Chicago Mayor turns migrants away from Sanctuary City.

How's this for laughs:

Chicago is a sanctuary city but when Texas ships illegals to Chicago, Chicago doesn't want them and deports them outside their sanctuary city.

They are still in the Chicago Metro area.

It is not like they shipped them down to Springfield or Carbondale

The fact that you are in the U.S. illegally is no bar to applying for asylum. You would need to either submit an application on your own (an "affirmative" application), within certain time limits, or if you are caught by the immigration authorities, apply for asylum during your immigration court hearing.

How an Undocumented Immigrant Can Get Asylum in the U.S.

Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

8 U.S. Code § 1158 - Asylum

Directly from the government itself.

Can I Still Apply for Asylum Even if I Am in the United States Illegally?​

Yes. You may apply for asylum with USCIS regardless of your immigration status if:
Please, start educating yourself. Don't rely on others to do it for you.
This is the law as of 8/22/22, so this law took effect a mere two weeks ago....What was the law before this?

Well, because the topic is bullshit. Nobody was turned away as the title claims. The Link in the OP proves the title is bullshit.
I see, so you are upset at a title instead of addressing the thread....Seems like a dodge to me...

The other Jo.
You voted for a person who this was her running mate?
1662734164564.png

No wonder she only got 1%

Illegal Immigrants
This is a lie.

How do you know they’re ‘illegal’ – that an immigrant might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

An immigrant or migrant isn’t ‘illegal’ until such time as he’s been found guilty in a court of law.

And the linked article makes no mention of the immigrants/migrants being ‘illegal.’

This is yet another example of dishonest fearmongering by the hateful, bigoted, nativist right.

This is a lie.

How do you know they’re ‘illegal’ – that an immigrant might be undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

An immigrant or migrant isn’t ‘illegal’ until such time as he’s been found guilty in a court of law.

And the linked article makes no mention of the immigrants/migrants being ‘illegal.’

This is yet another example of dishonest fearmongering by the hateful, bigoted, nativist right.

There are immigrants that go through the system the right and legal way and those scoff laws that just boogie their sorry asses over the border with no visas or anything else.

Illegals.

I see, so you are upset at a title instead of addressing the thread....Seems like a dodge to me...

The title is the thread. The thread is a lie, nobody was trend away. What more needs to be said?

The title is the thread. The thread is a lie, nobody was trend away. What more needs to be said?
Then the OP should thank you for your input, and file it appropriately where it belongs...In the trash.

Forum List

Back