Dick Cheney: Picking Sarah Palin Was A ‘Mistake’

McCain lost, in part, because Palin is a loony and American as a whole recognized that.

Why do you think she chose not to run in 2012?

Largest disapproval numbers of any potential candidate

Check the poll numbers.

She was a sick joke foisted on the American public.

McCain lost, in part, because Palin is a loony and American as a whole recognized that.

yeah sure jakie...cause you have have all the pulse on all of America

last I heard, her negatives were "off the charts". McCain chose her to get disaffected Hillary voters & red state voters. Didn't work out however ;)

Last edited:
You show your ignorance by thinking she has any qualifications other than a failed governorship in a state with a population less than Delaware.

Wolfsister77 is right on the money.

Yep, Palin was not qualified because she knew nothing of foreign affairs and very little of domestic policy as well. Part of the reason McCain lost was because people were scared to death of the thought of her in the WH as President. It is the truth.

and Obama had so much more of all those things being a lowly state senator and a junior Senator of less than two years..
McCain lost because of MCCAIN

He lost partly because of McCain and partly because of Palin.

Why do you think she chose not to run in 2012?

Largest disapproval numbers of any potential candidate

Check the poll numbers.

She was a sick joke foisted on the American public.

yeah sure jakie...cause you have have all the pulse on all of America

last I heard, her negatives were "off the charts". McCain chose her to get disaffected Hillary voters & red state voters. Didn't work out however ;)

Palin has about 20% of the voters that love her

The other 80% hate her with a passion. And that includes 50% of Republicans

ummm hummm, Palin had more qualification than OBAMA...at least she was a Governor of a state, Obama was a damn JUNIOR SENATOR of less then TWO YEARS and a lowly state senator before that..
and Biden, dear gawd we all hoped nothing would happen where that dunce would step in President

I'm not sure how you would classify who has more qualification.

Palin had less than two years as a governor of a small state with only 772,000 people in it, and before that she was mayor of a town with 9000 people in it.

Obama was a Senator for four years, and before that, he spent a decade in the IL house representing a district with a quarter million people in it. The State of IL has nearly 13 million. You tell me who represents more people and delt with more complex problems.

Oh, yeah, and the key thing. Palin Quit.

Thank you, JoeB, on this we agree.

Palin was, is, and forever will be a quitter.

She quit when the going got tough.

I personally think that McCain gets too much grief over picking Palin, and a lot of the judgments about Palin aren't based on what we knew in 2008, but what she's done since in her "reality TV" mode. Yes, let's concede the point, we really dodged a bullet putting someone that petty and dumb a heartbeat away from the presidency.

However, the People saying "I told you so" really said no such things in 2008. At the time, Palin looked like a pretty good pick. She got the conservative base excited, she had a good record as a reformer, she was attractive and likable.

McCain's real problems were that his own party really didn't want him, but the alternatives were worse, and the economic and military situations had drained any popularity the GOP had.
McCain's main problem was a vow to continue the failed policies of Bush.

That's why he got the nicknames 'McBush' and 'McSame'.

Picking Poor Sarah was just the final straw and made people seriously question his judgement.

I have to respectfully disagree.

McCain spent his entire career trying to be Mr. Middle of the Road, Mr. Bi-Partisan, Mr. "You can work with me", but after years of saying "If Republicans were just more like John McCain, I could almost stand you", Dems treated him worse than they treated Bush.

And this is something as a moderate Republican that has always annoyed me. When we try to meet you halfway, we get our hands slapped, and then get jeered by our own when we walk back.

McCain could have been a president who got things done, but honestly, you guys rejected him. And if Romney wins, because Obama wasn't up to the job, you guys are really going to have no one to blame but yourselves.

Incidently, voting against Romney because I think he's a horrible human being who will do harm to this country... but his oppurtunity is there.

That is complete bullshit since the neocons dont come to anything close to 50% of the GOP and they are about the only ones that have any problems with Sarah.

You libtards just prefer to make shit up rather than search, read and think about anything for more than two minutes.

Is that your position? That Cheney is just a liar?

Why not? Cheney will lie when it suits him and engage in the most extraordinary hypocrisy when it suits him.

Anyone remember this one?

"Reagan proved that deficits dont matter."

With one statement that senile old fool wiped out forty years of GOP PR on keeping the deficit down.

Cheney should get his ugly mug away from the damned camera before he gives the GOP another blast below the water line.
I'll definitely thank this one!

Truth is truth.

Cheney is a criminal, IMO, and has nothing but contempt for the people of this nation, the Constitution and any form of morality that would obstruct him from his goals for even one nano second.

And now he is going senile to boot! His own daughter Liz disagrees with him about Palin!

A very small poll does indicate that Palin is more popular than Romney. I would like to see the poll and the polling material and the polling demographic.

If that is true, my GOP still has a puppy love on its equivalent of Cruella DeVil.

Sarah Palin's Popularity Enhances Her Influence in GOP Politics - Yahoo! News

Palin has about 20% of the voters that love her The other 80% hate her with a passion. And that includes 50% of Republicans
That is complete bullshit since the neocons dont come to anything close to 50% of the GOP and they are about the only ones that have any problems with Sarah. You libtards just prefer to make shit up rather than search, read and think about anything for more than two minutes.

A very small poll does indicate that Palin is more popular than Romney. I would like to see the poll and the polling material and the polling demographic.

If that is true, my GOP still has a puppy love on its equivalent of Cruella DeVil.

]

I don't think it's puppy love.

I think it's real affection.

I don't agree with Palin's positions and think she's not very bright, but she's sincere. She's willing to take the hits for what she believes and stand up for it.

Romney doesn't take a dump without checking with a pollster first, and then he still manages to get toilet paper on his shoe.

Sounds like your guy Obama you are describing.

Those pubs who get to know SP get to the point of detesting her.

I personally think that McCain gets too much grief over picking Palin, and a lot of the judgments about Palin aren't based on what we knew in 2008, but what she's done since in her "reality TV" mode. Yes, let's concede the point, we really dodged a bullet putting someone that petty and dumb a heartbeat away from the presidency.

However, the People saying "I told you so" really said no such things in 2008. At the time, Palin looked like a pretty good pick. She got the conservative base excited, she had a good record as a reformer, she was attractive and likable.

McCain's real problems were that his own party really didn't want him, but the alternatives were worse, and the economic and military situations had drained any popularity the GOP had.
McCain's main problem was a vow to continue the failed policies of Bush.

That's why he got the nicknames 'McBush' and 'McSame'.

Picking Poor Sarah was just the final straw and made people seriously question his judgement.

I have to respectfully disagree.

McCain spent his entire career trying to be Mr. Middle of the Road, Mr. Bi-Partisan, Mr. "You can work with me", but after years of saying "If Republicans were just more like John McCain, I could almost stand you", Dems treated him worse than they treated Bush.

And this is something as a moderate Republican that has always annoyed me. When we try to meet you halfway, we get our hands slapped, and then get jeered by our own when we walk back.

McCain could have been a president who got things done, but honestly, you guys rejected him. And if Romney wins, because Obama wasn't up to the job, you guys are really going to have no one to blame but yourselves.

Incidently, voting against Romney because I think he's a horrible human being who will do harm to this country... but his oppurtunity is there.

McCains best shot was when he ran as a maverick in 2000. Dirty tactics by Bush ruined him. By 2008, McCain looked like he had aged 20 years. Against a young dynamic candidate like Obama, he didn't have a chance

Palin didn't matter one way or the other except to make McCain look like an old fool

That is complete bullshit since the neocons dont come to anything close to 50% of the GOP and they are about the only ones that have any problems with Sarah.

You libtards just prefer to make shit up rather than search, read and think about anything for more than two minutes.

Sarah pulls about 20% of the electorate. No more...no less.

She smelled the political winds and knew she didn't have a chance at the nomination. Palin will never hold political office again. Her half term as Alaska governor is it

As opposed to whom? Nobody else was going to beat Obama.

That may or may not be true. Its just speculation................

However McCain lost many supporters just because he sided with democrats many many times.

Isnt compromise wonderful. We only pay a half trillion in interest every year from here on out......

If I was ever disappointed in a politician, it was McCain.
You voted for him! :lol:

Forum List

Back