CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

No idea.

Is Lobbying against the law?

How many did they employ a year ago when nobody cared about their status?
Not what I asked. I am asking for a number. And people always cared. This didn’t come out of nowhere. Fact is Disney tried to stay neutral but the leftists pressured them into their stance against the so called “don’t say gay bill” even though the bill never utters those words and is highly logical. So Disney as pressured by the left finally got into the mud. Now Fla voters are taking away some privileges. That is how I see it. Show me where in the bill it says “punishing Disney for their political views”.

I disagree it’s the next level. Something you have failed to convince me of. Sounds like a you problem. So you have no issues when govt entities give special privileges but get upset when they take them away. Got it!

LOL
if not next level, then it was done before? when has a state passed legislation to punish a company for an open disagreement in policy?

if not next level, then it was done before? when has a state passed legislation to punish a company for an open disagreement in policy?
When has a state passed legislation to reward a company? Frequently. So it can go one way but not the other? I see

Disney — they get everything they want,” said Anna Eskamani, a Democratic state representative from Orlando, who can rattle off a list of measures killed or pushed through with the company’s weight, such as an exemption designed for Disney from a 2021 bill that restricted the ability of social media firms to ban political candidates.

When has a state passed legislation to reward a company? Frequently. So it can go one way but not the other? I see

Disney — they get everything they want,” said Anna Eskamani, a Democratic state representative from Orlando, who can rattle off a list of measures killed or pushed through with the company’s weight, such as an exemption designed for Disney from a 2021 bill that restricted the ability of social media firms to ban political candidates.
I asked to punish a company.

let's stay with that for now. while I do agree maybe the benefits should have ended, the manner in which its done sets precedence.

will this action be good when the left passes legislation to punish vocal right wing groups?

if this is OK for 1 side to do, the other will follow. don't get me wrong, I am NO FAN of Disney, but when does this stop?

I already gave you a link showing the democrats have done similar against public citizens using help from a far left group the SPLC. And they collude with this group to shut down private citizens means to financial institutions and jobs on the sly as well as via government.

The precedent was already set…by democrats.

you gave a link to the Dems trying to use the existing non-profit laws against groups they did not like. What you link did not show was that they were successful, which they were not.

Would you support a law if the Dems passed it that made it legal to take away non-profit status based only upon political affiliation?

I know. Why are you doing gator’s work for him? 38 lobbyists. Obviously Disney more than taps it’s foot into the political landscape. It spends millions on lobbyists to garner favor with the state.

As does 1000 other companies in the state, yet only one is them is being singled out for punishment. But the result will be the silencing of others, which is the goal. They will allow no dissent in their state. And that movement will grow beyond Florida and you all that back this sort of thing will be the reason why

I asked to punish a company.

let's stay with that for now. while I do agree maybe the benefits should have ended, the manner in which its done sets precedence.

will this action be good when the left passes legislation to punish vocal right wing groups?

if this is OK for 1 side to do, the other will follow. don't get me wrong, I am NO FAN of Disney, but when does this stop?
It doesn't. It hasn't. It won't.

As does 1000 other companies in the state, yet only one is them is being singled out for punishment. But the result will be the silencing of others, which is the goal. They will allow no dissent in their state. And that movement will grow beyond Florida and you all that back this sort of thing will be the reason why
"Punishment"....I disagree its punishment. If I have three kids and one has a car and the other two do not and I take the car away is it punishment or is it leveling the playing field. Florida isn't passing a bill to charge or do more to Disney than other companies just the same. Taking away privilege isn't punishment IMO. You disagree. This is where our debate stalls.

Not what I asked. I am asking for a number. And people always cared. This didn’t come out of nowhere. Fact is Disney tried to stay neutral but the leftists pressured them into their stance against the so called “don’t say gay bill” even though the bill never utters those words and is highly logical. So Disney as pressured by the left finally got into the mud. Now Fla voters are taking away some privileges. That is how I see it. Show me where in the bill it says “punishing Disney for their political views”.
the bill doesn't.

removing Disney's right to self govern because of their opposition to the bill is, or was, the topic.

I thought.

the right to drive a car would be restored when "punishment" over.

and you then view removing theses rights as a punishment to Disney?

If I have three kids and one has a car and the other two do not and I take the car away is it punishment or is it leveling the playing field.

Depends on why one has a car and why you are taking it away. If you are taking it away due to their actions you did not like then it is a punishment .

the bill doesn't.

removing Disney's right to self govern because of their opposition to the bill is, or was, the topic.

I thought.

It is the topic. But to agree to the premise is to say Florida is wrong, and to do that means they go against their tribe, and that would never do

the bill doesn't.

I thought.

I view removing these privileges as evening out the playing field for all the other Fla businesses.

Depends on why one has a car and why you are taking it away. If you are taking it away due to their actions you did not like then it is a punishment .
It depends? Why? It is a privilege that I as a parent decided to take away. Florida voters did the same with Disney. The voters decided this. Correct?

As a voter, I am allowed to call my representative and ask for legislation to be passed, am I not? Now legally I fully support Disney fighting this in court and will live with whatever decision the court decides. How is that unfair or going against a tribe? That verbiage is divisive and false. I do not have a tribe. I am my own person. I attack the right frequently here. You just refuse to acknowledge that because you're a dishonest person and a poor debater.

It depends? Why? It is a privilege that I as a parent decided to take away. Florida voters did the same with Disney. The voters decided this. Correct?

The reason why always matters. If you took it away to teach them a lesson then it was a punishment. No, the voters did not decide this, the state legislature did. For the voters to have decided this it would need to have been a referendum on the ballot.

Yet it was done to retaliate.

now it's a fair move for all.

This is the very odd part of all of this. None of them can bring themselves to admit that motivation for the action matters.

Forum List

Back