CBO: Biden $15 An Hour Minimum Wage Will Cost 1.4 Million American Jobs

The best way to suppress wages is to mandate the increase in the minimum wage. The second method is to flood the job market with unskilled immigrants, which impacts who? those just entering the job force and unskilled individuals in poverty. Increasing the minimum wage does not cure poverty, at least not in the real world.
Real earnings for workers while they remained employed would increase by $64 billion,

Real earnings for workers while they were jobless would decrease by $20 billion,

The best way to suppress wages is to mandate the increase in the minimum wage. The second method is to flood the job market with unskilled immigrants, which impacts who? those just entering the job force and unskilled individuals in poverty. Increasing the minimum wage does not cure poverty, at least not in the real world.
Real earnings for workers while they remained employed would increase by $64 billion,

Real earnings for workers while they were jobless would decrease by $20 billion,

How much is lost to higher prices?

There's a big difference between a trucking company making deliveries on time and plowing one parking lot.

I always cleaned my own office and took my own trash to the dump. But I have been told that I am a cheap fucker that could make a nickel squeak.

If you have a 4 wheel drive truck anyway, it's a matter of investing in a plow. But nobody would find it worthy to buy a $35,000 vehicle with a plow just for the few times every winter to plow a lot or drive.

One of our customers bought this thing that looked like an extended golf cart. I don't know what it was called or how much he paid for it, but it had a plow and he had his employees use it to clear the lot. This guy was the toy king. Every time he seen a toy he wanted, he just bought it price being no object.
A truck is useful for more than plowing

So what does a CEO pay have to do with minimum wage?
ANY company "needing" to offset an increase in MW has a big bucket that can be used for that purpose.

But it's far more important that the jerks at the top get an extra vacation home in Aspen or Marth's Vineyard than for the workers who actually make the product that produces the company's profits has just a DECENT life...in your mind anyway

So you are equating the small business owner with 20 employees to the global corporation with tens of thousands of employees.
Nope. Pointing out the bullshit comment made previously. He is talking out his ass.
and you know all about that

So what. Corporate downsizing is worse and there is no pay raise.

There are many problems with management

but an economy micromanaged by pinheads in washington is not the solution.

I like the report that biden is going to require government procurement of American made products

whether he actually means it or not is another story

but that would be an example of good government efforts increase jobs and pay for American workers

So what. Corporate downsizing is worse and there is no pay raise.

There are many problems with management

but an economy micromanaged by pinheads in washington is not the solution.

I like the report that biden is going to require government procurement of American made products

whether he actually means it or not is another story

but that would be an example of good government efforts increase jobs and pay for American workers
Raising the minimum wage means US labor can better afford to work in our US economy; local business has to benefit from the convenience of location.

"Build the wall!"

Minimum wage is just a stupid. Pointless gesture to stir up the dummies. Go dummies!

"Build the wall!"

Minimum wage is just a stupid. Pointless gesture to stir up the dummies. Go dummies!
Be brave and go wall-less, right wingers. If you don't need to wear masks during a pandemic you surely don't need any walls. They have HomeDepot in Mexico now. Buy American ladders!

Seawalls that promote the general welfare not landwalls that only cost and have nothing to do with the general welfare!

"Build the wall!"

Be brave and go wall-less, right wingers. If you don't need to wear masks during a pandemic you surely don't need any walls. They have HomeDepot in Mexico now. Buy American ladders!

Seawalls that promote the general welfare not landwalls that only cost and have nothing to do with the general welfare!
Go dummies!

While we have government dictating prices, have them declare Teslas to now be worth $4k. This will be fun!

"Build the wall!"

Go dummies!

While we have government dictating prices, have them declare Teslas to now be worth $4k. This will be fun!
That only happens in real times of War not fake news times of wasteful spending on alleged wars and tax cut economics.

Raise the minimum wage until native labor can afford to work.
Sure if you end welfare at the same time

we already discussed that
Welfare should be for those for whom solving for a simple poverty of money may not be enough.

Equal protection of the laws for unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States can obviate the need for many other social programs, which can result in lowering our tax burden.

Forum List

Back