Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

Irony.. democrats who refuse to take care of their own family leaving their parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, nieces and nephews to be wards of the Government screaming at republicans for not wanting to take care of their family for them.

Ignorant hack. Liberals take care of their own. Conservatives are more likely to throw junior out of the house if he doesn't conform to the dictums of the authoritarian father.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

Wasn't easy..but I didn't die.

And you are still poor.
Maybe not financially,
but you are still poor.

That's not your call. I mean, I'd call half the board 'poor' because that's how I perceive them - but that doesn't mean they are, any more than it means he is on your say-so.

Irony.. democrats who refuse to take care of their own family leaving their parents, brothers, sisters, uncles, nieces and nephews to be wards of the Government screaming at republicans for not wanting to take care of their family for them.

Ignorant hack. Liberals take care of their own. Conservatives are more likely to throw junior out of the house if he doesn't conform to the dictums of the authoritarian father.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.

ROFL So liberals are just trying to save families of conservatives. ROFL

like I said, not only raised by apes... but they believe themselves uppity apes while flinging their ignorant phony poo all over everyone

Last edited:
Average loss, $7. A month!!
Terrible.
You can earn that in 1 hour!!
Bit of effort you could earn 10 times that in one hour!!

Hear that grandma?

Hey grandma...get a fucking job, go back to college, start a new career...get your lazy ass out of that chair!!!

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32
Yer an idiot

No, he's not. It's a valid point. Why are you using ad hom to avoid addressing it.

Why am I not entitled to "entitlements"?

Obviously you are rich.
Pay your fair share motherfucker.

I wonder if anyone here believes owning a "basic" home for your shelter survival and protection against the elements should be a taxable item?

Well, local government needs some way to pay for the services it provides. While taxing me more because my home is worth more than yours sucks, especially if you have 4 kids in school, short of setting up a "dues" based system where everyone pays a fixed amount, it's the fairest way to provide services.

30k? WTH I put in my entire septic system for 25k. Fixing a "connection" to a sewer line costs 30k? Dude, that's highway robbery.

My line has to be completely diverted to the other side of my home. My neighbors are the problem. It turned out that when the sewer line was put into their home, it was connected to mine. They say that that was standard practice back in the day. Plus I would have to pay for the street part of the deal. It is an awful situation

Let me get this straight. They want you to disconnect from your currently shared connection so that you can have a different shared connection because they believe the current shared connection is insufficient for the two homes, or presumably based on some other regulatory change. And you are responsible for the paying for the "street" part of the deal. The street part presumably including destruction of some portion of the street, and/or other public own property. I'm gonna guess a company operating under a monopoly, or a government run organization provided you with all of this information.

When you bought the property was this issue made clear to you? Check your papers. Check your title company. This does not add up. In most areas/states there are laws to ensure this does not happen to buyers, and you might even have mortgage insurance for / from the title company that covers just this sort of issue coming up.

Yes, to all the questions in the first paragraph. Especially the last sentence. Not only that, but one of the guys doling out the info, accused me of trying to get something for free. (Even though, I paid into sewer line protection for years)

When I bought the property, it was not made known. I was shocked to say the least, and now my neighbor that is on every kind of program you can imagine is threatening to disconnect mine and leave it open. I was told she cannot do that by one official, and told by others that legally they can.

Last edited:
The lot of you remind me of nothing so much as the wife in this scene.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED7_y4jETo0]American Beauty - Dinner Scene - YouTube[/ame]

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

And you are still poor.
Maybe not financially,
but you are still poor.

In many ways. Much like the dry drunk.

Poverty is a state of mind?
Not a state of being?
I like that.

I have a sewer line problem. That will cost me upwards of 30 thousand dollars. Money that I do not foresee in my future. The city is not responsible because I have a job. My home is 150 years old. I am also responsible for the street part of my sewer line. I purchased a sewer line protection program, that I paid for for years through the water company, they rejected my claim and told me I could sign up on a program that would help me get the job done. Red flag went up, when I heard the word "program"

OK, so when I did call about this "program", I was promptly told "oh I am sorry since you work, you are not eligible".

30k? WTH I put in my entire septic system for 25k. Fixing a "connection" to a sewer line costs 30k? Dude, that's highway robbery.

My line has to be completely diverted to the other side of my home. My neighbors are the problem. It turned out that when the sewer line was put into their home, it was connected to mine. They say that that was standard practice back in the day. Plus I would have to pay for the street part of the deal. It is an awful situation

So, why is that practice suddenly wrong? Seems like you should be grandfathered in. If your sewer line goes onto your neighbor's property, and has for years, you have an implied easement. I would be talking to an attorney.

So, why is that practice suddenly wrong? Seems like you should be grandfathered in. If your sewer line goes onto your neighbor's property, and has for years, you have an implied easement. I would be talking to an attorney.

I tried to work in concert with my neighbors. She is a complete control, freak, so I will have to go that way, I am afraid.

Problem is I have little time. While I work, she sits at home on all sorts of programs and she has time to control the situation and calling ever government official in the city.

Thanks Ernie

I tried to work in concert with my neighbors. She is a complete control, freak, so I will have to go that way, I am afraid.

Problem is I have little time. While I work, she sits at home on all sorts of programs and she has time to control the situation and calling ever government official in the city.

Thanks Ernie

Irregardless of how much of a jerk your neighbor is. Your title company might very well be financially responsible for this work. This is why we have title companies and title insurance. As Earnie says talk to an attorney. You should not have to pay a dime for this, not even for the attorney. But you do have to be careful regarding the attorney, as well, some of them are charlatans like Obama.

Thanks Ernie

Irregardless of how much of a jerk your neighbor is. Your title company might very well be financially responsible for this work. This is why we have title companies and title insurance. As Earnie says talk to an attorney. You should not have to pay a dime for this, not even for the attorney. But you do have to be careful regarding the attorney, as well, some of them are charlatans like Obama.

Thank you so much. Gonna log off now and take a look at my papers to see what can be done.

You know ... God must be a Civil Engineer ... I mean who the hell else would lay a sewer main through a playground?

No it isn't.

And you are still poor.
Maybe not financially,
but you are still poor.

That's not your call. I mean, I'd call half the board 'poor' because that's how I perceive them - but that doesn't mean they are, any more than it means he is on your say-so.
I call it the way I see it.

And you are still poor.
Maybe not financially,
but you are still poor.

In many ways. Much like the dry drunk.

Poverty is a state of mind?
Not a state of being?
I like that.

Actually it is:

Hidden rules have to do with attitudes about money, relationships, education, possessions and more. Basically, the driving forces for those living in poverty are survival, relationships and entertainment.

That's why a person living in poverty is more likely to spend a financial windfall on concert tickets or a big- screen television than on saving for a rainy day.

Middle-class people are driven by achievement and work. Because they feel they must manage their money, a financial windfall might go into a child's college fund.

Those living in wealth are driven by political, social and financial connections and might be likely to re-invest any additional money.

What this means for people living in poverty is that, to rephrase Hemingway, poverty is more than a lack of money. It's also a lack of knowledge of the middle-class rules that lead to success in a world driven by those rules.

Hidden rules define social classes, cause confusion - Opinion - The Oracle: University of South Florida

Hear that grandma?

Hey grandma...get a fucking job, go back to college, start a new career...get your lazy ass out of that chair!!!

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32
Yer an idiot

No, he's not. It's a valid point. Why are you using ad hom to avoid addressing it.

Please tell me what the "valid point" is, because I missed it.
Perhaps you can communicate it in a manner that I can understand.

The valid part of the point is that religion teaches us to take care of our elderly and in-firmed. The invalid part is forcing people into labor, taking their income from them, to force them at gun point to take care of the elderly and in-firmed whether they want to or not.

The valid part of the point is that religion teaches us to take care of our elderly and in-firmed. The invalid part is forcing people into labor, taking their income from them, to force them at gun point to take care of the elderly and in-firmed whether they want to or not.

I can relate to this. The Council of Aged came to my house with my mother, and with loaded weapons, and told me that if I did not put her in my spare bedroom and give her 3 squares a day, plus access to the TV during Wheel of Fortune" that they would be back with Vito whose specialty is breaking legs....

Forum List

Back