Democrats move to take Trump off the ballot

Do they realize that is in no way legal or constitutional? They want to take him off the ballot for not doing something there is no legal requirement for him to do good luck with that.

States move to require all presidential candidates to release taxes

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

That dear friends is called fascism. .

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?
Poor Democrats. Trump beat them 3-2 in the States last time and could add another 4 or 5 states to his total this time, so the wannabe totalitarian left wants to take the election out of the hands of the voters by restricting ballot access.

One problem? THE US CONSTITUTION:

Article II of the Constitution provides the criteria for presidential candidates. It would take a constitutional amendment to modify that criteria on a federal level. Currently, the criteria for a presidential candidate, per the Constitution, is that the candidate must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. That’s it. If 38 States agree to a change in qualifications, they can draft the changes and ratify them as a Constitutional amendment, but fewer than 38 States, acting collectively, do not have that power. Powell v. McCormick and U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton make it clear that neither Congress nor the states can add to qualifications for members of Congress. This same rationale applies to presidents.

Voters are free to vote by whatever subjective standards and criteria they prefer in a candidate. Voters are capable of determining if releasing tax records is important.

Blue States autocrats seem very uncomfortable with leaving voting decisions in the hands of the voters.

All we hear from democrats are accusations that the GOP are tying to suppress the vote in a myriad of ways

Funny, I never heard one Republican suggest that the democrat nominee should be taken off the ballot.

Shouldn't States be able to write their own rules?
Poor Democrats. Trump beat them 3-2 in the States last time and could add another 4 or 5 states to his total this time, so the wannabe totalitarian left wants to take the election out of the hands of the voters by restricting ballot access.

One problem? THE US CONSTITUTION:

Article II of the Constitution provides the criteria for presidential candidates. It would take a constitutional amendment to modify that criteria on a federal level. Currently, the criteria for a presidential candidate, per the Constitution, is that the candidate must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, a resident for 14 years, and 35 years of age or older. That’s it. If 38 States agree to a change in qualifications, they can draft the changes and ratify them as a Constitutional amendment, but fewer than 38 States, acting collectively, do not have that power. Powell v. McCormick and U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton make it clear that neither Congress nor the states can add to qualifications for members of Congress. This same rationale applies to presidents.

Voters are free to vote by whatever subjective standards and criteria they prefer in a candidate. Voters are capable of determining if releasing tax records is important.

Blue States autocrats seem very uncomfortable with leaving voting decisions in the hands of the voters.

Several states (nearly all of them) require signatures to be collected to have persons placed on the ballots in those states. There is nowhere in the Constitution that prohibits that practice. By extension, other requirements could be added.

I personally do not feel that there should be any of these restrictions.

Ballot access - Wikipedia

it's not a beautiful situation we're living in right now.

i dont get why people like Trump. he's a businessman? he's not a good one. but some like him because of that. watching Trump has been a lesson for all of us. how can he get away with all the things he does? WHITE PRIVILEGE, FOLKS!

Trump is not a good businessman? How many billions have you managed to acquire in your lifetime, dumbass?
more than Donald. i dont like to brag though. i'm a humble reluctant billionaire

Yeah, right!

The only claim i would believe is that you would admit to being an inpatient at a psych ward for the Terminally Bewildered.

The reason CA is so screwed up is because the Democrat Party has no competition.
They've practically erased Republicans from the state.
Is that why California is the biggest economy ? Is this why lot of Americans and foreigners migrated to California and it became the most populous state? I wonder they dont go to Mississippi, N Dakota or South Carolina.

when you diminish the value of the unborn, my friends, you diminish the value of all human life. that's why Democrats will lose in a landslide to Trump in 2020!

Do they realize that is in no way legal or constitutional? They want to take him off the ballot for not doing something there is no legal requirement for him to do good luck with that.

A few things you have wrong...

We do not yet know if it is legal or constitutional. Signature requirements are not listed in the Constitution yet they are legal.

He is not on the ballot, so he cannot be taken off. The ballot has not yet been set.

If they pass the law, there will then be a legal requirement.

Really? Where in the Constitution does it say candidates must file financial disclosure paperwork? Every candidate running is required to do so.

That is not a Constitutional requirement but deals with funding campaigns, not eligibility. Why are you such a dumbass?
It is still a requirement to run for office...and it's not in the Constitution. Neither are signature gathering requirements.

I think the next democratic president should change the FEC rules and see what the courts have to say.

Change it to what, dumbass?

The current financial disclosure documents are far more revealing than any tax return. Of course, you probably wouldn't know that since you have probably never filed a tax return.

No, they aren't...which is why every candidate since Nixon has released their tax returns in addition to the required FEC forms. That it has been a norm and not a rule is because all candidates until Trump has followed the norms. When one doesn't, like Trump, then it has to become a rule or a law.

What information do you think would be gathered that is on a tax form that is not on an FEC financial disclosure form?

What You (Don’t) Know About Trump: The Huge Holes In Disclosure Rules And How They Could Be Fixed

I will knowing that, thank you!

So what do you do, other than being a professional moron?

Maybe when you can ask nicely, I'll tell you

I consider that request to be very polite as it acknowledges your main accomplishment in life.

If that's what you consider nice, I feel for those close to you...

Those close to me are not Richard Craniums.

But YOU are. That's why I feel for them.

A few things you have wrong...

We do not yet know if it is legal or constitutional. Signature requirements are not listed in the Constitution yet they are legal.

He is not on the ballot, so he cannot be taken off. The ballot has not yet been set.

If they pass the law, there will then be a legal requirement.
Now maybe I'm off base here but wouldn't requirements for a President or someone running for President have to be passed by Congress and signed into law by the sitting President? Seems to me if you let the states do that you would be creating an epic clusterfuck as they could set whatever requierments they wanted to keep someone off the ballot based on their own political ideology and whichever party happens to control the state legislaturer and Governor seat at the time. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

The reason CA is so screwed up is because the Democrat Party has no competition.
Is that why California is the biggest economy ? Is this why lot of Americans and foreigners migrated to California and it became the most populous state? I wonder they dont go to Mississippi, N Dakota or South Carolina.
I lived in CA back in the 70s. CA was a Republican state back then. Ted Kennedy decided a good way to change the demographics was to allow millions of illegals to come into the state and start breeding anchor-babies. They also brought in hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese, Cambodians, Filipinos, taking all of the jobs and driving down wages.
It took a few decades, but the destruction is now complete. Now the state is flat broke. Billions in debt. Illegals holding public office. Non-citizens voting in elections. Heavy crime, racism, high taxes, people leaving in droves, drugs, people shitting in the streets, homeless everywhere. Wow!!! That's some progress.

Last edited:

I lived in CA back in the 70s. CA was a Republican state back then. Ted Kennedy decided a good way to change the demographics was to allow millions of illegals to come into the state and start breeding anchor-babies. They brought hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese, Cambodians, Filipinos, taking all of the jobs and driving down wages.
It took a few decades, but the destruction is now complete. Now the state is flat broke. Billions in debt. Illegals holding public office. Non-citizens voting in elections. Heavy crime, racism, high taxes, people leaving in droves, drugs, people shitting in the streets, homeless everywhere. Wow!!! That's some progress.

I think you will find that progress is in eyes of the beholder.

For example, if you are convinced that climate change and over population are the only things worth worrying about, then you might be inclined to favor policies that kill economies, so as to reduce carbon emissions due to cars/planes/etc., and you might be inclined to favor policies such as abortion and sexual deviancy that does not cause people to reproduce.

For that person, progress is the Left wing ideology.

I lived in CA back in the 70s. CA was a Republican state back then. Ted Kennedy decided a good way to change the demographics was to allow millions of illegals to come into the state and start breeding anchor-babies. They brought hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese, Cambodians, Filipinos, taking all of the jobs and driving down wages.
Like there no crimes, drugs, racism in the 70s huh?
People leaving in droves ? Hahahaha fake news , I live here it keeps getting busier by the hour.

the democrats should move to make sure that everyone who votes is alive and a legal american

For example, if you are convinced that climate change and over population are the only things worth worrying about, then you might be inclined to favor policies that kill economies, so as to reduce carbon emissions due to cars/planes/etc., and you might be inclined to favor policies such as abortion and sexual deviancy that does not cause people to reproduce.

I think it's clear it is a very bad idea to vote for candidates that consider progress is destroying economies....and take money from people like George Soros who have made billions doing so.

I think it's clear it is a very bad idea to vote for candidates that consider progress is destroying economies....and take money from people like George Soros who have made billions doing so.
i vote to remove that wig off of maxine browns head

Forum List

Back