Gunny's Thread on Religion

JB,

I've come to the conclusion, that you just can't be real....

I mean, you just can't be somebody that is able to manage for himself in real life because this obsession of yours overwhelms you in your every day living, so you are just faking us out somehow and PLAYING with us with this persona of yours, I dunno...something doesn't smell right....call it feminine intuition, or something....?

And if you are real, as said, which I doubt....then, could you explain to me how this obsession progressed in your life, from the beginning of when it started...what triggered it, do you know or remember back that far? Was it a Science class? Was it the pedophile priests? Was it an acquaintance, a teacher a parent and friend that triggered it?

Honestly, I feel like I am missing something that I should know in order to continue debating you on this...you say us religious believers are brainwashed in youth by our parents and churches...WHAT is it that has made YOU the way you are is what I am missing and at a disadvantage on...

Care

Care, I'm wishing for you to get what you want, the rapture, how is that hatred? I'm even tossing in other religion for free, you can show them all how wrong they were. That's a good thing no?

Imagine, a world with no more religion, peace at last.

Not without God. Without religion and God, you'll be in hell, you realize.

Filled with people like you, JB, Agna...what a lovely place that will be!

Of all the posters I find him the most disturbing, and the one who appears the most disturbed.

Of course, we don't often see "die, Christian, DIE" on here.

Any so-called 'evidence' that supports every single claim by every single religion just as much as it 'supports' your claim is not evidence of anything, you twit. It's not surprising that you are unable to grasp such a simple concept, however; it's been demonstrated repeatedly that theists have low IQs as a rule and are generally stupid and uneducated.

No it hasn't, you loon.

Once again, I refer you to the brothers Chudnovsky.

What has been proven is you're a pathetic, hating loser. Thanks for sharing that with us. We get it. Carry on with your trolling.

No it hasn't, you loon.

There are plenty of Religion vs IQ by country statistics out there. Unfortunately its easy to poke holes in IQ tests when administered across cultures. To add something new to the evidence:

Congratulations Mississippi, you're the least intelligent AND most religious state!

State IQ compared with % answering Yes to "Is religion an important part of your daily life?":

State IQ statistics from McDaniel Estimating State IQ
Religious importance statistics from Gallop - State of the States:

Conclusion

The consensus here is clear: more intelligent people tend not to believe in religion. And this observation is given added force when you consider that the above studies span a broad range of time, subjects and methodologies, and yet arrive at the same conclusion.

This is the result even when the researchers are Christian conservatives themselves. One such researcher is George Gallup. Here are the results of a Fall 1995 Gallup poll: Percentage of respondents who agreed with the following statements:

Religion is Religion can
"very important "answer all or most
Respondents in their life" of today's problems"

------------------------------------------------------------
Attended college 53 percent 58 percent
No college 63 65

Income over $50,000 48 56
$30,000 - $50,000 56 62
$20,000 - $30,000 56 60
Under $20,000 66 66 Why does this correlation exist? The first answer that comes to mind is that religious beliefs tend to be more illogical or incoherent than secular beliefs, and intelligent people tend to recognize that more quickly. But this explanation will surely be rejected by religious people, who will seek other explanations and rationalizations.

A possible counter-argument is that intelligent people tend to be more successful than others. The lure of worldly success and materialism draws many of these intellectually gifted individuals away from God. After all, who needs God when you (apparently) are making it on your own?

However, this argument does not withstand closer scrutiny. Most of the studies outlined above describe the religious attitudes of students, who have yet to enter the working world, much less succeed in it. Some might then argue that the most intelligent students are nonetheless succeeding in school. But "success" in school (for those who may have forgotten!) is more measured in terms of popularity, sports, physical attractiveness, personality, clothes, etc. Grades are but one of many measures of success in a young person's life -- one that is increasingly becoming less important, as many social critics point out.

The simplest and most parsimonious explanation is that religion is a set of logical and factual claims, and those with the most logic and facts at their disposal are rejecting it largely on those grounds.
Intelligent people tend to be more religious.

Helmuth Nyborg
aUniversity of Aarhus, Denmark (1968–2007)

Received 25 March 2008;
revised 7 August 2008;
accepted 11 August 2008.
Available online 16 September 2008.

Abstract

The present study examined whether IQ relates systematically to denomination and income within the framework of the g nexus, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth (NLSY97). Atheists score 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions. Denominations differ significantly in IQ and income. Religiosity declines between ages 12 to 17. It is suggested that IQ makes an individual likely to gravitate toward a denomination and level of achievement that best fit his or hers particular level of cognitive complexity. Ontogenetically speaking this means that contemporary denominations are rank ordered by largely hereditary variations in brain efficiency (i.e. IQ). In terms of evolution, modern Atheists are reacting rationally to cognitive and emotional challenges, whereas Liberals and, in particular Dogmatics, still rely on ancient, pre-rational, supernatural and wishful thinking.
ScienceDirect - Intelligence : The intelligence–religiosity nexus: A representative study of white adolescent Americans

IQbyreligion.jpg
:eusa_whistle:

Any so-called 'evidence' that supports every single claim by every single religion just as much as it 'supports' your claim is not evidence of anything, you twit. It's not surprising that you are unable to grasp such a simple concept, however; it's been demonstrated repeatedly that theists have low IQs as a rule and are generally stupid and uneducated.

Hardly. How does my eye witness of miraculous healing support Buddhism or Hinduism which dont beleive that?

How is my witness from the Spirit that God is real contradict any other faith's witness that God is real. God is real. It's going to be true for anyone else who believes in God.

Like I said, you may not believe the evidence, but it's evidence none the less.

Your lack of understanding of what evidence is has more to do with your comphrension than mine.

His mother needs to limit his time on the computer. It's obviously having a negative effect on him.

Care, I'm wishing for you to get what you want, the rapture, how is that hatred? I'm even tossing in other religion for free, you can show them all how wrong they were. That's a good thing no?

Imagine, a world with no more religion, peace at last.

I don't believe in the Rapture, or at least not a rapture that would spare us from the tribulation....or at least half of it....at least I don't think this is what is going to happen, if it does, then please, take me Lord! :)

Lawman, I don't wish ill upon you, i dont want all that are non religious to die or to be raptured away from this world so I wouldn't have to deal with them...I rather enjoy the variety of humans in life, especially those that are different than me....they are the most interesting to me, moreso than those that agree all the time...I don't want to see them die, or be raptured away by their beliefs...

tolerance is a virtue along with patience, to me....it speaks like freedom to me, it smells like freedom to me....once people start not being tolerant, the world become uglier and uglier imho.

And sorry for the quick snap on the neg rep i gave you.... :(

Care

Their claims are as much 'evidence' of their religion as yours are of your own

Again you demonstrate the ignorance, stupidity,. illogic, and anti-intellectualism of christians

Forum List

Back