GOP Congress Plans To Deal With ISIS

The GOP controlled Congress will do nothing about ISIS. They will take every opportunity to score political points while criticizing the President's policies......but they will take no action of their own. They won't seek to authorize any kind of actions in Iraq or Syria, the Republican controlled Congress plans to stay as far away as they can get from taking any actual responsibility for anything. They certainly won't debate about this country going to war; the Republican Congress will do what ever they can to avoid their Constitutional responsibilities.
Congress does not set foreign policy, doofus. That would be the President of the United States. And every foreign policy set by this president has been an abject failure.

Since when do we make war without Congressional approval?
Since when does Congress aporove something where no one has asked for approval ?

Plenty of Republicans in Congress criticizing the President's policy as not being aggressive enough.......let's here what they'd like to do about it. After all, it is their Constitutional responsibility.

I'd like to see these republicans calling for war on Syria.

Do tell. Give me the links.

The GOP controlled Congress will do nothing about ISIS. They will take every opportunity to score political points while criticizing the President's policies......but they will take no action of their own. They won't seek to authorize any kind of actions in Iraq or Syria, the Republican controlled Congress plans to stay as far away as they can get from taking any actual responsibility for anything. They certainly won't debate about this country going to war; the Republican Congress will do what ever they can to avoid their Constitutional responsibilities.
What actions do you think the Congress can take? The last I checked only the CIC also known as the President could order military action or a troop deployment against ISIS.

I don't know what you imagine you checked but it certainly wasn't the Constitution.
That's Article II Section 2 of the US COnstition, dumbshit.

Congress does not set foreign policy, doofus. That would be the President of the United States. And every foreign policy set by this president has been an abject failure.

Actually almost every war has been without congressional approval. Who submits the plan to be approved, Einstein?
And your question of course was irrelevant to my statement. The president makes foreign policy and conducts war as CinC.

Oh I see professor, so conducting operations in another country like Syria doesn't require congressional approval....is that right? Because we don't need congressional approval to attack what ever sovereign nation we choose.....right professor? How convenient for Congress.
Begs the question: Why do Republican law makers hate the Constitution so much?
You are one ignorant piece of shit for sure.
Are you suggesting the President does not set foreign policy? Are you suggesting the President is not Commander in Chief?
Quit deflecting, moving goalposts, and lying. Be honest for once in your life.

Perhaps you'd like to point out the operative phrases where I made suggestions like that. The deflection is all yours....evidently Congressional approval is no longer needed to attack a sovereign nation. Feel free to elaborate on the recent revisions to the Constitution.

What actions do you think the Congress can take? The last I checked only the CIC also known as the President could order military action or a troop deployment against ISIS.

Since we are already at war in Syria without Congressional approval shouldn't the Congress now be legally obliged to act? Shouldn't they at least approve or disapprove the President's actions? Or should the Congress only act on issues that present no danger of political consequences?
Could you wait until January when this Republican Congress you are so butthurt over actually takes office?

Actually almost every war has been without congressional approval. Who submits the plan to be approved, Einstein?
And your question of course was irrelevant to my statement. The president makes foreign policy and conducts war as CinC.

Oh I see professor, so conducting operations in another country like Syria doesn't require congressional approval....is that right? Because we don't need congressional approval to attack what ever sovereign nation we choose.....right professor? How convenient for Congress.
Are you suggesting the President does not set foreign policy? Are you suggesting the President is not Commander in Chief?

Perhaps you'd like to point out the operative phrases where I made suggestions like that. The deflection is all yours....evidently Congressional approval is no longer needed to attack a sovereign nation. Feel free to elaborate on the recent revisions to the Constitution.
Did Obama have approval to attack Libya?
Did Obama have approval to attack Syria?
Did Clinton have approval to attack Somalia?
You're batting a 1.000 here of total ignorance.

Again, what is Obama's plan for ISIS now that his initial plan has failed?

Did Obama have approval to attack Libya?
Did Obama have approval to attack Syria?
Did Clinton have approval to attack Somalia?
You're batting a 1.000 here of total ignorance.

Again, what is Obama's plan for ISIS now that his initial plan has failed?

Exactly, thank you for making my point for me. Congress is in the habit of avoiding their Constitutional responsibilities.

Since we are already at war in Syria without Congressional approval shouldn't the Congress now be legally obliged to act? Shouldn't they at least approve or disapprove the President's actions? Or should the Congress only act on issues that present no danger of political consequences?
Again exactly what action do want Congress to take? Congress could officially declare war on ISIS but they could not carry it out only the President could do that.

Could you wait until January when this Republican Congress you are so butthurt over actually takes office?
I'm looking forward to their continued avoidance of responsibility.

Again exactly what action do want Congress to take? Congress could officially declare war on ISIS but they could not carry it out only the President could do that.

The Congress of the United States of America are the only one's who can legally declare war. So hard to figure out why they've avoided doing that for so many years.

I don't know what you imagine you checked but it certainly wasn't the Constitution.
United States Constitution section 2 Presidential powers clause 1 command of military, opinions of cabinet secretaries, pardons.

The Congress of the United States of America are the only one's who can legally declare war. So hard to figure out why they've avoided doing that for so many years.
I'm aware of that I said it but as I also pointed out directing the war would still fall to the President. So lets say Congress did declare war on ISIS and the President continued to run the war in an ineffective way do you think Congress would suddenly not be critical of him?

As I understand it, there has been no declaration of war by the US since the Second World War.

As I understand it, there has been no declaration of war by the US since the Second World War.
I believe that is the case.

United States Constitution section 2 Presidential powers clause 1 command of military, opinions of cabinet secretaries, pardons.

And? What about it?

Yes that is correct. Had we adhered to the Constitution we wouldn't have been in so many wars since then. But our representatives mostly lack the courage of their so called convictions.

That's Article II Section 2 of the US COnstition, dumbshit.

Hard to imagine anyone of your standing as a constitutional scholar purposely misinterpreting the Constitution......quite surprising really.

And? What about it?
If your as knowledgeable about the Constitution as you imply you shouldn't have to ask.

Forum List

Back