Gay Marriage - Question.....

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.(Timothy 2: 11-12) - No woman President I guess...the bible's against it.

The New Testament has a handful of verses in support of slavery and indicating that a slave was not fully human...I wonder if I would be religiously persecuted if I started using the bible to support bringing back slavery.

That's three people who think being asked WHY they do something is an invitation for them to do it even more. I have two private bets with myself, one about how many leftists/non-Christians will do this very thing, and the other about how many pages it will take before ONE of these assholes stops proving Bonzi's point and actually answers the fucking question.

why is it no one addresses matthew 25:40 or much of matthew....sometimes it does seem to non believers that you are cherry picking and just using the verses of the bible you want to use....i notice no one mentions when jesus says...he came only for the jews

Why is it that you can't just answer the question?

I actually addressed Matthew 25:40 but I only heard crickets.....

This is why I flatly refuse to follow them down their tangents. It only encourages them to derail the thread entirely.

If I get to the past page of the thread and these chuckleheads still haven't pulled their craniums out and answered, I'll tell you why myself.

i wonder if bonzi and jeri realize the bible says women are to shut up and be obedience and not preach or witness

matter of fact lets discuss where the bible says to pray and how it says to pray

I wonder if you realize that a) Bonzi's right there, and you can just address him/her directly, and b) you are still not even vaguely addressing the topic, dipshit.

You want to discuss a different topic, be it prayer or whatever, go start your own thread for it and stop derailing this one.

why is it no one addresses matthew 25:40 or much of matthew....sometimes it does seem to non believers that you are cherry picking and just using the verses of the bible you want to use....i notice no one mentions when jesus says...he came only for the jews

This is why I flatly refuse to follow them down their tangents. It only encourages them to derail the thread entirely.

If I get to the past page of the thread and these chuckleheads still haven't pulled their craniums out and answered, I'll tell you why myself.

some actually did admit it was irrelevant to them and left it at that....

What is the source of your moral codes that drives your political positions?
"Do unto others", which includes minding my own business when it comes to others' personal lives.

Pretty standard western liberal answer.

But not the only answer. And fairly unusual outside of first world western nations.

Are you prepared to accept that other cultures have larger moral codes that drive their views?

Or are all those other cultures inferior to your own?

Every viewpoint and lifestyle is inferior to that endorsed by American liberals. Didn't you know that?

no no no......what you do to the least of my breathen.....you do to me.....so now you are saying this is only for the believers and not for all man...and yet you claim your god made man but suddenly the lowest of man can be neglected cause you have decided to narrowly interpet your bible?

you need to site the website you copied and pasted that from

Was that "brethren" or "heathen"? Pick one!

some actually did admit it was irrelevant to them and left it at that....

Only one I saw was PratchettFan, and he's never been one for telling people how to practice their faith, anyway.

31-year-old Rachel Held Evans has spent an entire year trying to follow of the Bible’s instructions for menstruating women, from “submitting” to their husbands to removing themselves from the community. Now she’s launching a book on her religious experiment, called “A Year of Biblical Womanhood”.

The Tennessee-based evangelical blogger set out to obey the Bible’s strict rules for women on their period, from Leviticus Chapters 15 to 18. In case you didn’t know, the Holy Book sets a strict set of rules for women, some explicit, others implied, and Evans tried to obey most of them as precisely as possible. During the 12-month-long experience, she stayed home from church, made her own clothes, abstained from sex and even touching her husband, let her hair grow, slept in a tent once a month, and even carried a seat cushion with her wherever she went to avoid sitting on chairs outside her home. It might sound funny, even kooky, but through her experiment Rachel tries to make a serious point: all Christians choose to respect those parts of the Bible that suit them.

Ironically, her biggest critics throughout the whole Biblical project have been conservatives who should’ve been most sympathetic to her idea. “It goes to show at some level there’s a fear of exposing what it means to follow the Bible literally,” the writer told Slate Magazine. But despite criticism she went through with her experiment and managed to complete her self-set 12-month challenge. Now she’s preparing to launch a book on it, but she’s faced with other hurdles. LifeWay, one of the largest Christian bookstore chains in America, has chosen not to carry “A Year of Biblical Womanhood” because of its use of the word “vagina”

Woman Spends a Year Living According to the Bible Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities

Bones is the reason why this board did away with neg reps. He/she/it simply cannot resist each and every opportunity presented to be a complete douche nugget.

quoting the bible is derailing this thread....sorry

When the thread has nothing to do with "What does the Bible say?" yes, it is.

And yes, you're extremely sorry. We all know this.

Now are you going to answer the question, or waste more of our time with your faux-martyrdom?

Bonzi, be silent.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.(Timothy 2: 11-12)

What I say here is a professing of what I know to be true and, I say it to stand up for my Lord and Savior.

But the bible forbids women from doing so. You're not supposed to be teaching the word of god, that's a man's job.

What does this post have to do with answering the OP question?

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

If you don't believe, it should be irrelevant to you.

As long as opponents to homosexuals do not bring up the Bible- I will not. I personally do not care what a persons religious beliefs are.

However, if someone uses the Bible as a rationalization here on the boards for why they believe homosexuals should be discriminated against- then I am fine with actually discussing what the Bible says.

Frankly- from the rhetoric of the Far Right Christians, an ignorant outsider would easily assume that homosexuality is one of the main themes of the Bible- and that Jesus's primary message was regarding homosexuality. Because that is what the Far Right Christians focus on.

But instead- the NT barely mentions homosexuality, and Jesus's own words are barely mentioned.

So to recap- I won't challenge your belief in what the Bible says if you don't cite the Bible as your reason to discriminate.

You're a frigging liar. You bring it up all the damned time.

And you still haven't answered the question. What's it to you WHAT other people believe? Why do you feel the need to correct other people's personal beliefs, particularly when you react with such outrage if someone tries to do the same to you?

... if you are not a Christian, or don't believe the Bible, why is it important to you to try to make it sound like God and/or the Bible is /does not condemn homosexuality?

Now that gay people have the right to marry, you're right it IS completely irrelevent :thup:

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

In all fairness, because I've been ragging on the lefties for digressing and not discussing the topic, I do now have to point out to you that THIS is also not really on-topic.

Romans 1: 26-7 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. I Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.
It's not about having an excuse to be bigoted. Saying that is just trying to put Christian's in a negative light and is a generalization.

There ARE bigoted people out there (Christian and non-Christian).
TRUE Christian's know God's way is the ONLY way, and more importantly the BEST (perfect) way.
And TRUE Muslims know Allah's way. And TRUE Jews know Yahweh's way.

Fortunately, here in America, we eschew religious beliefs as the law of the land and operate under a freer, secular mode.

If you think that God's way is the way to govern American people, you're bound to be disappointed.

Let me put this another way.

It makes no more sense to me why Christians would object to homosexuals any more than they would Hindu's.

Based upon the Bible.

Let me put this another way.

Why does it have to make any sense to you at all, since you don't share their belief system?

Romans 1: 26-7 declares homosexual desires and actions to be shameful, unnatural, lustful, and indecent. I Corinthians 6:9 states that homosexuals are unrighteous and will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since both homosexual desires and actions are condemned in the Bible, it is clear that homosexuals “marrying” is not God’s will, and would be, in fact, sinful.
It's not about having an excuse to be bigoted. Saying that is just trying to put Christian's in a negative light and is a generalization.

TRUE Christian's know God's way is the ONLY way, and more importantly the BEST (perfect) way.

Fortunately, here in America, we eschew religious beliefs as the law of the land and operate under a freer, secular mode.

If you think that God's way is the way to govern American people, you're bound to be disappointed.

Not just me... it's not disappointment as much as it is sadness. For everyone...

Now that gay people have the right to marry, you're right it IS completely irrelevent :thup:

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

In all fairness, because I've been ragging on the lefties for digressing and not discussing the topic, I do now have to point out to you that THIS is also not really on-topic.

People are not self-disciplined enough to stay on topic - chaos always ensues.
I guess that is why they have an area for structured debate - held more accountable to stay on topic.
I admit I don't redirect back to keep things on topic either, but mostly out of laziness. Plus, I like the side questions, I think the more people know about the Bible the better.....

Not just me... it's not disappointment as much as it is sadness. For everyone...
I saw plenty of smiles on the faces of homosexuals last weekend at a festival at Point State Park.

I think the only folks who are sad about freedom extended to all Americans are those who fail to understand what freedom really means.

As long as opponents to homosexuals do not bring up the Bible- I will not. I personally do not care what a persons religious beliefs are.

However, if someone uses the Bible as a rationalization here on the boards for why they believe homosexuals should be discriminated against- then I am fine with actually discussing what the Bible says.

Frankly- from the rhetoric of the Far Right Christians, an ignorant outsider would easily assume that homosexuality is one of the main themes of the Bible- and that Jesus's primary message was regarding homosexuality. Because that is what the Far Right Christians focus on.

But instead- the NT barely mentions homosexuality, and Jesus's own words are barely mentioned.

So to recap- I won't challenge your belief in what the Bible says if you don't cite the Bible as your reason to discriminate.

You're a frigging liar. You bring it up all the damned time.

And you still haven't answered the question. What's it to you WHAT other people believe? Why do you feel the need to correct other people's personal beliefs, particularly when you react with such outrage if someone tries to do the same to you?

Free free to show how I have lied. Otherwise of course you would be lying- and I think your religion says something about that?

Forum List

Back