Do you agree that pre-born humans are NOT entitled to any rights or even the right to live?

I don't consider the unborn a person. So no.

So one second before birth the fetus is not a person?
Not in my opinion.
Being a person implies many forms of independence which the unborn do not have.

The just born are 100% dependent so it must be OK to kill them right?
Lol I'm going by science. Not by you guys emotions.
I meant things like breathing.
Even the bible states adam wasnt a man until he took his first breath ;)

So what level of independence is needed for you to define a person?

And during the later periods of gestation the fetus, baby, whatever breathes amniotic fluid

Once again the world is not black and white and the Bible is not a scientific reference book.

At what point does the fetus become a baby?

There are other distinct stages of development from when the sperm and egg form a zygote so why not a distinction as to when a fetus become a baby?

IMO viability outside the womb becomes a factor and our current level of techno;ogy should be considered in that determination.

There is a vast difference between the developmental stages of very early pregnancy and later pregnancy so to say that there is no difference one minute before birth from 1 minute after the egg is fertilized is ridiculous

Not in my opinion.

And during the later periods of gestation the fetus, baby, whatever breathes amniotic fluid

Once again the world is not black and white and the Bible is not a scientific reference book.

There are other distinct stages of development from when the sperm and egg form a zygote so why not a distinction as to when a fetus become a baby?

IMO viability outside the womb becomes a factor and our current level of techno;ogy should be considered in that determination.

There is a vast difference between the developmental stages of very early pregnancy and later pregnancy so to say that there is no difference one minute before birth from 1 minute after the egg is fertilized is ridiculous

it becomes a life at the moment of conception,,,

Not in my opinion.

A person is simply human being. (Even the dictionary will tell you that.)

It is an undeniable scientific fact that the pre-born baby is a human being, with a unique set of DNA from the start. An individual person who has never existed before and never will again.

So to add on all sorts of extra qualifications to deny the humanity of an innocent person is either ignorant or immoral, take your pick.
I dont think they are a person. They are not an individual.
I bet you had scrambled chicken this morning too huh?
If you define an individual by its distinct genetic make up then technically a zygote is a distinct individual.

But let me use your chicken example

If you crack an egg and see a beak and feathers and not a white and yolk is it your contention that there is no difference between the 2?

Not in my opinion.

I disagree with that. It becomes a potential life. The question is when is that potential realized?

Not in my opinion.

A person is simply human being. (Even the dictionary will tell you that.)

It is an undeniable scientific fact that the pre-born baby is a human being, with a unique set of DNA from the start. An individual person who has never existed before and never will again.

So to add on all sorts of extra qualifications to deny the humanity of an innocent person is either ignorant or immoral, take your pick.

I would say that the DNA of an embryo is a potential unique individual.

But at when point during gestation that does potential become realized ?
They arent an individual.

Genetically a zygote is unique.

So it is an individual in the sense that the genetic make up is unique and will never be recreated again.

But that has never been my stance.

A fertilized egg is a potential unique individual so when is that potential realized?

Not in my opinion.

I disagree with that. It becomes a potential life. The question is when is that potential realized?

at conception,,,

at conception,,,

I disagree.

at conception,,,

I disagree.

medically and scientifically speaking life begins at conception

at conception,,,

I disagree.

While the zygote is genetically unique it is not more than a potential human being.

at conception,,,

I disagree.

While the zygote is genetically unique it is not more than a potential human being.

I never said it was more than a potential life,,,

at the time of conception it begins its life and starts its growth into its full form ,,,unless a catastrophic event happens or someone kills it,,,

A fetus is human life.

It's not a "person", but it's human life.

I'm pro choice, but I'm not going to play games on that.

What percentage of the RW nutbags who claim to be "pro life" don't really give a shit about
fetuses or "pre-born humans" but use this for political value alone?

What percentage of the RW nutbags who claim to be "pro life" don't really give a shit about
fetuses or "pre-born humans" but use this for political value alone?

so you have nothing constructive to say so you decided to show what a moron you,,,

next time may I suggest you remain silent,,,

at conception,,,

Do you oppose birth control that prevents a zygote from attaching to the womb thus denying those unique DNA cells a place to grow?

and if she was raped?
On a second thought about rape,,
she knows when she was raped so its no problem at that time to get the morning after pill,,,problem solved,,,OH and I would hope she also calls the cops,,,
this post right here that you made shows how completely out of touch you are. The fact that you came up with that “after further thought” is just the cherry on top

so do you agree or not??
No of course I don’t agree with that nonsense

can you explain why??
Yes, because rape is a traumatic experience and I would never tell a victim of rape that they will be punished if they don’t immediately take an abortion pill or report to the police. I think it’s fine to promote those things and make them easily available but in no way would I make it a requirement.

Now my question to you... do you have any first hand experience with rape victims?

Not in my opinion.

if it is life at conception the. What’s the difference between the morning after pill, which I’ve heard you promote, and a medical abortion?

On a second thought about rape,,
she knows when she was raped so its no problem at that time to get the morning after pill,,,problem solved,,,OH and I would hope she also calls the cops,,,
this post right here that you made shows how completely out of touch you are. The fact that you came up with that “after further thought” is just the cherry on top

so do you agree or not??

can you explain why??
Yes, because rape is a traumatic experience and I would never tell a victim of rape that they will be punished if they don’t immediately take an abortion pill or report to the police. I think it’s fine to promote those things and make them easily available but in no way would I make it a requirement.

Now my question to you... do you have any first hand experience with rape victims?

when did I say it was a requirement???

its the logical thing to do,,,just like calling the cops and having the person arrested that committed the crime,,,

yes I have been raped,,,

Not in my opinion.

if it is life at conception the. What’s the difference between the morning after pill, which I’ve heard you promote, and a medical abortion?

go educate yourself and get back to me,,,

at conception,,,

Do you oppose birth control that prevents a zygote from attaching to the womb thus denying those unique DNA cells a place to grow?

yes

so do you agree or not??

can you explain why??

when did I say it was a requirement???

its the logical thing to do,,,just like calling the cops and having the person arrested that committed the crime,,,

yes I have been raped,,,
Ok, it’s not a requirement but it’s the logical thing to do. So what does that even mean?

I’m sorry to hear that you were raped... did you go right to the police?

Forum List

Back