🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does Anybody Even Care About The American Flag Anymore?

> Blues Man said:
>Flags are just pieces of cloth.
And you are just somebody made out of bone and flesh.

Right on. The ashes of the heroes who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms are just phosphate, calcium, sulfate, potassium...

When the National Anthem plays, or the Pledge of Allegiance is recited, it's a time for all Americans to stand united, despite our differences, in honor of those who gave their lives furthering our shared values of liberty and equality for all..

veterans-day.jpg

> Blues Man said:
>Flags are just pieces of cloth.

Right on. The ashes of the heroes who sacrificed their lives for our freedoms are just phosphate, calcium, sulfate, potassium...

When the National Anthem plays, or the Pledge of Allegiance is recited, it's a time for all Americans to stand united, despite our differences, in honor of those who gave their lives furthering our shared values of liberty and equality for all..

veterans-day.jpg

True, but my point is that sometimes things are more than they appear. It all matters on your point of view and whether or not you're a decent and moral human being or a worthless scumbag like a lot of people in this thread.

I hope Americans will never experience a war on our soil.

This remembers me now to an Afghan woman who had trusted seriosly in the values of the western world so she became a mayor in an Afghan city. Now she is at home and she waits that the Taliban will come and kill her. Perhaps she is dead now. What to do with such an experience? My tears may clean her way. I hope for a wonder.

The weakness we are showing

We are not weak (- this includes Germany and the EU). We are stupid (- this includes the USA).

on the world stage is like a invitation to those countries that hate us

No one has more reason in the world to hate the USA than we Germans. And do we hate you? Not at all! I guess we never had so much fun with a nation than we had together with the USA.

and that we are unwilling to fight back.

Not to fight back needs often a much more strong will than to fight back - and this is also often much more wise.

As a Viet Vet 1968 it disgust me to see the direction our country is going in and the weakness we now show.

Hmmm. Is it really weakness what "we" show? What about to say just simple "we" break the chains which keep us in this country in a similar way as "we" broke the chains which kept you in Vietnam once. For sure not any German is sad about that our soldiers came home. The problem is that the evacuation plans were idiotic.

May God bless the USA because our Politicians don't seem to care.

True, but my point is that sometimes things are more than they appear. It all matters on your point of view and whether or not you're a decent and moral human being or a worthless scumbag like a lot of people in this thread.
Yeah, that's why I said right on. It was my point as well.

People who say that the flag is just a piece of cloth think they are being witty, but in actuality are being very simple minded. It takes higher thought of intelligent creatures to understand the complex symbolism and messages we communicate when we display a flag. Only lower-IQ creatures like goats think a flag is just a piece of cloth.

The flag is just a piece of cloth.
The Bible is just a book.
An oath is just words.

Nope.

Regards,
Jim

I just went to a parade this morning and I was one of the few people who stood and clapped for our American flag and the veterans who were carrying it. I don't care what your political beliefs are, you have to be pretty fucking disgusting not to respect our flag or those in uniform.
Did you stand up and clap as the republican scum invaded our capital with our flag flying?

Then you should really move to China or Russia until you learn to be thankful for what those who have fought for you in those wars went through so that you can have the freedoms that you have.

I think you mean that you have try and respect it right? Not disrespect it.

In China or Russia, if you disrespect the flags they beat you and put you in prison.

Shame these worthless progressive slaves dont live there.....If you know what i mean.

I just went to a parade this morning and I was one of the few people who stood and clapped for our American flag and the veterans who were carrying it. I don't care what your political beliefs are, you have to be pretty fucking disgusting not to respect our flag or those in uniform.

Mark Twain: I support my country all the time and my government when it deserves it

I agree with you about the flag, that is about our country, not the government

Yeah, that's why I said right on. It was my point as well.

People who say that the flag is just a piece of cloth think they are being witty, but in actuality are being very simple minded. It takes higher thought of intelligent creatures to understand the complex symbolism and messages we communicate when we display a flag. Only lower-IQ creatures like goats think a flag is just a piece of cloth.

The flag is just a piece of cloth.
The Bible is just a book.
An oath is just words.

Nope.

Regards,
Jim
Lets be honest, conservatives / “Trumpers” own the American flag now as Liberals have shit all over it...It’s owned by those who intend to preserve and protect American culture, history, traditions and value systems. In other words, Libs hate the flag and all that it stands for.
When you see someone running a flag these days you can bet your ass they are a conservative and or a “Trumper”....Sad but true.
367571FB-4237-4611-88FF-CA3B2BDF2B19.jpeg

Last edited:
why the fuck do i have to help out my neighbor, they didnt help me out. As a libertarian/conservative, your actions have consequences, you fuck up, it isnt up to me to take care of you, get off your lazy ass, get a job and make something of yourself. Americans used to do that all the time, until cripple FDR put a chicken in every pot while stealing the citizens property that they had a right to own.
And this is why this country has the problem it does right now.

In my old age I've seen my share of Flag draped coffins. I even helped carry a few. There are ways to show displeasure in the seemingly endless military adventures that politicians get us into but disrespecting the Flag means disrespecting all those heroes going back to George Washington who gave their lives to preserve the freedom and tradition of the greatest Country in the world.

Then you should really move to China or Russia until you learn to be thankful for what those who have fought for you in those wars went through so that you can have the freedoms that you have.

I think you mean that you have try and respect it right? Not disrespect it.

Yes I am. So are you.

why the fuck do i have to help out my neighbor, they didnt help me out. As a libertarian/conservative, your actions have consequences, you fuck up, it isnt up to me to take care of you, get off your lazy ass, get a job and make something of yourself. Americans used to do that all the time, until cripple FDR put a chicken in every pot while stealing the citizens property that they had a right to own.
Yeah FUCK everyone else but wave the flag with pride.

I think the way we respect Veterans is by not getting involved in Forever Wars with no end.

Forum List

Back