Democrats Say They Want Higher Wages for Lower Income Workers

Not at all.

This country has such a screwed up relationship with morality and labor. It’s time we recognize it.

If someone doesn’t want to work at Starbucks, that doesn’t make them bad.

Ok, substitute Starbucks for your favorite company that is willing to pay a minimum of 31k/yr, offer benefits and free college for unskilled labor but can't find workers because these folks believe they are entitled to an engineer's salary with no remarkable skills. That is the very definition of spoiled and that is what is going on with this country. A couple of generations of entitled, indoctrinated folks who have been brow beaten with the idea that if anyone is driving a Porsche we should all be driving Porsches because that would only be fair.

Last edited:
Being mad at Republicans for not raising taxes, hilarious.

Republicans argued that Biden shouldn't get his bill as it will raise the deficit but yet here you are arguing to get something but add to the debt to get it.

People pay into unemployment benefits. Not to mention that the enhanced benefits are over and they have to demonstrate they're looking for work to continue to get it. Disability is disability. Surely you aren't suggesting that disabled people are the ones that we should be forcing into the labor pool by taking away benefits?

Employers budgets will have to figure out how to accommodate the increase in wages just like any other commodity. Employers seem to think that if they offer a job with a wage they consider appropriate, people should want that job. That's not their call. It's a screwed up system. There's this awful sense of entitlement from some employers.

You're totally right that no one forces people to work. That's exactly what we are seeing here and that's exactly what is pissing off a lot of people who don't get it.

It's not a weird or warped view of reality, I'm just able to see both sides of the issue, unlike others who only want to see it from one perspective.
I call it free markets. As such the Gov't should stay out of it. The unemployment benefits were above and beyond as were mandates not allowing landlords to toss those who didn't pay rent (blue states only I believe). Eventually the system works its way out but the Gov't should not interfere.

We are done here. You do not know what the word "myth" means. You should hang out with Jerry Nadler. You can discuss the fake news media together.

Republicans argued that Biden shouldn't get his bill as it will raise the deficit but yet here you are arguing to get something but add to the debt to get it.
BS crocodile tears about deficit spending just like BS crocodile tears about people making minimum wage.

Massachusetts minimum WAGE is $13.50, NOT $7.50??? Or did I misunderstand your statement?
I AM TALKING ABOUT NORTH CAROLINA. Follow the conversation. Min Wage in NC is $7.50 and they have lower unemployment than MA and MA still has poverty. Min wage and unemployment aren't necessarily correlated. All you leftists are the same.

I call it free markets. As such the Gov't should stay out of it. The unemployment benefits were above and beyond as were mandates not allowing landlords to toss those who didn't pay rent (blue states only I believe). Eventually the system works its way out but the Gov't should not interfere.
They have to go off topic because they can’t defend their agenda of driving down wages.

what about leaf blowers? they're just supposed to accept it right? You probably think women should just accept a rape.

Don't be absurd.. What does rape have to do with picking beans or peaaches?

I 100% support free markets. But the Gov't makes it impossible because they keep sending in stimulus. Let the markets reign. Gov't should have minimal interference. We for example didn't need a 2nd round of CARES loans except for two segments: Restaurants and Gyms.

LOL, I never argued they didn't. I argued BOTH sides want it.
I don't disagree with you that both sides want it. that's why you really can't put this on Trump. His own damn party wouldn't do it.

Why?

Because the Republicans are all in bed with the Chamber of Commerce and big businesses who want to pay shit wages. Flooding the market with unskilled labor drives down all wages across-the-board.

It also allows employers to be a shitty as they want to their employees, because there are five other people working for the same job. It is the worst condition to be in for an employee.

I am for all measures that will end this bullshit. I am for long criminal sentences for employers and their executives who allow her to continue in their businesses. In fact, I think they should have an active duty to investigate anyone who was working for them to ensure that that person is doing so legally.

Don't be absurd.. What does rape have to do with picking beans or peaaches?
Illegals take other jobs too such as construction, handyman work, landscaping, driving, maid service, restaurant work..I do not mind listening and examining every case but we either have laws or we do not.

Ok, substitute Starbucks for your favorite company that is willing to pay a minimum of 31k/yr, offer benefits and free college for unskilled labor but can't find workers because these folks believe they are entitled to an engineer's salary with no remarkable skills. That is the very definition of spoiled and that is what is going on with this country. A couple of generations of entitled, indoctrinated folks who have been brow beaten with the idea that if anyone is driving a Porsche we should all be driving Porsches because that would only be fair.
And you think you're entitled to their labor and entitled to treat them however you want because you are their employer.

The attitudes of employers are causing their own problems. This is blowback.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
I don't disagree with you that both sides want it. that's why you really can't put this on Trump. His own damn party wouldn't do it.

Why?

Because the Republicans are all in bed with the Chamber of Commerce and big businesses you want to pay shit wages. Flooding the market with unskilled labor drives down all wages across-the-board.

It also allows employers to be a shitty as they want to do their employees, because there are five other people working for the same job. It is the worst condition to be in for an employee.

I am for all measures that will end this bullshit. I am for long criminal sentences for employers and their executives who allow her to continue in their businesses. In fact, I think they should have an active duty to investigate anyone who was working for them to ensure that that person is doing so legally.
Trump wanted to end sanctuary cities, pknopp says they don't exist. Typical Sanders acolyte.

Forum List

Back