Do Republicans believe a Muslim should be allowed to serve in public office if elected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread proves that the far left is more dangerous than ISIS and that both have the same mindset.

This thread proves that the far left is more dangerous than ISIS and that both have the same mindset.
No, it doesn't. The existential threat to the country is that conservatives keep making assertions like yours in the total absence of any factual data to back them up.

No, it doesn't. The existential threat to the country is that conservatives keep making assertions like yours in the total absence of any factual data to back them up.

See a far left drone blazes in and proves my comments correct!

See a far left drone blazes in and proves my comments correct!
"See a far left drone blazes in and proves my comments correct!" Just the opposite is true.
https://www.globalresearch.ca/non-m...0-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Of course....but conservatives are a lot worse , it's everywhere in the world the right is the least tolerant to other cultures and religions. That's why most minorities vote for the left although those very same minorities are in general conservative.
the far left is just as intolerant to other cultures and religions as the far right is...
Baseless Bovine Excrement.
the far left and right?....you bet they are....
You want to see what intolerance looks like??......

Gordon Klingenschmitt: Christians Must Run For Office So The Church Can ‘Take Over The Government’ | Right Wing Watch

In 2014, Religious Right activist Gordon Klingenschmitt was elected to a seat in the Colorado House of Representatives, despite his long history of extremist views and outrageous statements. Even though his term in office was repeatedly marked by controversy, Klingenschmitt decided to run for a seat in the state senate in 2016, only to lose the Republican primary, bringing his short political career to an end.

Despite his rather ignominious record, Klingenschmitt has now written a book entitled “How To Liberate The World in 30 Days: A Step-by-Step Guide to Take Back Your Country,” which he claims will teach conservative Christian how to get more involved in politics in order to save America.

So, your poster boy for Christian intolerance is a guy who managed to hold a seat in a State House for one term.

That's the worst/best example you can come up with?

That does not sound like a strong political force.
That's the worst/best example YOU can come up with? How the fuck does his having served one term mitigate his blatant and opprobrious bigotry. And, you might recall, that I documented the fact that there are many others like him, in and out of government. You might be familiar with Rick Perry, Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann to name just a few.

the far left is just as intolerant to other cultures and religions as the far right is...

Gordon Klingenschmitt: Christians Must Run For Office So The Church Can ‘Take Over The Government’ | Right Wing Watch

In 2014, Religious Right activist Gordon Klingenschmitt was elected to a seat in the Colorado House of Representatives, despite his long history of extremist views and outrageous statements. Even though his term in office was repeatedly marked by controversy, Klingenschmitt decided to run for a seat in the state senate in 2016, only to lose the Republican primary, bringing his short political career to an end.

Despite his rather ignominious record, Klingenschmitt has now written a book entitled “How To Liberate The World in 30 Days: A Step-by-Step Guide to Take Back Your Country,” which he claims will teach conservative Christian how to get more involved in politics in order to save America.

So, your poster boy for Christian intolerance is a guy who managed to hold a seat in a State House for one term.

That's the worst/best example YOU can come up with? How the fuck does his having served one term mitigate his blatant and opprobrious bigotry. And, you might recall, that I documented the fact that there are many others like him, in and out of government. You might be familiar with Rick Perry, Rick Santorum and Michelle Bachmann to name just a few.

The one term mitigated your implication that he was a representative of a strong and dangerous political movement.

The one term mitigated your implication that he was a representative of a strong and dangerous political movement.
The point -which I have proven -is that they are more of a threat to the endurance of secular government the Islam. If you are to blind to see that, or too dishonest to admit it, it's not my problem.

If a Muslim is elected to public office, do Republicans feel they should be allowed to server or should they be banned?

Yes. They need to be held accountable like Christian candidates. Namely, they would need to be asked their stand on gay marriage and women's rights, for example. I personally am a conservative and would assess a Muslim candidate the same way I assess a Christian candidate.

The point -which I have proven -is that they are more of a threat to the endurance of secular government the Islam. If you are to blind to see that, or too dishonest to admit it, it's not my problem.

THe fact that the man you put forth as an example of what a threat they are, held his office for ONE term and that was out of government.

That does not prove that that movement is a threat. If anything it makes it look very weak.

TO discuss the threat of islam, we should look at nations that have allowed high levels of muslim immigration for a long time, to see what future issues we could have.

Well, a Muslim actually runs London, Desreli must be laughing in his grave.
------------------------------------------------------- MAKES me laugh, i think its funny !! Of course , we had 'mrobama' so i don't laugh to hard Mary .

THe fact that the man you put forth as an example of what a threat they are, held his office for ONE term and that was out of government.

That does not prove that that movement is a threat. If anything it makes it look very weak.

TO discuss the threat of islam, we should look at nations that have allowed high levels of muslim immigration for a long time, to see what future issues we could have.
You are just trying to squirm out of admitting the reality of what I'm saying. Apparently you missed this: Christian Dominionism-The Real Threat to Our Secular Government

As far a looking at other countries, name one that has a tradition of secular government and an establish democracy where the Muslim population has been a threat to - or has undermined-their system of government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back