End of the Trump/Russia investigation

under oath comey already said there wasnt anything
Good, you shouldn't have anything to worry about then... except for the fact that the DOJ just assigned a special prosecutor to investigate criminal activity. There is that little wrinkle.
No, he is authorized to investigate criminal activity if he finds any but his primary mandate is to find out if there was ever a legitimate basis for this investigation in the first place.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/05/17/special.counsel.pdf

So far, as we all know, the FBI has been unable to provide any evidence that would justify the investigation even in closed testimony to Congress.
What are you reading man?? Where does it say that he is investigating whether there was a legitimate basis for the investigation?? You just made that up. It does say that he is to investigate links/coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Up till now its been an intelligence gathering investigation with congress. A special prosecutor is used to investigate criminal charges. The means the investigation was elevated. If there was zero evidence, the investigation would not get elevated.
We both know that the FBI was unable to find any evidence of collusion in a year long investigation, so it is bizarre to claim Mueller will be investigating criminal charges concerning the Trump campaign, but the second item, "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation", that may lead to criminal prosecutions, namely any unlawful efforts by the Obama administration to pressure the FBI or CIA to launch this investigation that clearly has not been able to produce a single piece of evidence in over a year.
keep holding on to that... How foolish do you need to be to seriously believe that the FBI would keep an investigation going on for a year with absolutely no evidence of anything.
thank you. It's what we've been saying. I see you've come around to our side.

And if they did that cover up would be the first words out of the mouths of the Trump haters. Things like these shouldn't take as long as they do but because of the partisan horseshit both sides engage in they have to in order to avoid the appearance of any type of coverup or sloppy investigation.
Mueller's reputation speaks for itself and both sides have publicly supported his judgement. Are you claiming that if this investigation lasts for a long time then he is just stalling to avoid political fallout from wingnuts on the Left?

Mueller's reputation speaks for itself and both sides have publicly supported his judgement

WikiLeaks cable Robert Mueller delivering highly enriched stolen Uranium to Russia in 2009

--LOL
So now Mueller is compromised? you already covering your ass?

im happy he did it

just a heads up to you leftards when he doesnt

do as you want

--LOL
so Maxine Waters doesn't want to wait. she just wants to impeach him on nothing cause she thinks she's important. Funny shit. go for it maxine, what the fk are you waiting for? Pull that fking trigger girl!!!! Let's watch you bury your career.

If there really is no evidence in the Russia/Trump situation, like many Trumpsters are claiming, then this case should be over by weeks end. Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
It should never have begun since there was never any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, so if Mueller is as able and ethical as some believe, the investigation will end quickly, if the investigation uncovers evidence of malfeasance by the Obama administration to use the DoJ and CIA to begin a bogus investigation to influence the election, Muelller's mandate might well be expanded to investigate that evidence. Keep in mind Rosenstein's purpose in naming a special counsel is to try to restore the credibility of the FBI and DoJ after the Comey debacle, so he is unlikely to pull a comey and ignore evidence for political purposes.
I like the diversion to this Obama/Clinton target, it makes me laugh every time one of you puppets go there. You say it should end quickly. I agree, if there is really no evidence it should end very quickly. If it doesn't then I hope we can all agree that there must be enough evidence to warrant the time being spent.

Sorry pee wee, you don't get to define the narrative of what something may or may not mean.

Just using common sense dude. The FBI has been looking at the Trump/Russia thing for almost a year. Yall think its a hoax and they have been on a witch hunt with no evidence. So now Mueller steps in. If a prolonged investigation into Trump Russia occurs then there is obviously evidence that they are pursuing in search for proof. I don't see how you can deny that.
how do you figure? What if it's colluding by the dems that he finds? uh oh!!! there is the hot mic video of obummmer saying to the russias he'll talk to them after the elections in 2012. uh oh. Hitlery took money from them in her foundation for uranium, uh oh. I see the uh oh's building but on the demlosers side. How about Pedesta and his brother? uh oh.

There never was any collusion but that won't stop the left from obfuscation. They'll carry it out for a few months with endless interviews and it will peter out and dems will continue to tooth gnash.

Okay, can you tell us how Roger Stone (part of the Trump campaign) knew Podesta would be hacked 6 weeks before the hacked material was released? Or are you going to pretend that you never heard of stone of the tweets about Podesta….

According to care4all, he knew a guy who knew a guy. Her guess was Nigle Farage told him about Wikileaks having the material on Postesta. What's your theory?

The Trump campaign coordinated with hackers(i.e. criminals) to embarrass their political opponents, and one of the officers bragged about it on Twitter.

Maybe it was an anonymous source, there seems to be a butt load of them flying around. And it took six weeks to drop, so it couldn't have been very close coordination.

Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
How the hell would we, the general public, know whether, as your question presupposes, "there is nothing?" It's not as though anything about what the FBI's agents have or have not found. Indeed, other than Mike Flynn of whom it's pretty obvious, it's not clear who is and who is not a subject, or even person of interest, of the investigation.
Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
Not necessarily. Any absence of evidence at the moment -- and seeing as the investigation has gone on since at least last July, it's not likely there is no evidence of malfeasant behavior -- does not necessarily mean there is none that exists and can be obtained.

If he's a keen analytical thinker, and by all reckoning to date, he is, he'll identify the current status the investigation, along with examining the approaches used to perform it, to find out if there are "stones left unturned, so to speak, and the reasons why they be so. Depending on what he finds regarding the current state of the investigation and its execution, he will either close it and then compose and deliver a final report if there is indeed nothing more that can and should be done to gather information about "whatever" pertaining to the "Russia-gate" matter, or he'll lead,.manage and guide its continuation.

There never was any collusion but that won't stop the left from obfuscation. They'll carry it out for a few months with endless interviews and it will peter out and dems will continue to tooth gnash.

Okay, can you tell us how Roger Stone (part of the Trump campaign) knew Podesta would be hacked 6 weeks before the hacked material was released? Or are you going to pretend that you never heard of stone of the tweets about Podesta….

According to care4all, he knew a guy who knew a guy. Her guess was Nigle Farage told him about Wikileaks having the material on Postesta. What's your theory?

The Trump campaign coordinated with hackers(i.e. criminals) to embarrass their political opponents, and one of the officers bragged about it on Twitter.

Coordinated with hackers.....to embarrass oponents. Surely, you have something better than that. There is no proof that ever happened. Just more wild speculation.

If there really is no evidence in the Russia/Trump situation, like many Trumpsters are claiming, then this case should be over by weeks end. Wouldn't Mueller see that there is nothing and simply close the case?
It should never have begun since there was never any evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, so if Mueller is as able and ethical as some believe, the investigation will end quickly, if the investigation uncovers evidence of malfeasance by the Obama administration to use the DoJ and CIA to begin a bogus investigation to influence the election, Muelller's mandate might well be expanded to investigate that evidence. Keep in mind Rosenstein's purpose in naming a special counsel is to try to restore the credibility of the FBI and DoJ after the Comey debacle, so he is unlikely to pull a comey and ignore evidence for political purposes.
I like the diversion to this Obama/Clinton target, it makes me laugh every time one of you puppets go there. You say it should end quickly. I agree, if there is really no evidence it should end very quickly. If it doesn't then I hope we can all agree that there must be enough evidence to warrant the time being spent.

Sorry pee wee, you don't get to define the narrative of what something may or may not mean.

Just using common sense dude. The FBI has been looking at the Trump/Russia thing for almost a year. Yall think its a hoax and they have been on a witch hunt with no evidence. So now Mueller steps in. If a prolonged investigation into Trump Russia occurs then there is obviously evidence that they are pursuing in search for proof. I don't see how you can deny that.
how do you figure? What if it's colluding by the dems that he finds? uh oh!!! there is the hot mic video of obummmer saying to the russias he'll talk to them after the elections in 2012. uh oh. Hitlery took money from them in her foundation for uranium, uh oh. I see the uh oh's building but on the demlosers side. How about Pedesta and his brother? uh oh.
All shiney objects. Whoa, you're half way there...

Maybe it was an anonymous source, there seems to be a butt load of them flying around. And it took six weeks to drop, so it couldn't have been very close coordination.

well we know it isn't organized at all, cause we're in month eleven and still got air as evidence. How is that even fking possible if the FBI was soooooo talented?

All shiney objects. Whoa, you're half way there...
you should avoid them for sure.

Because there is evidence of The Dem Party's Corrupt Ties to Russia, and the only crimes committed during The Election were committed by The Obama Administration, His Cronies and The DNC. They should have dropped their charade once Clapper Obama's head of National Intelligence stated there was No Evidence of Collusion between Russia and The Trump Team, but like Dems always do, they doubled down on stupid, and doubled down on a false narrative which is all they had to gain power back in 2018. Now their ship has been sunk on that.

The Investigation will continue, but will go somewhere The Dems never wanted it to go. How fitting, and deserved it will be.

Trump will again be exonerated again, but this will open a whole can of whoop ass on the Dems. This is why they sat down and STFU after they cried wolf, and had their bluff called. Now they are all hunkered down hoping the storm will pass them over.

Because there is evidence of The Dem Party's Corrupt Ties to Russia, and the only crimes committed during The Election were committed by The Obama Administration, His Cronies and The DNC. They should have dropped their charade once Clapper Obama's head of National Intelligence stated there was No Evidence of Collusion between Russia and The Trump Team, but like Dems always do, they doubled down on stupid, and doubled down on a false narrative which is all they had to gain power back in 2018. Now their ship has been sunk on that.

Trump will again be exonerated again, but this will open a whole can of whoop ass on the Dems. This is why they sat down and STFU after they cried wolf, and had their bluff called. Now they are all hunkered down hoping the storm will pass them over.
they need to wipe goat's blood on their thresholds.

under oath comey already said there wasnt anything
Good, you shouldn't have anything to worry about then... except for the fact that the DOJ just assigned a special prosecutor to investigate criminal activity. There is that little wrinkle.
No, he is authorized to investigate criminal activity if he finds any but his primary mandate is to find out if there was ever a legitimate basis for this investigation in the first place.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/05/17/special.counsel.pdf

So far, as we all know, the FBI has been unable to provide any evidence that would justify the investigation even in closed testimony to Congress.
What are you reading man?? Where does it say that he is investigating whether there was a legitimate basis for the investigation?? You just made that up. It does say that he is to investigate links/coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Up till now its been an intelligence gathering investigation with congress. A special prosecutor is used to investigate criminal charges. The means the investigation was elevated. If there was zero evidence, the investigation would not get elevated.
We both know that the FBI was unable to find any evidence of collusion in a year long investigation, so it is bizarre to claim Mueller will be investigating criminal charges concerning the Trump campaign, but the second item, "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation", that may lead to criminal prosecutions, namely any unlawful efforts by the Obama administration to pressure the FBI or CIA to launch this investigation that clearly has not been able to produce a single piece of evidence in over a year.
keep holding on to that... How foolish do you need to be to seriously believe that the FBI would keep an investigation going on for a year with absolutely no evidence of anything.
We both know that according to Feinstein, Manchin and Waters that's exactly what happened, so how foolish do you have to be to look at the facts and cling to a hopeless fantasy that what you know is true is really false?

And if they did that cover up would be the first words out of the mouths of the Trump haters. Things like these shouldn't take as long as they do but because of the partisan horseshit both sides engage in they have to in order to avoid the appearance of any type of coverup or sloppy investigation.
Mueller's reputation speaks for itself and both sides have publicly supported his judgement. Are you claiming that if this investigation lasts for a long time then he is just stalling to avoid political fallout from wingnuts on the Left?

Mueller's reputation speaks for itself and both sides have publicly supported his judgement

WikiLeaks cable Robert Mueller delivering highly enriched stolen Uranium to Russia in 2009

--LOL
So now Mueller is compromised? you already covering your ass?

im happy he did it

just a heads up to you leftards when he doesnt

do as you want

--LOL
so Maxine Waters doesn't want to wait. she just wants to impeach him on nothing cause she thinks she's important. Funny shit. go for it maxine, what the fk are you waiting for? Pull that fking trigger girl!!!! Let's watch you bury your career.

at least 30 states would disagree with her whacky ideas

After this is over, and Trump is cleared, the Dems will just come up with yet another false charge to be investigated. It'll end when the American people vote them out of office next year. Until then, we can expect an endless barrage of attacks on Trump in an unprecedented effort to obstruct progress.
You didn't address the OP. Is this investigation ending in the near future because an objective leader who is now in charge can see that there is no evidence of substance and he can close the book? Or are you going to accuse Mueller of being in the tank?
What do you mean, I didn't address it? You may not like my answer but I addressed your question.

After this is over, and Trump is cleared, the Dems will just come up with yet another false charge to be investigated. It'll end when the American people vote them out of office next year. Until then, we can expect an endless barrage of attacks on Trump in an unprecedented effort to obstruct progress.
You didn't address the OP. Is this investigation ending in the near future because an objective leader who is now in charge can see that there is no evidence of substance and he can close the book? Or are you going to accuse Mueller of being in the tank?
What do you mean, I didn't address it? You may not like my answer but I addressed your question.
The OP was in regards to how Muellers investigation goes. If there is really no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion it should end very quickly. If it carries on then there must be substance that they are investigating. That was what the OP was about. You didn't address it

The OP was in regards to how Muellers investigation goes. If there is really no evidence of Trump/Russia collusion it should end very quickly. If it carries on then there must be substance that they are investigating. That was what the OP was about. You didn't address it
is it illegal if there was?

Yes, I did. I don't know how many different ways I can say it, but it doesn't matter what Mueller concludes because the left will only accept what they want to hear. If Mueller clears Trump, they'll continue to accuse him and say Mueller is in the tank for the president. The media will happily accommodate their propaganda too, they are the left's main ally in their quest to stop Trump. I guess my answer is... No, it won't end.

Last edited:

Coordinated with hackers.....to embarrass oponents. Surely, you have something better than that. There is no proof that ever happened. Just more wild speculation.

Again, how did Stone know six weeks before the release of Podesta’s material that Podesta was going to be hacked?

So, this 60 y/o millionaire with the President’s ear just happens to tweet that he knows Podesta is going to be hacked out of the blue based on an anonymous source….

no

It should have concluded already. According to some this has been going on for almost a year, continuing to drag people through the mud while nothing gets accomplished benefits who exactly? This is why I am not surprised that Trump put forward the official application to renegotiate NAFTA, it has to now start negotiations by Aug 31st at the latest as he isn't going to slow down but rather speed up.

Bottom line, he is going to go harder and faster now to deny some who might want to delay his agenda, the agenda the American people elected him to go forward with. Their hope is they can alter the makeup of government in the mid-terms and shut down his democratically elected mandate.
You dodged the question... Is this investigation going to end? If not are you going to
A. accuse Mueller of being biased or
B. Admit that there is substantial evidence that they are investigating
This is a false dichotomy.

You are assuming that if there is no evidence that there was collusion then the investigation will end shortly. That is just a silly stance to take in general - there is nothing that the government does that ends quickly. Simply allocating the resources, hiring the personnel, getting them into their positions and getting the work space for them to operate in will take far more than the few weeks you are allowing here. Then, after the lengthy time it takes to get the resources in place and the paperwork from the FBI on the steps that have already been taken they have to actually INVESTIGATE. That means more than simply looking at collected evidence and seeing if it is prosecutable or not - if it were that simple the special prosecutor would not have been necessary. It means that they have to look for more evidence as well.

Even with a complete lack of anything at all it would still take over a year to complete the investigation which is going to require testimonies from various people and the collection of more information.

Forum List

Back