere we've even had even a 400 billion surplus. YOU CAN'T, because we never have. You really proved you lunacy here faun.

Oh, so all the 1 Trillion + deficits don't count because Obama was President....

This is getting fucking retarded.

Again, the FED-R 1 trillion + spent a year (that has never in the history of the fucking plant earth occurred before) does not even count.... unless you count the tax revenues and the markets looking up because Obama is dumping cash on the 1% to loan to the 99% at far higher rates.

Thanks Obama, and the left...

"Growth" in spending and "spending" are two different things. It's amazing how you don't understand that. Obama took TARP and a stimulus, pretends it's all Bush's spending, and then from there claims to only grow spending by baby steps.... lol, oooooook.

Their stooge has spent 7 trillion and they're denying it. Lol.

Great. Yet another right wing imbecile who doesn't understand the difference between debt and spending. :eusa_doh:

You're right there. The stooge has spent way more than 7T. But the cumulative deficit of what he's spent is 7 trillion.

Let's do cut the bullshit about spending under Obama!
Are we more in debt now or less since Obama took over?

Name the last president who didn't increase the debt?

Is this the new barometer for measuring failure? Someone else did it so I can do it too?

Not at all, but it sure seems to be the standard for rightards who call it failure when every president before Obama also increased the debt. I don't recall y'all calling it a failure when Reagan or either of the Bush's did it.

Seems your meter is broken -- it only works when the president is a Democrat.

Forum List

Back