Greatest economy in US history!

I see it as hyperbolic, but since those suffering from TDS (which is pretty much all leftists on this board) won't give him ANY credit for anything, I'd say I'd rather have the economy we have right now than the one we suffered through 10 years ago.

In short, I'd rather have a good economy with all the leftists denying it than a poor economy with all the leftists singing its praises. Same thing goes when the reverse is true.

Its one thing to appreciate a good economy. It's quite another to boast about having 'the greatest economy in history'. I'm so over the constant arrogance and hyperbole of this do-nothing administration. Cult45 laps it up like the good dogs they are.

So, TDS with you, it is.

Thank you for playing.

I support policy, not people.
Okay, so what do you think of the policy that led to a 2.1% GDP growth, an exploding deficit in a non-recessionary period, and the need for the Fed to be standing by to drop rates?

The tax cut of 2017.

Wasn't that tax cut law going to rocket fuel the economy and pay for themselves in the treasury? Annual GDP growth still under 3% and trillion dollar deficits from a grifter who stated that he would completely wipe-out the US debt in 8 years....
It’s obvious you don’t live in the center of commerce.

What items for the fact presented are you going to try to deny?

Donny Grifter still has not had a single year of 3% GDP growth.

Donny Grifter took President Obama's annual budget deficits and more than doubled them.

Candidate Grifter stated that he would wipe out the entire US Debt in 8 years of a Grifter presidency.

Which of those needs a center of commerce?
I trust you can put your partisan arguments aside long enough to answer this honestly, because I'm seriously just curious, not trying to start a fight:
Trump (and Ryan) explained that the better economy would cause us to be collecting much more in taxes and that would allow us to pay off the deficit a lot faster.
Has the amount we are collecting gone up appreciably? How would one find out?
Good question and I don’t know how to answer it.

Trump on Twitter this morning, regarding being behind Biden in a Fox poll:

....the fact that I have gone through a three year vicious Witch Hunt, perpetrated by the Lamestream Media in Collusion with Crooked and the Democrat Party, there can be NO WAY, with the greatest Economy in U.S. history, that I can be losing to the Sleepy One. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

... on the morning a 2.1% GDP is announced, we've exploded the deficit in a non-recessionary period, and the Fed is standing by to support a flagging economy by dropping interest rates.

I dunno, folks. Trump supporters, in all seriousness, what goes through your mind when your President calls this "the greatest economy in US history"?

Seriously.
Somehow, it doesn't quite feel like the Roaring Twenties.

Or the anemic 2008-2016...

Trumps GDP does not look any better than Obama’s
An economy Trump called a Trainwreck
I see you’re a Rush Limpdick fan.
GDP is bullshit when it’s going to 1% of US citizens.

You’re correct. When you factor in disparity of income and wealth, it’s a flawed indicator.

....the fact that I have gone through a three year vicious Witch Hunt, perpetrated by the Lamestream Media in Collusion with Crooked and the Democrat Party, there can be NO WAY, with the greatest Economy in U.S. history, that I can be losing to the Sleepy One. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

... on the morning a 2.1% GDP is announced, we've exploded the deficit in a non-recessionary period, and the Fed is standing by to support a flagging economy by dropping interest rates.

I dunno, folks. Trump supporters, in all seriousness, what goes through your mind when your President calls this "the greatest economy in US history"?

Seriously.

No one ever claimed that was the greatest economy in US history.

I never said anyone did. Did I?

Seriously.

GDP does not define an economy ya fckn troll
And how do you define an economy?

They do get cranky when asked to explain his words.
I'd get cranky too if I was constantly asked to explain someones lies.
I'm not even sure they realize he's lying. The alternate universe is simply running with its own facts and figures and reality. So many of them agree with him. That's the disturbing part.
I never believe any administration's pronouncements about the economy. Whoever said it's "lies, damned lies and statistics" got it right. I go by what is happening in my neck of the woods. Obama's administration was pushing some real bullshit, too, for awhile there.
If Trump supporters are seeing an improvement in their job prospects or businesses springing up in their towns, that's why they probably think things are better. Looking around the corner at what some of this economic fiddling may cause tomorrow isn't a strength for most of us. Economics might as well be ancient Etruscan, as far as most Americans go.

Seriously.

And how do you define an economy?

There are many factors...but GDP alone doesn't

Seriously.

What does? Deficits?

Seriously.

It's meaningless hyperbole. THe economy is good. And the witch hunt was a witch hunt. That part is 100% true.

WHy do you care about this? EVERYONE should grok by now, that Trump has an odd and somewhat off putting style.

Seriously.

What does? Deficits?
Nope; most people and nations run deficits.

I'm not even sure they realize he's lying. The alternate universe is simply running with its own facts and figures and reality. So many of them agree with him. That's the disturbing part.
I never believe any administration's pronouncements about the economy. Whoever said it's "lies, damned lies and statistics" got it right. I go by what is happening in my neck of the woods. Obama's administration was pushing some real bullshit, too, for awhile there.
If Trump supporters are seeing an improvement in their job prospects or businesses springing up in their towns, that's why they probably think things are better. Looking around the corner at what some of this economic fiddling may cause tomorrow isn't a strength for most of us. Economics might as well be ancient Etruscan, as far as most Americans go.
Presidents always get too much credit and too much blame for the economy. There are so many variables and influences involved that all we can do is analyze data piece by piece. Since this stuff is my profession, I know this is a day-by-day, hour-by-hour thing.

Of course, partisans make it a binary issue. Partisans aren't to be taken seriously.

Now see there OL? I had to go and look up Etruscan.

Presidents always get too much credit and too much blame for the economy. There are so many variables and influences involved that all we can do is analyze data piece by piece. Since this stuff is my profession, I know this is a day-by-day, hour-by-hour thing.

Of course, partisans make it a binary issue. Partisans aren't to be taken seriously.
Trump is forcing Trickle Down to work.

Seriously.

Really?
What one term would you choose?

Huge deficits and slow growth. What a success.

But the left keeps saying that was great under Ears. Lol
It’s expected during a recession. Trump inherited a strong economy and decreasing deficits.

Trump inherited a weak and aging upswing, and reinvigorated it.

THe increase in wages for the lower income workers, is especially impressive.

I don't know that hte deficits were dropping, but yes, them rising is a fair point.

Forum List

Back