Democrats and Republicans pass Warren Amendment which calls for removal of Confederate Monuments in graveyards including Arlington

We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago.
Honoring those patriots who fought for the security and preservation of the United States is one thing and Americans should never forget them or their sacrifices.

Honoring TRAITORS of the United States who took up arms against this Nation and the Constitution to create their own Slave Nation separate and apart is anathema to all reasonable and honorable conduct!
Lol you need to get a history lesson
Really? Well why don't you point out EXACTLY what is wrong in what I wrote and be specific...very specific, boi!
Most ppl in the south never seen a black before, and were fighting ppl because they showed up on there land, the war had nothing to do with slavery, it was states rights. More economic power to control the goods.
You fucking retard. They fought because they wanted slavery to stay as it was. Your alternate facts are bullshit.
That is what we are told. Its nice and clean that way. The financier of the world wanted inroads with their fiat currencies to the Western Hemisphere. And the United States was in the way. The though was breaking up a growing powerful nation would leave one side eventually using a fiat currency controlled by the then globalists. Slavery was getting bad bad press. Pressures were building to end it. It was going to end. Maybe a decade later or so if no war happened. The financiers plied interference in our nation. They wanted a fiat currency and tried many tines. Had limited success but we returned to the gold standard every time. Until 1913.
I'll bite. What "financier?"

Although it's certainly true that the southern elites "big league" wealth unhealthily concentrated in one commodity: slaves. It was unwise as an investment strategy, and unhealthy both economically and morally. And the northern elites' wealth was concentrated in manufacturing and exploitation of natl resouces. The south wanted free trade (except for slaves) and the north wanted tariffs to reduce imports of manufactured goods.

We have to learn about our history, honor those that fought and learn from mistakes made so many years ago.
Honoring those patriots who fought for the security and preservation of the United States is one thing and Americans should never forget them or their sacrifices.

Honoring TRAITORS of the United States who took up arms against this Nation and the Constitution to create their own Slave Nation separate and apart is anathema to all reasonable and honorable conduct!
Really? Well why don't you point out EXACTLY what is wrong in what I wrote and be specific...very specific, boi!
Most ppl in the south never seen a black before, and were fighting ppl because they showed up on there land, the war had nothing to do with slavery, it was states rights. More economic power to control the goods.
You fucking retard. They fought because they wanted slavery to stay as it was. Your alternate facts are bullshit.
Wrong, moron.
You fucking idiot. Its even in their articles of seccesion.

" Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. "
That was one reason out of several, dumbass. Furthermore, that isn't why Lincoln launched the war against the South. Lincoln didn't give a damn about the slaves.
It was the first, second, and third reason listed you fucking idiot. :lol:
That was one state. Other states listed numerous reasons.
Show me one confederate state that didnt list slavery. Also I am sure you are familiar with the Cornerstone address right? They were speaking for all confederate states. Sorry dude. You just dont know what the fuck youre talking about. :)

Stephens' speech declared that disagreements over the enslavement of African Americans were the "immediate cause" of secession and that the Confederate constitution had resolved such issues, saying:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. [...] Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."

Wrong, moron.

" Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. "
That was one reason out of several, dumbass. Furthermore, that isn't why Lincoln launched the war against the South. Lincoln didn't give a damn about the slaves.
Show me one confederate state that didnt list slavery. Also I am sure you are familiar with the Cornerstone address right? They were speaking for all confederate states. Sorry dude. You just dont know what the fuck youre talking about. :)

Stephens' speech declared that disagreements over the enslavement of African Americans were the "immediate cause" of secession and that the Confederate constitution had resolved such issues, saying:

The new Constitution has put at rest forever all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution—African slavery as it exists among us—the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson, in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old Constitution were, that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with; but the general opinion of the men of that day was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. [...] Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the idea of a Government built upon it—when the "storm came and the wind blew, it fell."
You're treating a petulant child as an adult. LOL

I'd agree that slavery really was "the issue." All issues had, at the heart, slavery.

But I don't see Warren opposing statues to dead confederates on civil war parks. I'd be against that, if she were.

Wrong, moron.

I'd agree that slavery really was "the issue." All issues had, at the heart, slavery.

But I don't see Warren opposing statues to dead confederates on civil war parks. I'd be against that, if she were.
I saw an outstanding quote somewhere the other day that went something like this.

"We cant begin to dismantle white supremacy if we are still celebrating the symbols that applaud the belief in white supremacy."

So let those civil war parks exist on private land and remove the tax payers burden to support the up keep and maintenance of confederate statues.

Wrong, moron.

How big of you to agree with a proposition that you never disputed.

Wrong, moron.

I saw an outstanding quote somewhere the other day that went something like this.

"We cant begin to dismantle white supremacy if we are still celebrating the symbols that applaud the belief in white supremacy."
"White supremacy" is a fiction. It doesn't exist.

Wrong, moron.

No one ever claimed that slavery wasn't an issue. What I am saying is that it wasn't the only issue. Only idiots who are totally ignorant of history would dispute that.

Wrong, moron.

That's hilarious coming from a petulant TDS moron.

Wrong, moron.

No one ever claimed that slavery wasn't an issue. What I am saying is that it wasn't the only issue. Only idiots who are totally ignorant of history would dispute that.
You claimed that slavery wasn't the issue. Here is your quote to my statement that slavery was the issue.

Jitsi: ".. the war had nothing to do with slavery, "

Me: "You fucking retard. They fought because they wanted slavery to stay as it was. Your alternate facts are bullshit."

bripat: "Wrong, moron."

bripat: " No one ever claimed that slavery wasn't an issue. "

So how did you miss that Jitsi claimed the war had nothing to do with slavery?

Except, leaving the union was not clearly forbidden.

Furthermore, the terms of surrender included no treason for anyone and complete reconciliation after reconstruction.

So, take your "traitor" nonsense and get the fuck out. They would have been traitors to their own state if they fought against it.

I can tell you have a very simplistic understanding of it all.

Furthermore, the terms of surrender included no treason for anyone and complete reconciliation after reconstruction.

So, take your "traitor" nonsense and get the fuck out. They would have been traitors to their own state if they fought against it.

US Constitution
Article III, Sec. 3 Cls. 1
" Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. "

They were TRAITORS when they levied war against the United States in 1861, fool!

Leaving the union and the terms of surrender after the fact, are NOTWITHSTANDING, you bloody fool!
Wrong, turd. Southernors didn't levy war on any state until they were attacked. Lincoln levied war on the Southern states. Lincoln invaded Virginia. Lincoln is the traitor.
Wrong, turd. Southernors didn't levy war on any state until they were attacked. Lincoln levied war on the Southern states. Lincoln invaded Virginia. Lincoln is the traitor.
Actually, you impudent little child, you're fucking wrong again! The first shots fired initiating the Civil War were fired by the South Carolina Militia on April 12, 1861 (the official date of the start of the Civil War). They fired on the Union Army holding Fort Sumter in the bay. Well maybe when you get into 5th grade next year your teacher will cover that in your history lessons.

Oh, one other thing, your teacher next year may even cover the Battle of Bull Run which you are "confused" about. That took place at Manassas Junction, Virginia July 21, 1861 (Over three months AFTER the official date of the start of the Civil War). Now how can the United States "invade" a State of the United States, Pup? And how could Lincoln be a traitor for sending US Troops into a State that had rebelled against the United States? Maybe in Summer School you can get your teacher to explain how the Constitution works. You be very sloooww so you need to study very hard next year and make your teacher give you a passing grade...'Kay?

They weren’t exactly “traitors”. They were serving their states, who by democratic process seceded from the Union. From their point of view the Union were traitors for attacking them and their right to govern themselves. It was a civil war, meaning both sides were Americans. Not saying they should be “honored”, but remembered yes.

Wrong, moron.

So let those civil war parks exist on private land and remove the tax payers burden to support the up keep and maintenance of confederate statues.
Well, why? The South lost. I gotta tell ya that I've been to Vicksburg countless times, Bulls Run, Antietam and Gettysburg ….. and the issue is sacrifice and bravery.

I think it's too bad that southern states have successfully removed most sites connected with slavery. At the Univ of Va there were slave sites. I read that at Monticello they've ucovered Sally Hemmings living spaces. We need more history, not less. But we need to be honest about our history. And yes the WH was built partly with slave labor

Wrong, moron.

I agree that white supremacy is a fictional ideology. Its like believing in fairy tales or the bogey man. I mean come on. The proof is all around us that its not true. My point is that the belief in white supremacy must be dismantled.

US Constitution
Article III, Sec. 3 Cls. 1
" Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. "

They were TRAITORS when they levied war against the United States in 1861, fool!

Leaving the union and the terms of surrender after the fact, are NOTWITHSTANDING, you bloody fool!
Actually, you impudent little child, you're fucking wrong again! The first shots fired initiating the Civil War were fired by the South Carolina Militia on April 12, 1861 (the official date of the start of the Civil War). They fired on the Union Army holding Fort Sumter in the bay. Well maybe when you get into 5th grade next year your teacher will cover that in your history lessons.

Oh, one other thing, your teacher next year may even cover the Battle of Bull Run which you are "confused" about. That took place at Manassas Junction, Virginia July 21, 1861 (Over three months AFTER the official date of the start of the Civil War). Now how can the United States "invade" a State of the United States, Pup? And how could Lincoln be a traitor for sending US Troops into a State that had rebelled against the United States? Maybe in Summer School you can get your teacher to explain how the Constitution works. You be very sloooww so you need to study very hard next year and make your teacher give you a passing grade...'Kay?
The federal government invaded Virginia, turd. It can do that when it has announced it's purpose was to overthrow the sovereign government of Virginia. If Trump announced he was going to overthrow the state government of Washington and occupy CHAZ it would be the same thing.

Ft Sumter was within the boundaries of South Carolina. It was part of SC. How could SC make war on itself?

Wrong, moron.

I agree that white supremacy is a fictional ideology. Its like believing in fairy tales or the bogey man. I mean come on. The proof is all around us that its not true. My point is that the belief in white supremacy must be dismantled.
Virtually no one believes it. The few that do believe in it are so few in number that they aren't worth worrying about. They're mostly hicks who have no power of any kind.

Wrong, moron.

Well, why? The South lost. I gotta tell ya that I've been to Vicksburg countless times, Bulls Run, Antietam and Gettysburg ….. and the issue is sacrifice and bravery.

I think it's too bad that southern states have successfully removed most sites connected with slavery. At the Univ of Va there were slave sites. I read that at Monticello they've ucovered Sally Hemmings living spaces. We need more history, not less. But we need to be honest about our history. And yes the WH was built partly with slave labor
When are you going to start?

They weren’t exactly “traitors”. They were serving their states, who by democratic process seceded from the Union. From their point of view the Union were traitors for attacking them and their right to govern themselves. It was a civil war, meaning both sides were Americans. Not saying they should be “honored”, but remembered yes.
"Civil war" means two side fighting for control over the same government. The South had no interest in controlling the federal government, so it wasn't a civil war.

Wrong, moron.

" The South lost. "

Exactly. Their ideology should also lose. To honor those that fought for that ideology is to keep that ideology alive. You cant seperate the two because of the way the human mind works. We dont need memorials to remember history. Put it in a history book. Teach it to the children so they never forget but to honor that ideology or the people that fought for it is a constant slap in the face for Black americans. White people love to tell Black people to "let it go" in regards to slavery. In return we say show us by letting go of the ideology that the very same traitors and enslavers that created and fought to maintain slavery should be honored in any way.

Wrong, moron.

Can't mandate what people believe.

Wrong, moron.

" The South lost. "

Exactly. Their ideology should also lose. To honor those that fought for that ideology is to keep that ideology alive. You cant seperate the two because of the way the human mind works. We dont need memorials to remember history. Put it in a history book. Teach it to the children so they never forget but to honor that ideology or the people that fought for it is a constant slap in the face for Black americans. White people love to tell Black people to "let it go" in regards to slavery. In return we say show us by letting go of the ideology that the very same traitors and enslavers that created and fought to maintain slavery should be honored in any way.
That's horseshit. What about the Romans. They practiced slavery. Are they all vermin because of that?

How about the English? The established slavery in this country. They also has slavery in their sugar plantations in the carribean for centuries. Are they all scum forever?

You're obviously just trying to keep the hatred alive for the sake of electoral success. There's nothing noble nor admirable about your motives.

Forum List

Back