Democrats Get The Ball Rolling

It might pass. Republicans are seeing a lot of public support this time. 80s and high 90% in all party polling. Please stop obstructing the anti terrorist bills, this is important stuff.

Anti-terrorism bill? I thought we were talking about gun control.

It might pass. Republicans are seeing a lot of public support this time. 80s and high 90% in all party polling. Please stop obstructing the anti terrorist bills, this is important stuff.

Anti-terrorism bill? I thought we were talking about gun control.
You say tomato, I say tomahto. That lone wolf was one guy but he made it clear he was with Isis.

Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Filibuster Ends After GOP Agrees to Allow Gun Control Votes: Senator

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

"We did not have that commitment when we started today," Murphy said.

GOP to Allow Gun Control Votes After 15-Hour Filibuster: Senator
More gun control laws that don't work, that's the ticket.

Gun control is a moot point since there is a big black market out th
For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux
How would you know, you all have been railing against any gun laws. The banning of automatic weapons and attending to that watch list are two significant ways to start.

Wrong. Automatic weapons are already banned, and as far as the watch list goes? Do you lefties also hate due process?
How did the shooter own one legally then? However you identify the things, people don't need to own an automatic military grade weapon. He killed 50 people with a legal automatic rifle.

He passed all the gun control rules for buying a gun. That's how he bought it.

If the FBI hadn't dropped the ball he would have been flagged when he tried to buy a gun.

They investigated the man for two years and they say there wasn't enough evidence to go further.

The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon. Gun control is bullshit. You can buy a gun on the black market, no rules, as long as you have the money.
Sure but he was on a watch list. He had a big mouth and I realize you can't prove anything from some guy spouting off but he is on that list for a reason.

They should have had the wherewithall to hold up that sale.

Much is left to do but I'm proud of my Ohio senator, Sherrod Brown and the others who got this Republican congress to take a baby step.

Senate Democrats ended a nearly 15-hour filibuster early Thursday after Republican Party leaders reportedly agreed to allow votes on two proposed gun control measures.

Sen. Chris Murphy, a Democrat from Connecticut, said that a compromise had been reached. Votes would be held on whether to ban people on the government's terrorist watch list from obtaining gun licenses and whether to expand background checks to gun shows and internet sales, he added.

For Republicans to do some work for the people. They've been sitting on their hands for too long. Also, why is Trump talking with the NRA? Last I knew they don't influence policy. They are the last ones who should be influencing policy.

The NRA represents over 5 million gun owners is one reason. Laws will not reduce or change a thing. The law effects the lawful, not the unlawful

-Geaux
How would you know, you all have been railing against any gun laws. The banning of automatic weapons and attending to that watch list are two significant ways to start.

Wrong. Automatic weapons are already banned, and as far as the watch list goes? Do you lefties also hate due process?
How did the shooter own one legally then? However you identify the things, people don't need to own an automatic military grade weapon. He killed 50 people with a legal automatic rifle.

If the FBI hadn't dropped the ball he would have been flagged when he tried to buy a gun.

They investigated the man for two years and they say there wasn't enough evidence to go further.

The gun is the tool. The person using it is the weapon. Gun control is bullshit. You can buy a gun on the black market, no rules, as long as you have the money.

actually they said the people who reported him did so because they are racist

the PC world strikes again

-Geaux

Sure but he was on a watch list. He had a big mouth and I realize you can't prove anything from some guy spouting off but he is on that list for a reason.

Oh FDA, this lie again? How many times does it have to be debunked? He WAS NOT ON THE TERROR LIST when he bought the gun. He was taken off the list because the FBI determined that it was just islamophobia that caused people to complain about him.

Oh FDA, this lie again? How many times does it have to be debunked? He WAS NOT ON THE TERROR LIST when he bought the gun. He was taken off the list because the FBI determined that it was just islamophobia that caused people to complain about him.

We still need the law. I can't debunk what you are saying because I heard that he was on a watch list and a terror list at one time so until I get some time to read more about it, I will let it go. We still need the gun laws and to get rid of assault guns/rifles. You all will have to explain why you need those types of weapons for hunting, etc...

We still need the law. I can't debunk what you are saying because I heard that he was on a watch list and a terror list at one time so until I get some time to read more about it, I will let it go. We still need the gun laws and to get rid of assault guns/rifles. You all will have to explain why you need those types of weapons for hunting, etc...

Do you not care about our right to due process?

Gun laws never do anything but get people killed and take away our rights.

I use my AR-15 for hunting and sport.

I don't have to "need" them. It is a "Bill of Rights" not the "Bill of Needs".

Why are you arguing something you don't have time to look into?

No I don;t care, I have been pro gun control for many years. A family member was shot when she was just in high school. My thread was about the filibuster and how proud I am of the senators at least trying to get some control.

what do you want done sara
Thanks, I'm so proud the Democrats filibustered to get the two votes brought to the floor for now.

I want the computers to call out people on watch lists attempting to buy guns just like this website calls out alerts, everytime it happens. I don't want them to be allowed to buy guns.

I want to expand background checks to gun shows and to internet sales.

These things are just common sense. I hope businesses and events where a lot of people gather find the money and find it important enough to scan people walking in.

For now.

But Sara, Were you aware the terrorist had indeed passed (2) independent FBI background checks to purchase (2) firearms?

-Geaux
Yes, this lone killer had a conceal/carry permit. They need to get serious about their data base and checks on that watch list.

The FBI removed him from the watch list. They could have checked it forever and found nothing.

they dont care

Yep, don't care about the Constitution either. If you noticed, I got no response either time I brought it up.

No I don;t care, I have been pro gun control for many years. A family member was shot when she was just in high school. My thread was about the filibuster and how proud I am of the senators at least trying to get some control.

How about some abortion control, say a 1 month waiting period, and a $250 fee per abortion? That's a deal compared to the $1000 and 3-6 month wait I have to endure just to get a pistol permit for my own apartment.

We have some control, what you idiots want is only the police and criminals to be armed (and of course, those people who are buddy buddy with people in charge, progrressives love themselves some good cronyism).

Democrats blasted Ted Cruz for his futile defund-Obamacare filibuster. Now Democrats are filibustering for a futile vote on gun control which WILL NOT PASS. But it's different, somehow.

Anti terrorist bills, bullshit, out right bans in Europe didn't stop them from getting anything they wanted, won't here either. Laws are for the law abiding not criminals.

Right, regardless of how may constitutional rights they have to step on to do it. People like you are the reason tyrants flourish in this world.

Thanks, I'm so proud the Democrats filibustered to get the two votes brought to the floor for now.

I want the computers to call out people on watch lists attempting to buy guns just like this website calls out alerts, everytime it happens. I don't want them to be allowed to buy guns.

I want to expand background checks to gun shows and to internet sales.

These things are just common sense. I hope businesses and events where a lot of people gather find the money and find it important enough to scan people walking in.

For now.

But Sara, Were you aware the terrorist had indeed passed (2) independent FBI background checks to purchase (2) firearms?

-Geaux
Yes, this lone killer had a conceal/carry permit. They need to get serious about their data base and checks on that watch list.

The FBI removed him from the watch list. They could have checked it forever and found nothing.

they dont care

Yep, don't care about the Constitution either. If you noticed, I got no response either time I brought it up.
I don't know how many ways I have to say it, I don't want people owning assault weapons. I would love to have all of them rounded up and melted down forever.

You and your guns are archaic, we need for the violence to stop and it won't if someone doesn't stand up and get the ball rolling.

-Geaux

they dont care

I don't know how many ways I have to say it, I don't want people owning assault weapons. I would love to have all of them rounded up and melted down forever.

You and your guns are archaic, we need for the violence to stop and it won't if someone doesn't stand up and get the ball rolling.

How many times do we have to say it, assault weapons ARE NOT sold to the general public, you need special ATF permits to legally own them. They are available to anyone with the cash on the black market however, your laws won't change that.

they dont care

How many times do we have to say it, assault weapons ARE NOT sold to the general public, you need special ATF permits to legally own them. They are available to anyone with the cash on the black market however, your laws won't change that.
That rifle the shooter used is an assault weapon. It killed 50 people and wounded many more. Whatever name you give that fucking rifle, he bought it legally plus all the ammo he needed to do all of that damage.

Stop whining and face it, these steps have needed to be taken.

they dont care

That rifle the shooter used is an assault weapon. It killed 50 people and wounded many more. Whatever name you give that fucking rifle, he bought it legally plus all the ammo he needed to do all of that damage.

He did all that damage because the people there and the cops gave him 3 hours to do it. Given that kind of time he could have done the same with a much lower capacity weapon. Hell he made 16 phone calls and posted to face book during that time. How can you claim to be an adult while ignoring reality and facts. Oh right, you're only interested in control, not solving the problem or upholding our Constitution.

-Geaux

they dont care

And why don't you wish for Unicorn Farts and Sugarplum fairy queefs while you are at it?

It's not up to you unless you convince 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the States to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Your Utopian view of human nature is quaint, and at the same time troubling because you see massive government force (which would have to use the same guns you hate so much) to achieve you stated goals.

they dont care

Have we actually found out which weapon he did the most damage with, the rifle or the handgun?

-Geaux

they dont care

It doesn't matter what you don't want, or what right you choose not to implement. What does matter is what rights we CHOOSE to execute. My need outweighs your lack of need

-Geaux

Forum List

Back