End of the Trump/Russia investigation

If there really is no evidence in the Russia/Trump situation, like many Trumpsters are claiming, then this case should be over by weeks end. Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
/---- don't count on it cupcake it will drag on for years with the same results ZERO

The Trump campaign coordinated with hackers(i.e. criminals) to embarrass their political opponents, and one of the officers bragged about it on Twitter.

Maybe it was an anonymous source, there seems to be a butt load of them flying around. And it took six weeks to drop, so it couldn't have been very close coordination.

So, this 60 y/o millionaire with the President’s ear just happens to tweet that he knows Podesta is going to be hacked out of the blue based on an anonymous source….

no

It works for the NYT and WAPO and you regressive just lap it up. I guess in your hypocrisy anonymous sources are only credible if you like the story.
Not sure what you’re talking about but that isn’t anything new.

But just so you know, there is nothing illegal about having knowledge about someone having private documents, or their potential for releasing them. A crime would only occur if the person with that knowledge aided in obtaining the documents.

So that is what we want, an administration that uses criminals to hack their political opponents as long as they don’t provide them with passwords or usernames…it’s okay?

Does something have to be illegal to be wrong? Those guys who protest servicemen/servicewomen’s funerals….they break no laws. Are you willing to condone it?

You might want to think about what you just said. Are you saying Trump or one of his associated asked the Russians in the Apr to Jun time frame in 2015 to hack the DNC and Podesta? How would they know Podesta would fall for a phishing scam because his IT guy mistyped a word? Better yet, how could they know they would beat 16 polished politicians? Can you imagine the stars that would have to align to make that happen?

Isn't it more plausible that Trump just happened to be the beneficiary of planned Russian meddling, as anyone, who ran against the bitch, would. I hear Putin didn't like her much.

BTW, you might want to watch the video at this link:

Democrat Alan Dershowitz: I Don’t See Any Evidence of Collusion – Even if There Was That’s Not a Crime (VIDEO)

Well, it was 2016.
Yes. I think Trump and Stone orchestrated it.

I do think it’s possible that the “just happened to” theory may be in play IF:

His campaign manager didn’t have to resign over Russia
His NSA nominee didn’t have to resign over Russia
His AG didn’t have to correct his fraudulent testimony that omitted Russia
HIs top (or near the top) consultant didn’t have admitted ties to hackers who are from…Russia

Let me guess; none of that happened and it’s all fake news, right?

The Trump campaign coordinated with hackers(i.e. criminals) to embarrass their political opponents, and one of the officers bragged about it on Twitter.

Maybe it was an anonymous source, there seems to be a butt load of them flying around. And it took six weeks to drop, so it couldn't have been very close coordination.

So, this 60 y/o millionaire with the President’s ear just happens to tweet that he knows Podesta is going to be hacked out of the blue based on an anonymous source….

no

It works for the NYT and WAPO and you regressive just lap it up. I guess in your hypocrisy anonymous sources are only credible if you like the story.

But just so you know, there is nothing illegal about having knowledge about someone having private documents, or their potential for releasing them. A crime would only occur if the person with that knowledge aided in obtaining the documents.

So that is what we want, an administration that uses criminals to hack their political opponents as long as they don’t provide them with passwords or usernames…it’s okay?

Does something have to be illegal to be wrong? Those guys who protest servicemen/servicewomen’s funerals….they break no laws. Are you willing to condone it?
hack was done by Rich Seth. we already know this. he was a democrat. so you be looking at the wrong party bubba.

“It was Probably Russia” —Donald J. Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/donald-trump-press-conference.html?_r=0

You’re disagreeing with your messiah.

If there really is no evidence in the Russia/Trump situation, like many Trumpsters are claiming, then this case should be over by weeks end. Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
/---- don't count on it cupcake it will drag on for years with the same results ZERO
Why do you think that? Is mueller corrupt too?

no

You might want to think about what you just said. Are you saying Trump or one of his associated asked the Russians in the Apr to Jun time frame in 2015 to hack the DNC and Podesta? How would they know Podesta would fall for a phishing scam because his IT guy mistyped a word? Better yet, how could they know they would beat 16 polished politicians? Can you imagine the stars that would have to align to make that happen?

Isn't it more plausible that Trump just happened to be the beneficiary of planned Russian meddling, as anyone, who ran against the bitch, would. I hear Putin didn't like her much.

Democrat Alan Dershowitz: I Don’t See Any Evidence of Collusion – Even if There Was That’s Not a Crime (VIDEO)

Well, it was 2016.

HIs top (or near the top) consultant didn’t have admitted ties to hackers who are from…Russia

Actually the DNC server was hacked in Apr to Jun 2015, the hackers had been in their server a year before they got them out. And you think Podesta and his IT guys mistakes were totally predictable? REALLY? Podesta asked the IT guy if the phishing email was legitimate, and the IT guy responded it was legitimate instead of illegitimate. It had to be karma, no one is good enough to predict that.

no

Well, it was 2016.

Actually the DNC server was hacked in Apr to Jun 2015, the hackers had been in their server a year before they got them out. And you think Podesta and his IT guys mistakes were totally predictable? REALLY? Podesta asked the IT guy if the phishing email was legitimate, and the IT guy responded it was legitimate instead of illegitimate. It had to be karma, no one is good enough to predict that.

Sure.

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

In March, Podesta received a phishing email that warned him of someone trying to access his account. It instructed him to reset his password by following a hyperlink to a page hosted on myaccount.google.com-securitysettingpage.tk/security. While it might appear that he was visiting google.com, he (or a staffer who managed his email) went to com-securitysettingpage.tk.

Before doing so, however, a Clinton staffer checked to see if the email was legitimate; basic security stuff. She got a response back from another staffer, Charles Delavan, who wrote “This is a legitimate email. John needs to change his password immediately, and ensure that two-factor authentication is turned on his account.” He also explicitly directed them to a site on google.com.

The only problem is that Delavan meant to call the email “illegitimate.” From a new report in the New York Times:

IT Staffer: John Podesta Was Hacked Because of My Typo

You just can't make this shit up. LOL Karma can be a bitch.

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

In March, Podesta received a phishing email that warned him of someone trying to access his account. It instructed him to reset his password by following a hyperlink to a page hosted on myaccount.google.com-securitysettingpage.tk/security. While it might appear that he was visiting google.com, he (or a staffer who managed his email) went to com-securitysettingpage.tk.

Before doing so, however, a Clinton staffer checked to see if the email was legitimate; basic security stuff. She got a response back from another staffer, Charles Delavan, who wrote “This is a legitimate email. John needs to change his password immediately, and ensure that two-factor authentication is turned on his account.” He also explicitly directed them to a site on google.com.

The only problem is that Delavan meant to call the email “illegitimate.” From a new report in the New York Times:

You just can't make this shit up. LOL

ok

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

ok

Don't ya just love it when a good conspiracy theory falls apart. LMAO BTW did ya notice that happened in Mar 2016, long before Trump clinched the nomination.

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

ok

Don't ya just love it when a good conspiracy theory falls apart. LMAO BTW did ya notice that happened in Mar 2016, long before Trump clinched the nomination.

Not sure what you're talking about. I am enjoying your fictional accounts though.

Sure.

Yep.

ok

Not sure what you're talking about. I am enjoying your fictional accounts though.

The Podesta phishing, happened in Mar 2016 and you have yet to demonstrate anything I've posted is fictional. BTW you might learn something by watching this video.

It should have concluded already. According to some this has been going on for almost a year, continuing to drag people through the mud while nothing gets accomplished benefits who exactly? This is why I am not surprised that Trump put forward the official application to renegotiate NAFTA, it has to now start negotiations by Aug 31st at the latest as he isn't going to slow down but rather speed up.

Bottom line, he is going to go harder and faster now to deny some who might want to delay his agenda, the agenda the American people elected him to go forward with. Their hope is they can alter the makeup of government in the mid-terms and shut down his democratically elected mandate.
You dodged the question... Is this investigation going to end? If not are you going to
A. accuse Mueller of being biased or
B. Admit that there is substantial evidence that they are investigating
This is a false dichotomy.

You are assuming that if there is no evidence that there was collusion then the investigation will end shortly. That is just a silly stance to take in general - there is nothing that the government does that ends quickly. Simply allocating the resources, hiring the personnel, getting them into their positions and getting the work space for them to operate in will take far more than the few weeks you are allowing here. Then, after the lengthy time it takes to get the resources in place and the paperwork from the FBI on the steps that have already been taken they have to actually INVESTIGATE. That means more than simply looking at collected evidence and seeing if it is prosecutable or not - if it were that simple the special prosecutor would not have been necessary. It means that they have to look for more evidence as well.

Even with a complete lack of anything at all it would still take over a year to complete the investigation which is going to require testimonies from various people and the collection of more information.
You just said it, the time and effort spent in the set up and investigation all revolves around reviewing, analyzing, and finding EVIDENCE. I'm not saying it is damning evidence or that it proves Trump associates are guilty, but there has to be something there for the FBI to undertake the effort.
Yes there does. It has nothing to do with the assertion in your OP that the investigation by the SP would end in mere weeks if there was nothing.

It there literally was nothing at all it would STILL take over a year to conclude the investigation.

Righty loons seem to think that Comey was corrupt and started the investigation for the hell of it on no evidence. They are ridiculous, which is part of the point behind my OP.
And yet just a few posts up you said we can ignore the loons.

"Yes partisans will always yell, but we can block out that noise."

What is it? Either way, stating that there certainly is some smoke there because the FBI continued the investigation does not have anything whatsoever to do with your claim in the OP. Again, the claim is that the investigation would end in a few weeks with the SP if there is no evidence of collusion. That is false as I have already stated.
Am I not allowed to speak to the loons every once in a while? I don't see whats wrong with that as long as we don't let their crazy narratives dominate the conversation.

And simply stated, if there was no evidence at all then there wouldn't be an investigation, especially one to this scale with as many resources dedicated to it as there is.
That is a separate point than the one you raised in the OP.

There certainly is something there. As far as 'evidence' we do not know. The FBI believes that it is worth investigating and that tells us that there is reasonable suspicion. I think that what we know publically is enough to deduce that an investigation is not only warranted but absolutely necessary.

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

/--- My question is at that position in Gubmint, shouldn't both Podesta and the IT guy know you always go to Google.com to change your password rather than a link in an email?

Yep.

ok

The Podesta phishing, happened in Mar 2016 and you have yet to demonstrate anything I've posted is fictional. BTW you might learn something by watching this video.

That Mr. Dershowitz thinks firing the head of the FBI because he wouldn't drop an investigation is not going to hurt the President politically is (hopefully) fictional. No adult should be this politically ignorant.

/---- The investigations take years. Here is some examples The Office - A Brief History Of The Independent Counsel Law | Secrets Of An Independent Counsel | FRONTLINE | PBS
And no I don't think Mueller is corrupt. Why would you draw that conclusion?

Yep.

ok

That Mr. Dershowitz thinks firing the head of the FBI because he wouldn't drop an investigation is not going to hurt the President politically is (hopefully) fictional. No adult should be this politically ignorant.
/---- Another straw man argument. Now prove that is why Trump fired Comey.
straws.jpg

/---- The investigations take years. Here is some examples The Office - A Brief History Of The Independent Counsel Law | Secrets Of An Independent Counsel | FRONTLINE | PBS
And no I don't think Mueller is corrupt. Why would you draw that conclusion?
I'd think that only a corrupt person would spend months/years investigating something that there is zero evidence for. Especially, given the hostile atmosphere that is revolving around this situation

Well, it was 2016.

Sure.

Yep.

/--- My question is at that position in Gubmint, shouldn't both Podesta and the IT guy know you always go to Google.com to change your password rather than a link in an email?

Podesta, maybe not, the IT guy, who's responsible for security, absolutely.

Yep.

ok

He never said that, why are you intentionally twisting what he said? You're either a hack or a troll, either way we're done on this one.

Forum List

Back