Have you ever had a dead person contact you?

I never had :(

I am actually curious , I am talking about close family members who died ...not weirdo ghost and stuff..
It's not possible, according to the Bible. Also, there has never been a confirmed contact with the dead. It just ain't possible. If it was, someone would have done it by now.

EDIT: Actually, it did happen once. When King Saul went to a medium to contact Elijah, God intervened and gave him the real thing. As I recall, Saul wasn't at all happy about the experience. So, short of Divine intervention, it's impossible.

Where in the Bible? and so if that was the case what's all this nonsense about a guy rising from the dead?

Yes but they contact me through dreams or a thought with pictures during waking hours.
No. They don't. They're dead. You are either delusional, lying, or consorting with demons.

I am actually curious , I am talking about close family members who died ...not weirdo ghost and stuff..
It's not possible, according to the Bible. Also, there has never been a confirmed contact with the dead. It just ain't possible. If it was, someone would have done it by now.

EDIT: Actually, it did happen once. When King Saul went to a medium to contact Elijah, God intervened and gave him the real thing. As I recall, Saul wasn't at all happy about the experience. So, short of Divine intervention, it's impossible.

Where in the Bible? and so if that was the case what's all this nonsense about a guy rising from the dead?
I believe is was in second Samuel. Don't quote me on that. And some 'guy' did not rise from the dead. God did that.

Yes but they contact me through dreams or a thought with pictures during waking hours.
No. They don't. They're dead. You are either delusional, lying, or consorting with demons.

No. My sister makes thing form the shape of hearts when she's around. Like spilled water for instance.
Delusional.

Nope. Spilled water formed a heart.

53k75j.jpg

Actually, I believe it was the Prophet Samuel that King Saul tried to contact. Not Elijah. My bad.

No. My sister makes thing form the shape of hearts when she's around. Like spilled water for instance.
Delusional.

53k75j.jpg
Coincidence. Nothing more.

Delusional.

53k75j.jpg
Coincidence. Nothing more.

Wrong I got a bruise same shapes, liquid foundation same shapes, etc. Also, the night before my sister died I had a dream that she had cut her hair really short. The next day when I saw her in the hospital in a coma she had cut all her long hair off just like in the dream. I've had this all my life and my mom tried to have me pray for it to go away. I am not going to be guilted for seeing things that can't be explained.

The Bible advises us not to try to contact spirits, which is very good advice. Remember after Christ's crucifixion tombs were open and those who had passed on appeared to many? It appears that sometimes those who have passed on can reach back under some circumstances. However, it is not usual, and (in my experience) not long lasting, happening only once.

The Bible advises us not to try to contact spirits, which is very good advice. Remember after Christ's crucifixion tombs were open and those who had passed on appeared to many? It appears that sometimes those who have passed on can reach back under some circumstances. However, it is not usual, and (in my experience) not long lasting, happening only once.

I am not saying trying to contact them, I was just asking people here if they were ever contacted..

My sister passed away pretty young from cancer. My mother was miserable and said she lost her best friend and didn't feel like living any longer.

A few months went by. I'm having lunch and the place is crawling with people not to mention all those I'm having lunch with. From out of the blue I get a what would amount to handful of water in my face from a glass of water on the table. I looked up and around expecting to hear someone laughing, but nobody saw it. Then I had a feeling that a force was present that I could not describe.

Two hours later someone called and told me my mother had just passed away. Was I contacted by the dead? I didn't hear any voices, but it was an eerie feeling before I got that call - and the call was totally unexpected.

I am not saying trying to contact them, I was just asking people here if they were ever contacted..

Correct, that was a sidebar conversation I was having with another. I've had a few odd experiences, and they were neither demons nor delusions. There are some who think such experiences are impossible. Rare, yes. Impossible, no. But I agree with Biblical advice about not seeking them out.

There is a movie of a true story called, "The Cokeville Miracle". I think it can be found on Netflix and other movie sites. Check it out.

The story is about elelmentary students in school who are taken hostage and were protected and saved by their dead ancestors.

There is a movie of a true story called, "The Cokeville Miracle". I think it can be found on Netflix and other movie sites. Check it out.

The story is about elelmentary students in school who are taken hostage and were protected and saved by their dead ancestors.

Where were Sandy Hook's dead ancestors?

I don't know. I have had an experience or two. My mother was never an easy person to get along with. She was a cold and distant person. She did not give out hugs. My beloved aunt always came between us when I was young. When my mother and I were unpacking my aunt's things, after she died suddenly in Germany in the military and the USAF sent her belongings to us, I found a music box that I remembered from my childhood, wound it up, it didn't play. Naturally, my mother and I had a spat. We separated in different rooms. Then that music box left in the living room started singing its heart out. I will never know if it was my beloved aunt, saying "break it up, you guys" one more time.

Forum List

Back