Deal Emerging: Where Does the GOP Go From Here?

Jay Carney was just asked if this is a complete win for the WH. He said there are no winners here. I wish they'd ask now if there are any losers...

No

The Supreme Court did not rule that ACA was a tax. They ruled that the individual mandate was a tax

And will the ACA work without the individual mandate?

/

ACA is a law.

No it isn't. I have already shown you.

The individual mandate is one of the ways that law gets funded.

The individual mandate levies a tax. But it did not ORIGINATE in the House.

If Republicans can find another way to fund it, they are welcome to try

The Republicans who oppose the bill do not have the political support to oppose the boondoogle.

" it is impossible to compete against free stuff. Every businessman knows this; that is why the “loss leader” or the giveaway is such a powerful marketing tool. Obama’s America is one in which free stuff is given away: the adults among the 47,000,000 on food stamps clearly recognized for whom they should vote, and so they did, by the tens of millions; those who – courtesy of Obama – receive two full years of unemployment benefits (which, of course, both disincentivizes looking for work and also motivates people to work off the books while collecting their windfall) surely know for whom to vote; so too those who anticipate “free” health care, who expect the government to pay their mortgages, who look for the government to give them jobs. The lure of free stuff is irresistible.

The Decline and Fall of the American Empire

Grab your ankles Pubs...here it comes.

makes you wonder if it was worth it...don't it guys?

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picking a stupid fight - with a very predictable outcome.

And losing support in the process - further damaging their ability to influence policy.

It's just so stupid.

Especially when you consider how well 2014 was lined up for them. I think it still is but why would you want to do something that so damages the status quo? If it ain't broke; don't fix it (politically)...

Just made no sense.

The can got kicked down the road a whooping 4months. In the mean time one person signed up for Obama Care. ROFL

Grab your ankles Pubs...here it comes.

makes you wonder if it was worth it...don't it guys?

And losing support in the process - further damaging their ability to influence policy.

It's just so stupid.

Especially when you consider how well 2014 was lined up for them. I think it still is but why would you want to do something that so damages the status quo? If it ain't broke; don't fix it (politically)...

Just made no sense.

Republicans count on Americans having short memories........Look! Squirrel

This one however, may have legs. Don't know what GOP plans are for getting back into the publics good graces

I think Republicans had an outside shot of taking the Senate (6 seats) if they kept a clean record. Republican Senatorial candidates will have a tough time splain'n this one. Because of Gerrymandering, Republicans are still safe but will give up more seats

It's just so stupid.

Just made no sense.

This one however, may have legs. Don't know what GOP plans are for getting back into the publics good graces
s

Democrats and the surrender caucus of the Republican party count on Americans having parasitic tendencies.

It's just so stupid.

Just made no sense.

I think Republicans had an outside shot of taking the Senate (6 seats) if they kept a clean record. Republican Senatorial candidates will have a tough time splain'n this one. Because of Gerrymandering, Republicans are still safe but will give up more seats

My opposite number over in Boston was talking about a story they had over there where Canadians were fishing in US waters since the border patrol was being scaled back. Some of the estimates were that a few tons of fish were scooped up by the Canucks that belonged in American fishermen's cargo nets. I imagine the same thing is happening in Texas with Mexico and in Alaska with the Canadians and Russians; solid red states with hard working men (and women I guess) are being hurt by the Boehner Shutdown. I heard one story as to where the "Deadliest Catch" folks were not able to go out because the regulators were not issuing permits or something. Here is the Fox News story so you know it's true:

'Deadliest Catch' fishery a no-go in partial shutdown | Fox News

Thanks John.

Jay Carney was just asked if this is a complete win for the WH. He said there are no winners here. I wish they'd ask now if there are any losers...

Reminds me of the time when a Brigadier General Brooks was talking about the playing cards that were issued to troops in Iraq to look for Baath Party officials.

130314-iraq-where-now-brooks2.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Check that wall of medals out...is he pinned to them or are they pinned to him?

Anyway, one of the reporters asked if "Bahgdad Bob" was the joker. Without wanting to infuriate the enemy, this classy man just grinned at the suggestion.

Just made no sense.

My opposite number over in Boston was talking about a story they had over there where Canadians were fishing in US waters since the border patrol was being scaled back. Some of the estimates were that a few tons of fish were scooped up by the Canucks that belonged in American fishermen's cargo nets. I imagine the same thing is happening in Texas with Mexico and in Alaska with the Canadians and Russians; solid red states with hard working men (and women I guess) are being hurt by the Boehner Shutdown. I heard one story as to where the "Deadliest Catch" folks were not able to go out because the regulators were not issuing permits or something. Here is the Fox News story so you know it's true:

'Deadliest Catch' fishery a no-go in partial shutdown | Fox News

Thanks John.

OMG

UN-fucking-believable

Send the commander-in-chief a tweet with their coordinates so that he can drone them.

.:cuckoo:

There are winners. Once again, the insurance industry takes the day. Don't know why we bother having a Congress.

Yes, the ACA is law, without any Contumacious exclusion penalties at all.

If the TeaPs are stupid enough to do this again, the Dems will have over 320 seats in 2015, a Dem senate, and a Dem president.

Is that what we Republicans want? Do not tolerate the TeaPs.

Where do Republicans go from here?

I'd like to see a "We're not crazy" branch of Republicans emerge. A branch dedicated to fiscal responsibility, jobs and economic recovery

A branch that recognizes how bills are passed in Congress, what compromise means and how to act like adults

:poke:

Just kidding...I know better

Where do Republicans go from here?

I'd like to see a "We're not crazy" branch of Republicans emerge.

Which the PARASITES define as "A BRANCH WHICH RECOGNIZES THAT WE ARE NOW A MAJORITY, WE VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN, WE ARE HERE TO STAY AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE MARXIST MOTTO : "TO EACH ACCORDING TO HIS NEEDS"

I actually think it will get worse before it gets better. America is simply more interested in Kim Karashian and Britney Spears than politics. Republicans are motivated to vote. When people finally zero in on the next presidential election, the GOP might finally start to wake up.
I've heard that in some midterms, a few states voted at around 7%. That's just a disgrace.

One of the more appropriate actions would be for republicans to actively start lobbying China to stop lending us money.

Forum List

Back