CDZ Endorsing State Retaliation

And if the majority of the people of Georgia support kicking all the black people out of the state, you are good with that also?

And if the majority of the people of Illinois support not allowing any Christian owned company operate in the state, you are good with that also?

If all that mattered were what the majority of the people supported it would still be illegal for blacks to ride at the front of the bus in many states.
Nope. The people of GA voted for a black Senator. Try again. The majority would NOT be for that. Got any more hyperbole? MLB punished the people of GA for not conforming to their views and pulled the All Star game. But the people of GA may not retaliate? OK.

LOL

You and your hypothetical situations. Got any real ones?

Its not, that is the whole point. The state of Fla has now made it legal for the state to punish dissent. That is why this is so much worse than the IRS thing.

You are far too short sighted, this is about much more than Florida and Disney. This opens a whole new level of Government interference in our lives. The state of Florida has made punishing dissent legal and they will not be the last state to do so, this will not end well for our country.

But hey, at least you do not have to think that gay people are normal. Well, until your state makes it illegal to say that gay people are not normal.
The government is already weaponizing big corporations against the public. Big tech,Big pharma,the entertainment industry,big financial institutions, the MSM.

Disney wants to squash parental rights…then they can reap the whirlwind…just like us peons they try to trample with government backing.

The government is already weaponizing big corporations against the public. Big tech,Big pharma,the entertainment industry,big financial institutions, the MSM.

Disney wants to squash parental rights…then they can reap the whirlwind…just like us peons they try to trample with government backing.
People of Chicago didn’t like defunding the police their mayor did. Sucks for those people. Move. I shrug.

Seems to me a U.S. President presiding over an IRS political 'hit' program is much different than a State wanting to stop the Federal government from homosexual child grooming policies. Maybe it's just me but, I don't see the comparison.

Nope. The people of GA voted for a black Senator. Try again. The majority would NOT be for that. Got any more hyperbole? MLB punished the people of GA for not conforming to their views and pulled the All Star game. But the people of GA may not retaliate? OK.

LOL

You and your hypothetical situations. Got any real ones?

Your fear of answer the questions is noted. Cannot make the tribe mad.

Your fear of answer the questions is noted. Cannot make the tribe mad.
I did Answer you. Your hyperbole is silly. Politicians frequently make rules that are awful. Hence Walgreens is leaving San Fran. Where is the outrage? LOL

Voters vote in the decision makers. They don’t elect themselves. We deserve Biden because he was voted in. Florida deserved DeSantis and his conservative allies. They were voted in. Your whining is really sophomoric and unbecoming.

Voters vote in the decision makers. They don’t elect themselves.

And as long as the voters vote them in there is no limit to their power and what they are allowed to do.

I do not think that is the way it is supposed to be.

They may be recalled. Happened in Cali. How did that go? How is it supposed to be? Do tell.

Being voted into office is not a free pass to violate the constitution.

Think back to the 60s, all of the discrimination laws in place were passed by people voted into office and were in many states approved by the majority. Using your logic none of those laws were wrong and none should have been removed until the majorities of the voters choose to do so.

Being voted into office is not a free pass to violate the constitution.

Think back to the 60s, all of the discrimination laws in place were passed by people voted into office and were in many states approved by the majority. Using your logic none of those laws were wrong and none should have been removed until the majorities of the voters choose to do so.
How is Disney violating the constitution?

Disney is not, the state of Florida is, in my opinion by punishing, Disney for exercising their free speech.
How? Cite where in the constitution they are doing that? And not the 1st amendment. You can’t. You’re not a lawyer. I ll Listen to the legal experts not an engineer. Thank you. Why would an ex JAG do something he know is illegal?

The "health of our democracy" is related to immense international corporate conglomerates, receiving special dispensation and carve-outs from laws and regulations that no other similar businesses enjoy.

Yet, somehow or another, voiding out such special favors, for whatever reason, is "a threat to democracy".

I don't think so.
... which they had no problem with, and made quite a bit of money off of, right up until Disney issued that press release. Then, suddenly, a bill rushes through with a cutoff of 1968, when the Reedy Creek deal was made in 1967, meaning that a similar deal made in 1969 would be A-OK. Yes, that is targeting.

... which they had no problem with, and made quite a bit of money off of, right up until Disney issued that press release. Then, suddenly, a bill rushes through with a cutoff of 1968, when the Reedy Creek deal was made in 1967, meaning that a similar deal made in 1969 would be A-OK. Yes, that is targeting.
As I stated earlier, the beneficiary is at the mercy of the benefactor.

Stick a thumb in the eye of said benefactor, and don't be surprised that your benefits go away.

How? Cite where in the constitution they are doing that? And not the 1st amendment. You can’t. You’re not a lawyer. I ll Listen to the legal experts not an engineer. Thank you. Why would an ex JAG do something he know is illegal?

You can listen to anyone you wish, I will listen to the man that sponsored/wrote the bill and the man that signed it. Both said the bill was created in response to Disney stating they were against the new law.

I can't wait for the Fed Govt to start punishing people for saying "we are against abortion", you will be singing a different tune then.

You can listen to anyone you wish, I will listen to the man that sponsored/wrote the bill and the man that signed it. Both said the bill was created in response to Disney stating they were against the new law.

I can't wait for the Fed Govt to start punishing people for saying "we are against abortion", you will be singing a different tune then.
Democrats already punish political opposition. When are you going to start complaining about it?

Democrats already punish political opposition. When are you going to start complaining about it?

Then you can list all the bills passed by Dem legislatures and signed by Dem Govs doing this.

I will be happy to wait.

Govt does it now. Jan 6th punishments Vs blm riots punishments.

Forum List

Back