From Russia [with Rosy-Gap]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
A (fictional) fan-homage to the Davis Cup (the 'World Cup of tennis') and loosely-drawn from the tennis universe Romanticism interests/themes from the athletics-fun film Wimbledon (Richard Loncraine). Featuring a reference to the 1995 Davis Cup Semifinal (Germany-Russia) between Michael Stich and Andrei Chesnokov. Thanks for reading (and Happy Summer USMB!),

:icon_sjung:

====

I was thinking of the tribulation of the Coronavirus in the new millennium and why/how social media access to net-activities for sportsmanship and world-stage events made mark for the traffic-hospitality 'confidence' in the post-9/11 era American Homeland of Selfie-life laughter (for the Ego!).

009e9fa5bf8c11c642da5ee1d6b97d37.jpg

I decided to focus my fascination with civilization 'art' with a special 1995 Davis Cup media 'event' in which the Wimbledon-champ Michael Stich (Germany) fell in the semifinals to Russia thanks to the immaculate-epic play of Andrei Chesnokov in a 5-set marathon that yielded a final 14-12 5th-set triumph for Chesnokov/Russia. This was great photo-synthesis for cyber-culture and sports-helmets fantasy (for all!).

810fc58ec622ab3e9cb42b35b48b7eed.jpeg

Friends, you know the Davis Cup is the 'World Cup of tennis' and yields expressions of world-exchange customs for sport in this elegant/refined game of tactics net/racquet/ball shots that elevate a special team in any given year to the level of world-stage cheers, and in 1995, Germany was powerful, with Wimbledon-title holder and ace courts-man (Stich) who nevertheless took his semifinal challenger from Russia (Chesnokov) quite-seriously, given the Russian's repute for being arguably one of the world's great serve-returners. Stich was an acer-server (wow). The visual appearance of that Davis Cup trophy simply reminds fans/storytellers why tennis had become a 'veil' for sport-cleats on Earth (sure).

d7aaab611a596a736324aaa8d8d10cbb.jpg

I used to enjoy watching Chesnokov playing/competing when I (myself) was a youth-tennis camp athlete with fun goals of enjoying the game itself and came to think of highlights featuring the icy-Russian pared with great-servers in men's tennis (and returners too!), including Agassi or Stich. That 5-set epic 'shocker' by the Russian proved too much for Germany/Stich, despite that even epic 5th-set 14-12 scoreline. It was social media photo-synthesis for superstitions in competition's class for leviathan.

c3bee84e34e2bf1e6d83041b8bf0ff53.jpg

Just to think of what sports and social media has afforded Earthlings is to ponder about the role of the human social network and customs-for-exchange in the sports-cleats fantasy fan-mind/brain and why we pay nod/attention to sportsmanship 'consciousness' films for hospitality-paranoia like Munich (Steven Spielberg) and how men's tennis gave us this dose of potions for poisons of Earth (for the Ego).

14707b16cb72b3a17f530fec9a558012.jpg

GIRLFRIEND: Chesnokov was good...he was like in the top-10 in the world, right?
ME: Correct-o, lady.
GIRLFRIEND: Still smoking Merits, hon?
ME: I got this vintage ad-flyer image for my Davis Cup fan-board, lady.
GIRLFRIEND: Davis Cup reminds me of YouTube.
ME: Without collateral (leviathan).

ff4ee89951489136939a695b79fcc365.jpg

"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back