CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

No I did not, but I have not reported you for breaking the rules of the CDZ.

I said the IRS scandal was not the same as what this thread is about because what the IRS did was not done legally. What the IRS did was illegally and when they were found out they were made to stop.

For what the IRS did to compare to the topic of this thread, it would no longer be illegal for them to do so.
Spin-o-matic Delux.
It was State sanctioned. Propagated. Endorsed. Implemented. All by the Federal Government.

And report it. If you don’t like being called a liar, don’t lie.

It was State sanctioned. Propagated. Endorsed. Implemented. All by the Federal Government.

It was not State sanctioned, If if were State sanctioned then it would not have been stopped when it was found out. There was no law saying it was legal for them to do it, in fact just the opposite.

In 2012, the Obama administration was embroiled in a controversy over the accusation that they had instructed the IRS to target conservative political groups for special review of their tax exempt status. When the accusation became public, the Obama administration went into damage control mode, denying that it happened and trying paper over it and "move on" as best they could. Did they do it? Were they guilty of targeting political opponents for state persecution? Maybe. Probably. The point is, they knew it was wrong. Or, at the very least, they knew that voters would think it was wrong - even Democrat voters.

Do we still see it that way?

During the Trump administration, Republicans threatened to repeal section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act in response to social media companies that had been censoring right wing content. Many people, on both sides of the aisle, saw this as political retaliation, that it was Trump "punching back" at the tech companies who spoke out against him, who censored his, and others' posts. But even then, they knew that it was wrong to do so as a means of gaining political advantage, that we shouldn't allow our leaders to target political opponents for persecution. Even Republicans who supported the proposal seemed to recognize this and worked hard to rationalize the attack terms of legal principles. They claimed it was an unfair, special perk, that should have never been passed, that doing so now wasn't persecution against Facebook and Twitter, but a principled change to a flawed law. That they were fighting for freedom of speech, and not just getting revenge on political enemies.

Now we have Desantis and the Florida legislature. They seem ready to throw off the pretense altogether. They've been quite open that they are revoking laws perceived to be benefitting Disney as punishment for opposing a recently passed law. Regardless of the rationale offer for revoking the law, the intent was clear. It was Disney's stated intent to fight the law that prompted the legislative action.

My question is - are we ready to endorse that kind of government? Should we allow government, local, state, federal or whatever, to punish political opposition with legal action? Is it ok for our leaders to "punch back" via the power of the state?

Reminder - this is CDZ. Trolls will be reported.
No we shouldn’t allow it, but it’s too late. It’s been going on for a long time.

No more links from me it’s a waste of time providing them because you ignore them and pretend like you never got any.

So, you make a claim about me and then refuse to back it up.

There is a word for that but since we are in the CDZ I will just move on

The left is pushing a Religion..........Cult..........to teach VERY YOUNG children about sex and gender Cult Garbage. As a RESULT.............The Gov't of Florida Passed a Law to end it.

They were then attacked by the left and CORPORATIONS who said they had no right to do so.............Threatened legal action while taking money from the tax payers and the State via a 57 year old Tax cut program for jobs.

The people of the state via the LAW revoked this right to have to HELP PAY for an issue that is MORALLY WRONG. Most of the other businesses have no such FAVORED TAX POLICY............So they went into emergency session and said you WILL NOT DICTATE OUR POLICY IN SCHOOLS BECAUSE YOU ARE BIG BAD DISNEY.

They PASSED A LAW............that Removed TAX BREAKS........and now Disney had to pay like everyone else......Oh well. The PEOPLE VIA A 2/3RDS vote said NO to Disney getting PREFERRED TREATMENT in this state.

The state is under NO OBLIGATION to maintain the 57 year old easy street policy as they force the state to spend money to fight against Disney in the courts.
Your delusions are endless.

So, you make a claim about me and then refuse to back it up.

There is a word for that but since we are in the CDZ I will just move on
You stated you were fine with fascism behind the scenes. When I pointed out democrats collude with big business against the public. I even asked point blank so…

You stated you were fine with fascism behind the scenes.

I said no such thing, I said that it was not the same as it happening openly and via a signed bill. That is not the same as saying I am ok with it.

The entire point of this thread is that what was once being done behind the scenes is now being done openly and via signed legislation, which some of us think is a bad progression and will just make things worse.

The IRS was not one. The IRS was not a law written just to punish a specific company. The IRS was illegal.

For the IRS scandal to be an example you would need the Dems in Congress to pass a law saying that the IRS was allowed to focus only on Right leaning non profits.

Would you be in here defending that if /when it happens?
So the IRS was even worse. Thanks for playing. I ask Again what law? What does the Bill specifically say that makes it illegal?

So the IRS was even worse. Thanks for playing.

No, it was not worse. Since it was not legal it was able to be stopped. If you look back at my post from when this was found out you will find I was arguing that Lerner and others should have seen jail time. But once a bill is passed to make what they did legal there is no stopping it.

What does the Bill specifically say that makes it illegal?

The bill was passed to punish Disney for exercising its free speech. The sponsor of the bill and the man who signed it all said this out loud. Thus it is in violation of the 1st Amendment.

No, it was not worse. Since it was not legal it was able to be stopped. If you look back at my post from when this was found out you will find I was arguing that Lerner and others should have seen jail time. But once a bill is passed to make what they did legal there is no stopping it.

The bill was passed to punish Disney for exercising its free speech. The sponsor of the bill and the man who signed it all said this out loud. Thus it is in violation of the 1st Amendment.
Not what I asked. Does the Bill state “punish Disney”? I asked What it SPECIFICALLY states. Do you have a link?

I said no such thing, I said that it was not the same as it happening openly and via a signed bill. That is not the same as saying I am ok with it.

The entire point of this thread is that what was once being done behind the scenes is now being done openly and via signed legislation, which some of us think is a bad progression and will just make things worse.
Cant make things worse when it’s already happening. Like I stated before. Democrats are colluding with Disney against parents rights targeting Florida schools. And they have been colluding with them to push woke content for several years ( and they have admitted it openly multiple times).

I don’t feel sorry for a company going political with an Agenda getting slapped down by Florida and losing special privledges they were given as courtesy.

Cant make things worse when it’s already happening.

Of course you can. With the IRS since it was illegal it was able to be stopped. Making it legal would be worse. Do you not agree?

I don’t feel sorry for a company going political with an Agenda getting slapped down by Florida and losing special privledges they were given as courtesy.

I do not either. I could not care less about Disney, just the precedent that the State of Fla is setting. Would you be as happy if a Blue state were to write a bill to punish a specific company for stating it was against gay marriage laws?

Of course you can. With the IRS since it was illegal it was able to be stopped. Making it legal would be worse. Do you not agree?

I do not either. I could not care less about Disney, just the precedent that the State of Fla is setting. Would you be as happy if a Blue state were to write a bill to punish a specific company for stating it was against gay marriage laws?
How many Lobbyists does Disney employ in Fla?

I already gave you a link showing the democrats have done similar against public citizens using help from a far left group the SPLC. And they collude with this group to shut down private citizens means to financial institutions and jobs on the sly as well as via government.

The precedent was already set…by democrats.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back