Christians Have an Obligation to Support the President

So they have an obligation to support a criminal, cheater and adultar? Christians have losed their moral compass if they vote trump.
They've made their choice, they've exposed their priorities.

Despite his personal failings, Trump is not their enemy the way Hillary was/is.

There is nothing unreasonable or wrong about that.

Your inability to respect their decision, does not reflect well on you.
That's horrible. I feel so bad now.

I don't want you to feel bad, I want you to not be a snide jerk.

My point, which was completely reasonable, and which you utterly failed to address, stands.

I wonder which is worse: (a) Having to play defense with Hillary, or (b) being blatantly hypocritical and selling your supposedly Christian soul to the abomination in the White House?

It doesn't matter, of course, because (a) is only hypothetical. I'm just glad I'm not in that position.

It's God's will.

<< American evangelicals “have a moral obligation to enthusiastically back” the president. >>

‘Render to God and Trump’: Ralph Reed calls for 2020 obedience to Trump
OMG.
Are we back to the divine right of kings?
Just how far back in time are the fundies willing to go?

THe link stated clearly that he explains his reasons in the book.

It is not likely to be "Divine right of kings".

I promise, that if it is, I will join you in ridiculing him.

Christians are suppose to follow Christ and what he taught us, and no one else.... and that seems to be hard to do, for Trump followers...

you can not support Trump and his actions and mouth,

if you follow Jesus Christ.

Trump, and everything he does and says,

is antichrist.

Trump is not the anti-Christ.

He is a fairly normal politician with fairly normal political positions.

Your delusional hysteria is on you, not on them.

So they have an obligation to support a criminal, cheater and adultar? Christians have losed their moral compass if they vote trump.

My point, which was completely reasonable, and which you utterly failed to address, stands.

I wonder which is worse: (a) Having to play defense with Hillary, or (b) being blatantly hypocritical and selling your supposedly Christian soul to the abomination in the White House?

It doesn't matter, of course, because (a) is only hypothetical. I'm just glad I'm not in that position.

Trump is a course and sometimes vulgar man, but as a politician, his positions are well within historical norms.

There is nothing about his actual words or actions, that justify calling him an "abomination".

Your are believing your sides own spin, and then judging other people, as though they agree with you, on who and what Trump is.

IF, you were completely right about Trump, being a monster, then those that do not see it as that, would be WRONG.

They would not have sold their souls, they would be wrong about what type of person Trump is.

you are in the grip of mass hysteria.

Trump is a course and sometimes vulgar man, but as a politician, his positions are well within historical norms.

There is nothing about his actual words or actions, that justify calling him an "abomination".

Your are believing your sides own spin, and then judging other people, as though they agree with you, on who and what Trump is.

IF, you were completely right about Trump, being a monster, then those that do not see it as that, would be WRONG.

They would not have sold their souls, they would be wrong about what type of person Trump is.

Whatever works for you. I'm just glad I don't have to do that.

Christians are suppose to follow Christ and what he taught us, and no one else.... and that seems to be hard to do, for Trump followers...

is antichrist.

he is anti Christ in all that he does...

you can not follow both Christ and a man who is the antipathy of Christ in all that he does.

Share with us what values and teachings of Christ, that Trump follows...please.

Christians do not support Trump. Dumb people being deceived by satan do.

Yes, because Christianity is first and foremost political to you. I know.

Wrong. Spirituality is about life. All of it. Including the fruits of those who have been given power.

Political Power is your idol; maybe "God" will be along for the ride.

I know. I understand

You are the one that believes Christians are required to support Trump. So political power is your idol.

I do not believe Christians are "required" to support Trump. Do not put words in my mouth
How can a Christian be an anti-Christian bigot? You make three mistakes. The first is using the generic umbrella term "Christian" when you are actually referring to differences between the various denominations of Christianity. Secondly, you seek to define the entire Christian faith according to the group that you individually identify with, which is incredibly arrogant on your part. Third, you are trying to identify the entire Christian faith, all denominations and variations, with a particular political party.

1. By holding bigoted opinions about Christians.

2. The lib comments I refer to, generally do not distinguish between "Christians" and right leaning Evangelicals. So, I dont' either, when I discuss liberal bigotry.

3. I do not seek to define the entire Christian faith as anything. THe sloppiness of liberal bigotry, is not relevant to my point, so I dont' address it, and it is something THEY do anyways.

4. I do not attempt to identify all of Christianity with the GOP. I am well aware of the sloppiness of the liberal bigots I refer to. I don't see how mentioning it is relevant.

When you can’t dazzle them with brains, you try to baffle people with bullshit.

Every one of your arguments against Christian Democrats has been dismantled to you’re trying to move he goal posts.

The only Christian bigots I see are evangelicals who refuse service to some sinners but not others. Who send their children to all white, all straight schools where they learn the earth is 6000 years old and science lies.

Your claims that Democrats are anti-Christian bigots has been shot out of the water. You don’t get to set new parameters to the discussions now that you’ve lost the debate.

Each point I made, was in response to a specific point or question Lysistrata made or asked.

I moved nothing. Nor has my point been refuted.

Many times over. Evangelicals are a conservative political action group masquerading as churches Nothing more.

You have done nothing to support your conclusion that these churches, are not sincere churches, that have valid reasons for engaging in political activity.

When questioned on MLK, you had no problem with his historical political activities.

YOu seem to be motivated by partisan opposition and bias, not principle or truth.

As always, you make assertions and come to conclusions that utterly false and based on your own biases.

Churches should not be involved in politics. Period. Jesus said it when asked about the Romans. “My Kingdom is not of this earth”.

Martin Luther King Jr. was not involved in politics. He was involved in civil rights. He neither supported nor advocated for a political party.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

What, point out how hysterical you are being, thinking that Trump is an "abomination"?

It is better to be me, pointing it out, then being you, suffering from the hysteria.

What, point out how hysterical you are being, thinking that Trump is an "abomination"?

It is better to be me, pointing it out, then being you, suffering from the hysteria.
Great!

is antichrist.

Here’s where all of you ideas turn to dust. We are not in the “grip of some hysteria” as you put it. In fact, your comments about Hillary are unhinged and unbalanced. If anyone is in the grip of hysteria around here, it’s those who think a Clinton presidency would be this unhinged or dangerous.

If you can’t see that denigrating refugees, jailing them and taking their children away is both monstrous and utterly in opposition to all of Jesus teachings, you’re deluding yourself.

is antichrist.

he is anti Christ in all that he does...

you can not follow both Christ and a man who is the antipathy of Christ in all that he does.

Share with us what values and teachings of Christ, that Trump follows...please.

I have not considered his policies and positions in that light, and doing so would be quite a stretch for me.

But I can see that Trump is not the enemy of the Evangelical Right, while Hillary is.

Thus, the idea that Reed believes that Christians should support Trump, is completely reasonable,

and only someone in the grips of hysteria, would call President Trump, the "anti-Christ".

The only obligation on Christians is to exercise the freedom the truth provides them.

Wrong. Spirituality is about life. All of it. Including the fruits of those who have been given power.

I know. I understand

You are the one that believes Christians are required to support Trump. So political power is your idol.

I do not believe Christians are "required" to support Trump. Do not put words in my mouth

2. The lib comments I refer to, generally do not distinguish between "Christians" and right leaning Evangelicals. So, I dont' either, when I discuss liberal bigotry.

3. I do not seek to define the entire Christian faith as anything. THe sloppiness of liberal bigotry, is not relevant to my point, so I dont' address it, and it is something THEY do anyways.

4. I do not attempt to identify all of Christianity with the GOP. I am well aware of the sloppiness of the liberal bigots I refer to. I don't see how mentioning it is relevant.

Every one of your arguments against Christian Democrats has been dismantled to you’re trying to move he goal posts.

The only Christian bigots I see are evangelicals who refuse service to some sinners but not others. Who send their children to all white, all straight schools where they learn the earth is 6000 years old and science lies.

Your claims that Democrats are anti-Christian bigots has been shot out of the water. You don’t get to set new parameters to the discussions now that you’ve lost the debate.

Each point I made, was in response to a specific point or question Lysistrata made or asked.

Many times over. Evangelicals are a conservative political action group masquerading as churches Nothing more.

You have done nothing to support your conclusion that these churches, are not sincere churches, that have valid reasons for engaging in political activity.

When questioned on MLK, you had no problem with his historical political activities.

YOu seem to be motivated by partisan opposition and bias, not principle or truth.

As always, you make assertions and come to conclusions that utterly false and based on your own biases.

Churches should not be involved in politics. Period. Jesus said it when asked about the Romans. “My Kingdom is not of this earth”.

Martin Luther King Jr. was not involved in politics. He was involved in civil rights. He neither supported nor advocated for a political party.

You accuse me of making unsupported assertions.

Then you assert that "churches should not be involved in politics".

But you support Martin Luther King's political activities, despite him being a Preacher and using his church to advance his political agenda.

Your claim that Civil Rights was not a political matter, is delusional.

is antichrist.

Here’s where all of you ideas turn to dust. We are not in the “grip of some hysteria” as you put it. In fact, your comments about Hillary are unhinged and unbalanced. If anyone is in the grip of hysteria around here, it’s those who think a Clinton presidency would be this unhinged or dangerous.

If you can’t see that denigrating refugees, jailing them and taking their children away is both monstrous and utterly in opposition to all of Jesus teachings, you’re deluding yourself.

That's why he stopped that awful human trafficking in the 1st place.
It's more inhumane, using children.

I know. I understand

You fascists want to take away all our civil rights but then when we fight back you will cry about how we "shouldn't be involved in politics".

Listen, cat girl, we know how this ends

is antichrist.

You post about stuff going on not even in your country so......

is antichrist.

That's why he stopped that awful human trafficking in the 1st place.
It's more inhumane, using children.

Taking your own child to America is NOT human trafficking. Trump was separating families. Confirmed by DNA testing.

Forum List

Back