Cheers!

Back from the doctor's. Got a clean bill of health. Time for a cold one. :)

Got just the right thing for you there, [MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION]:

long-island-iced-tea-cocktail-61-big.jpg
Thank you, Stat. What kind of drink is it?

[MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION], here's a great story for you and [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] and all the rest of the Cheerzianers out there:

I was 20 years old and working my way through college by working night shift at a bank (computer ops) and also playing bass Trombone in a pro big band in Dayton OH, called the "KKO" (Kim Kelly Orchestra). Well, we played a big booming restaurant called the Brown Derby every second and fourth Sunday in the month. Once, my mom came to hear the big band play and she asked what I wanted to drink. I told her, "Long Island Iced Tea" - and she thought it was just a regular tea. So, she ordered SIX of them for me over the night. I almost fell out of my seat playing the last set that night....

And we laughed for almost 30 years about that one....

So, enjoy that Long Island Iced Tea.
They call it a "sleeper drink" and when you've had it once, you'll know why....

:D

Last edited:
[MENTION=45164]pacer[/MENTION], here's a great story for you and [MENTION=20704]Nosmo King[/MENTION] and all the rest of the Cheerzianers out there:

I was 20 years old and working my way through college by working night shift at a bank (computer ops) and also playing bass Trombone in a pro big band in Dayton OH, called the "KKO" (Kim Kelly Orchestra). Well, we played a big booming restaurant called the Brown Derby every second and fourth Sunday in the month. Once, my mom came to hear the big band play and she asked what I wanted to drink. I told her, "Long Island Iced Tea" - and she thought it was just a regular tea. So, she ordered SIX of them for me over the night. I almost fell out of my seat playing the last set that night....

Nice story. What is in the drink?

Enjoy!!

Long Island Iced Tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy!!

Long Island Iced Tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Potent stuff! Thank you very much.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woViDqXH0eQ&feature=player_detailpage]"Moondance" The Kim Kelly Orchestra - YouTube[/ame]

This place needs some music. :)

How is your day so far, Mertex?

Damn, it's going way to fast for me....can't seem to get much done, when USMB keeps beckoning me to come here and check things out......:( Other than that, it's going great...how about your day?

Besides going to the doctor's this morning, I did nothing so far except sit on this computer. I have plenty to do but just procrastinating.

This place is quiet today. Mertex, I'll buy you a drink if you tell us some lies. LOL

Seems like we're the only two here, Mertex. Do you like jazz?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHZp6VN6ibU&feature=player_detailpage]Classic Jazz: Jazz Legends Disc 1 [Full Length Album] - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back