Dems Big Push for 2014: Minimum Wage

Congress is mainly a bunch of scum bags! Insurance for all Americans is not affordable; it is a ideologue's fantasy. Millions of Americans don't deserve anything - they can eat shit, and, die. Insuring pre-existing conditions without monetary conditions or the ability to flat out refuse, is not insurance at all! It is more entitlements. When a person thinks they are entitled to what others have - that is the impetus for theft, and robbery! Obama is both a thief, and a bandit! :eusa_boohoo:

Must be more of that "compassionate conservatism" we heard about.
I guess you think that Robbin Hood was compationate? Steal from the earners, and give to those who don't. Robbin was a Hood - like Obama!

Was he even real? I'm asking...dunno.

Must be more of that "compassionate conservatism" we heard about.
I guess you think that Robbin Hood was compationate? Steal from the earners, and give to those who don't. Robbin was a Hood - like Obama!

Was he even real? I'm asking...dunno.

:eek:

ROBIN+HOOD+DISNEY.jpg

And the government has done so well in public education. :cuckoo:

Public education should be the responsibility of the state and not the feds.

The same with environmental, energy, healthcare, welfare issues etc.....

State governments are governments, fyi.

And, Public Education is not the responsibility of the Feds, FYI

I think he knows I was speaking about "federal" government and not "state" government. Or maybe he's just as stupid as the rest of the libturds.

It's probably the latter but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

By "Partisan" I meant Party Politics.

Obviously the issue has conservative and liberal arguments, bu no political party has ever consistantly championed No MW.

Trying to pin the MW issue on the Democratic Party is as ridiculous as trying to pin racism to the Republican Party.
Can you list all the Democrats who have opposed raising it?

No, I'm really not going to trouble myself, but Republicans have raised the MW: Attempting to make every issue a partisan issue is necessary to simplify the world for those who have difficulty comprehending it.

No argument republicans have voted like Democrats.
My question is whether Democrats have ever voted like Republicans on this issue.

The GOP is ready to puts limits on what the poor make, but fall short of putting limits on what the 1% make...why is that?

The GOP is ready to puts limits on what the poor make, but fall short of putting limits on what the 1% make...why is that?

The GOP puts no limits on what anyone makes. That's the point, dumbshit.
The Democrats put limits on what everyone makes, or even if they can make anything at all.

Usually when minimum is raised, it is raised by an amount that has very little effect on the economy. Most of the fast food and grocery store jobs already pay those that stick around more than a few weeks more than what the new minimum wage will be. The new minimum wage will still not be a "living wage" which means the democrats will be playing the same song again when the politics work for it.

If the minimum wage is such a good idea, then it should be raised to at least $20 per hour so that everyone that works will be making a living wage........Right?

For full time, that would be more than a living wage in most states. We can stop at the living wage. No need to exceed it.

Why?

How is the GOP putting limits on what the poor can make?

They aren't, he's just spewing the new DNC talking point they just sent to him..
sheeps do that willingly..
The Democrats sure can't run on Obama's record of over 7% unemployment for five years, so they need something else to feed their low information base to get them riled up again

Last edited:
Usually when minimum is raised, it is raised by an amount that has very little effect on the economy. Most of the fast food and grocery store jobs already pay those that stick around more than a few weeks more than what the new minimum wage will be. The new minimum wage will still not be a "living wage" which means the democrats will be playing the same song again when the politics work for it.

If the minimum wage is such a good idea, then it should be raised to at least $20 per hour so that everyone that works will be making a living wage........Right?

For full time, that would be more than a living wage in most states. We can stop at the living wage. No need to exceed it.

Why?

Why not? As long as a person is rewarded for his or her labor with wages and benefits that allow him or her to live reasonably and buy shit that makes our economy grow, I'm good.

Why?

Why not? As long as a person is rewarded for his or her labor with wages and benefits that allow him or her to live reasonably and buy shit that makes our economy grow, I'm good.

The standard of living that would constitute what a living wage is seems to be a moving target.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/30/u...rn-to-minimum-wage-as-2014-strategy.html?_r=0

The effort to take advantage of growing populism among voters in both parties is being coordinated by officials from the White House, labor unions and liberal advocacy groups.

In a series of strategy meetings and conference calls among them in recent weeks, they have focused on two levels: an effort to raise the federal minimum wage, which will be pushed by President Obama and congressional leaders, and a campaign to place state-level minimum wage proposals on the ballot in states with hotly contested congressional races.

With polls showing widespread support for an increase in the $7.25-per-hour federal minimum wage among both Republican and Democratic voters, top Democrats see not only a wedge issue that they hope will place Republican candidates in a difficult position, but also a tool with which to enlarge the electorate in a nonpresidential election, when turnout among minorities and youths typically drops off.

“It puts Republicans on the wrong side of an important value issue when it comes to fairness,” said Dan Pfeiffer, the president’s senior adviser. “You can make a very strong case that this will be a helpful issue for Democrats in 2014. But the goal here is to actually get it done. That’s why the president put it on the agenda.”

That's certainly going to make the 2014 elections interesting.

maybe but the Times article conveniently overlooks one important fact -- polling consistently shows that notwithstanding Obama's harping on this issue, the public has VERY little interest in it. They may say they favor it (and i assume they do) but when asked about the major issues the country faces and what they feel is most important to them it is always at or near the bottom of the list (right there with climate change which most people dont really care about either). So turning this into an issue based on which people decide to cast their vote will not be an easy task

the Democrat party is evil in how they manipulate the people in this country

They have 7% unemployment for five years so in order to distract from that they are going to be champions of the people and demand businesses pay people more...no matter what the fallout that will come it, like eliminating more jobs...

just evil people

Pretty smart move if the DEMS are willing to play the long game with it. The nation is ready for a higher FMW. The basic lie about it is that it will raise prices. Prices are rising anyway without the added benefit of additional pay for the workers so, at least, this will include that benefit.

Again, when you have a consumer based economy and wages for the consumers remain flat, you're going to have some economic problems since your engine isn't getting any fuel. At the very least, this will be fuel for the engine. I doubt the engine will go very far at the outset because a lot of the new monies will go toward debt reduction but after that, you'll see some real growth.

This is the dumbest post yet.

Let me paraphrase you, prices are already rising so let's help make them rise faster and higher.

Policymakers need to find ways to reduce the barriers to job creation instead of adding to them.

Raising the FMW will keep younger workers that primarily need these jobs from getting these jobs. Businesses will either eliminate positions or hire more experienced workers at the higher mandated wage.

And the alternative is to do what; keep on with stagnant wages and rising prices anyway? Uh, no thanks. It's well past time the FMW should be raised. Fear is only effective when people believe you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/30/u...rn-to-minimum-wage-as-2014-strategy.html?_r=0

The effort to take advantage of growing populism among voters in both parties is being coordinated by officials from the White House, labor unions and liberal advocacy groups.

In a series of strategy meetings and conference calls among them in recent weeks, they have focused on two levels: an effort to raise the federal minimum wage, which will be pushed by President Obama and congressional leaders, and a campaign to place state-level minimum wage proposals on the ballot in states with hotly contested congressional races.

With polls showing widespread support for an increase in the $7.25-per-hour federal minimum wage among both Republican and Democratic voters, top Democrats see not only a wedge issue that they hope will place Republican candidates in a difficult position, but also a tool with which to enlarge the electorate in a nonpresidential election, when turnout among minorities and youths typically drops off.

“It puts Republicans on the wrong side of an important value issue when it comes to fairness,” said Dan Pfeiffer, the president’s senior adviser. “You can make a very strong case that this will be a helpful issue for Democrats in 2014. But the goal here is to actually get it done. That’s why the president put it on the agenda.”

That's certainly going to make the 2014 elections interesting.

Commies using other peoples money to buy votes, not interesting at all, just commies as usual.

Why?

Another economic Einstein who thinks 1) consumer spending grows the economy, 2) it makes sense to pay people more than they deserve.

Forum List

Back