Christian Theology Questions

There is no need to fight among each other. Christ gave us one person we have responsibility to control, and one person only
Ourselves.

He loves us and will help us put off the natural man and repent of our sins if we yield to the enticing of the Holy Spirit
So god made us imperfect and it's up to us to correct his mistake? Ok, got it.

There is no need to fight among each other. Christ gave us one person we have responsibility to control, and one person only
Ourselves.

He loves us and will help us put off the natural man and repent of our sins if we yield to the enticing of the Holy Spirit

No. Our mortality isn't a mistake. Just a necessary period of learning and growth. There is nothing we can do to be made perfect. It's only through Christ that we can be perfected.

James 4:11-17Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 [My] brethren, do not speak evil about or accuse one another. He that maligns a brother or judges his brother is maligning and criticizing the Law andjudging the Law. But if you judge the Law, you are not a practicer of the Law but a censor and judge [of it].

12 One only is the Lawgiver and Judge Who is able to save and to destroy [the One Who has the absolute power of life and death]. [But you] who are you that [you presume to] pass judgment on your neighbor?

13 Come now, you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a city and spend a year there and carry on our business and make money.

14 Yet you do not know [the least thing] about what may happen tomorrow. What is the nature of your life? You are [really] but a wisp of vapor (a puff of smoke, a mist) that is visible for a little while and then disappears [into thin air].

15 You ought instead to say, If the Lord is willing, we shall live and we shall do this or that [thing].

16 But as it is, you boast [falsely] in your presumption and your self-conceit. All such boasting is wrong.

17 So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin.
You are what's known as a dick teaser. Lots of Christian gals fall into that category for some reason.

I think the whole practice what you preach thing eludes you.

So much for really wanting an answer. Don't ask questions you have no intentions of wanting a real answer, it just wastes my time explaining it to you

All time on this site is recreational and thus 'wasted time.' Quit imagining you're significant.

so the remedy for their insecurity is constructing a book of lessens they then claim is inalterable and "infallible" based on an unverified event that occurred + 2000 years ago and coincidentally pleasurable to their own narrow perspective ... :eusa_hand:

and then expect Admission to the Everlasting without any effort of their own.

Ourselves.

No. Our mortality isn't a mistake. Just a necessary period of learning and growth. There is nothing we can do to be made perfect. It's only through Christ that we can be perfected.
Jesus is dead, he can't do anything for you.

Thoughts become actions. Actions become habits. Habits become our character.

The adversary tempts us with wicked thoughts all the time. Our thoughts are not us. It's when we start dwelling on and entertaining those thoughts that we sin.
Sin was invented by god. It's all good.

This was the moment I thought you understand what you are speaking about.

Ourselves.

If someone compares 2 snowflakes then one will see: similar but not perfect copies. If someone could compare billions of snowflakes then someone could see: never 2 snowflakes are the same - an astonishing perfectness in the differences. But I'm quite sure one could also find 2 snowflakes with exactly the same structure: a wonder. So what can I say? Try to avoid heat, little snowflake. Very imperfect for snowflakes.

"wa" not "i". Jesus was dead. Now Jesus lives. And in the moment he prepares a home for him in heaven. Jesus will soon come back - if not today then maybe tomorrow or a little while later.

Last edited:

The adversary tempts us with wicked thoughts all the time. Our thoughts are not us. It's when we start dwelling on and entertaining those thoughts that we sin.

Ourselves.

If someone compares 2 snowflakes then one will see: similar but not perfect copies. If someone could compare billions of snowflakes then someone could see: never 2 snowflakes are the same - an astonishing perfectness in the differences. But I'm quite sure one could also find 2 snowflakes with exactly the same structure: a wonder. So what can I say? Try to avoid heat, little snowflake. Very imperfect for snowflakes.

"wa" not "i". Jesus was dead. Now Jesus lives. And in the moment he prepares a home for him in heaven. Jesus will soon come back - if not today then maybe tomorrow or a little while later.

Jesus doesn't live, he's dead as a fucking doorknob. And unless he's got his head frozen next to Ted Williams', he ain't coming back either.

Ourselves.

I thought mormons can become gods. So gods aren't perfect? Hmmm.

That's what I was trying to get across. I think Jeremiah put me on ignore after throwing in her Lucy 5 cent reprimand or is not feeling quite the thing after I put a stone in her craw

Ourselves.

Jesus doesn't live, he's dead as a fucking

When I hear your respectless use of the word word "fucking" - what's normally an unbelievable beautiful action where two lovers make their bodies to one common body and create new life - I'm asking myselve ... ah forget it. To be respectless about love is not good.

doorknob.

I'm not sure wether a doorknob is really this what you think what dead is. There's some spirit inside of the creators of the doorknob and a doorknob has a regulating function. He opens or closes a port from an inside to an outside. If people are unfree then they are often living in a place where doorknobs lose their normal functions - like for example in Palmasola.

And unless he's got his head frozen next to Ted Williams', he ain't coming back either.

Who's Ted Wiliams? ... Wait a moment - soon back ... Thanks for wating. I guess you speak about the radio-moderator who was born in Brooklyn in 1957. ... interesting story ... interesting man ... interesting country where he lives ... interesting reactions ... the man with the golden voice was lucky to find people who helped him. I remember in this context "golden voice" a blind black singer in the USA who died there on hunger about 100 years ago. Unfortunatelly I forgot his name. ... Hope I will remember him one day again ... But I don't get the point what you like to say with this words. Is Ted Williams dead? Sorrry - now I got it: You think about the footballplayer who "gave" Ted Williams his name. (A very bad idea by the way to do so. Everyoen has his own identity and not the identity of another person.) - And you think Jesus is only a famous person of history and we are his fan-Club. Good grieve - I'm really very slow sometimes.

But there are indeed hierarchies in remembering people. We know nearly nothing about the gladiators of Rome - but we know a lot abot the philosophers from Greece. Whatever. In case of Jesus the story is maybe a little different. He will always remember us - even if we forget him. It's not a problem for Jesus if we forget him - it's a problem for us, His words help us - and the people who are thinking togethr with us in serios ways about his words help us. Or other people who are living in his spirit - even sometimes without knowing anything about their near to god on their own - help us. Take Lutz Long and Jesse Owens as an example - nearly no one remembers the friendship of this two sportsmen any longer. They did not live in the sad clichees of their time. They had to suffer under the predjudices during their time on earth. I'm not even sure wether Lutz Long was not murdered indirectly from the Nazis.

So - you don't believe that Lutz Long rests in the arms of the Lord, what's one of my hopes. How should you do so? You heard the first time in your life the name "Lutz Long". And you don't believe Jesus comes back.

If Jesus not comes back - so what? Then I will be dead the rest of my death ? That's nothing what worries me. But I'm not able to believe this. I'm not able to believe everything is senseless or a joke of an evil entity or [[the] [[not] existing]] god. I believe Jesus is true god from true god. And he will come back and/or I will go home. My life will end as this is the will of god and the same time - or better to say another time - my life will never end, if this is the will of god.

So let me come back to your belief: Who or what do you think spoke your sentence of death? And how are you able to live without hope?

Last edited:

Ourselves.

When I hear your respectless use of the word word "fucking" - what's normally an unbelievable beautiful action where two lovers make their bodies to one common body and create new life - I'm asking myselve ... ah forget it. To be respectless about love is not good.

doorknob.

I'm not sure wether a doorknob is really this what you think what dead is. There's some spirit inside of the creators of the doorknob and a doorknob has a regulating function. He opens or closes a port from an inside to an outside. If people are unfree then they are often living in a place where doorknobs lose their normal functions - like for example in Palmasola.

And unless he's got his head frozen next to Ted Williams', he ain't coming back either.

Who's Ted Wiliams? ... Wait a moment - soon back ... Thanks for wating. I guess you speak about the radio-moderator who was born in Brooklyn in 1957. ... interesting story ... interesting man ... interesting country where he lives ... interesting reactions ... the man with the golden voice was lucky to find people who helped him. I remember in this context "golden voice" a blind black singer in the USA who died there on hunger about 100 years ago. Unfortunatelly I forgot his name. ... Hope I will remember him one day again ... But I don't get the point what you like to say with this words. Is Ted Williams dead? Sorrry - now I got it: You think about the footballplayer who "gave" Ted Williams his name. (A very bad idea by the way to do so. Everyoen has his own identity and not the identity of another person.) - And you think Jesus is only a famous person of history and we are his fan-Club. Good grieve - I'm really very slow sometimes.

But there are indeed hierarchies in remembering people. We know nearly nothing about the gladiators of Rome - but we know a lot abot the philosophers from Greece. Whatever. In case of Jesus the story is maybe a little different. He will always remember us - even if we forget him. It's not a problem for Jesus if we forget him - it's a problem for us, His words help us - and the people who are thinking togethr with us in serios ways about his words help us. Or other people who are living in his spirit - even sometimes without knowing anything about their near to god on their own - help us. Take Lutz Long and Jesse Owens as an example - nearly no one remembers the friendship of this two sportsmen any longer. They did not live in the sad clichees of their time. They had to suffer under the predjudices during their time on earth. I'm not even sure wether Lutz Long was not murdered indirectly from the Nazis.

So - you don't believe that Lutz Long rests in the arms of the Lord, what's one of my hopes. How should you do so? You heard the first time in your life the name "Lutz Long". And you don't believe Jesus comes back.

If Jesus not comes back - so what? Then I will be dead the rest of my death ? That's nothing what worries me. But I'm not able to believe this. I'm not able to believe everything is senseless or a joke of an evil entity or [[the] [[not] existing]] god. I believe Jesus is true god from true god. And he will come back and/or I will go home. My life will end as this is the will of god and the same time - or better to say another time - my life will never end, if this is the will of god.

So let me come back to your belief: Who or what do you think spoke your sentence of death? And how are you able to live without hope?

Ted Williams was a famous baseball player who had his head frozen so that in the future, his head could be re-attached to a viable body and he live again.
The rest of your post is just nonsense. My hope comes from knowing that the bible is complete horseshit. Amen.

Ourselves.

doorknob.

Ted Williams was a famous baseball player who had his head frozen so that in the future, his head could be re-attached to a viable body and he live again.

Sounds like a joke from my good old friend Frankenstein. But what has this to do with the christian religion? That's a belief in science fiction.

The rest of your post is just nonsense. My hope comes from knowing that the bible is complete horseshit. Amen.

Your "knowledge" will lead you into a future without Christians. What will you win in this case?

Last edited:

doorknob.

Sounds like a joke from my good old friend Frankenstein. But what has this to do with the christian religion? That's a belief in science fiction.

Your "knowledge" will lead you into a future without Christians. What will you win in this case?

Why do we even need Christians? Have ANY good reasons?

doorknob.

You don't need Christians. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

doorknob.

You don't need Christians. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

that's the problem and the real reason scriptural religions as oposed to living religions are an encumbrance rather than a path leading to Admission to the Everlasting as prescribed by the Almighty.

hey zaang, why don't you get out of your gutter by writing a better book that's alive ?

that's the problem and the real reason scriptural religions as oposed to living religions are an encumbrance rather than a path leading to Admission to the Everlasting as prescribed by the Almighty.

Problem? Nothing lives here in this world without body - every information needs a carrier for us. Some people don't read - some because they don't like to learn and some because they are unfortunatelly not able to do so. I just remember: About two years ago thieves stole three very worthful early printings from Martin Luther in Eisenach. One was from the year 1530 and titled „Lutherpredigt, das man Kinder zur Schulen halten soll“ (=Luther preaching that one should hold children to school). One of the great mysteries of the chrtistian religion are books. We are the religion of the book. Christians are readers. We read everything. And if not the bible and other books then the word of god all around - his living creation is everywhere all around. Your problem is not a problem.

hey zaang, why don't you get out of your gutter by writing a better book that's alive ?

I should write a better book than the bible? Strange idea. I don't think anyone can do so. In the bible are writing thousands of enspired authors and coauthors from hundreds of years. And in the book were and are reading - and will read - billions of enspired people looking for inspirations. And this book speaks to them all.

Last edited:
funny-pics-Jesus-loves-you_zpsaxlgofhh.jpg

There are some...'discrepancies' re religion.

funny-pics-Jesus-loves-you_zpsaxlgofhh.jpg

There are some...'discrepancies' re religion.

True, although your own motivation could be an evil "live - and not let live". A short time ago someone murdered in Charleston in a church lots of Christians. The murderer had such a similar evil motivation in a very extreme intensity. That's the hell of the american reality. No one should open in oneselve an entry point of hell into the world. As far as I heard the people, which lost their beloved family members, answered not with hell to hell. Hell was the position of the aggressor and not the position of the people, which had to suffer very hard becauseof the cruel deeds of this evil agressor who was under control of hell.
So: Who do you think goes to hell and who to heaven? I'll tell you: No one knows. Only god knows. But my hope for a good life in the grace of god is with the victims and their family members. God bless them.

Last edited:
I should write a better book than the bible? Strange idea.

zaang: You don't need Christians. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

is that sortof an oxymoron except for christians (but some of us) who claim everyone is a sinner and that makes looking up palatable for them -

well, not everyone is in the gutter or a sinner - you definitely need a better book, try Shakespeare as a pattern or Garden Earth and just leave out the "son of god" story ....

Forum List

Back