Hillary's Biggest Hurdle

As you can see, women overwhelmingly support Clinton in the polls over every Republican.

I am not saying women will not support Clinton. What I am saying is that Hillary will not get the same degree of support among women as Obama did among black America.
No, you clearly implied that being a woman was a negative with other women. It isn't. The polls prove it.

It's obvious that racial identity politics are stronger then gender identity politics. This is not a revelation or anything new.

Here's the reality, as opposed to the OP: If Hillary wins, it will be because of the female vote, not in spite of it.

The exact opposite of the OP is the case. Her gender is a hurdle with men, not with women. Women have far more resentment over the male attitude that women "can't do a man's job" than they do toward another woman.

I am not saying women will not support Clinton. What I am saying is that Hillary will not get the same degree of support among women as Obama did among black America.

No one ever thought she would.

Nor does she have to.

The delusion you start from is that blacks voted for Obama because he was black. Not because he supports policies they agree with. The reality is, your problem with blacks didn't start with Obama, it started when Goldwater opposed the Civil Rights bill of 1964.

main-qimg-e0e187b9b9c0d6db0521be37cbe8d79a

That's a good point. The Dems always get the black vote, not just when they have a black candidate. LBJ got a larger percentage of the black vote in 1964 than Obama got in 2012.

I am starting this thread because of a discussion on a different thread so forgive me it the OP sounds similar to what I posted there. I think the concept deserves it's own thread.

For over 10 years I taught at a college in Arizona and I was very interested in identifying barriers that my students may have against me as an instructor so that I might be able to over come them and maximize their learning. This led me to spend several years researching natural biases that people may have that might create such a barrier to accepting me as a teacher, leader, and/or authority figure. I didn't just read other studies, I conducted experiments of my own and my results enforced the other studies. Now for the record, this is not me giving my personal opinion on right and wrong. This is what I have discovered in research. Here are my conclusions and I think this has application to Hillary and this election::

- In the modern age, we think of racial bias as the most prevalent because it's in our faces through media and history, but actually gender and age bias are more common in American society. Race is more and more becoming a "multiplier"; that is, if a person doesn't like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY dislike them and when they like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY like them. But women and the elderly have it pretty tough. People tend to look at the elderly and think their ideas are outdated even though they have lived far more life than the rest of us and are far more experienced. But I want to focus on women for a sec.

- The rules are different for men and women. We say both genders should be treated the same, but that's not how people react to the same stimulus. For example, if a man uses sarcasm it is usually received positively. He is thought of as funny, witty, amusing, etc. But if a woman uses sarcasm it is usually received negatively. She is though of as a bitch. For a student to believe that a male teacher cares about their success all he has to do is say so. If he says "I care about your success" that tends to be enough, but a woman has to do more. She has to take action to prove that she cares. She has to help them solve a problem, or do something to demonstrate that she cares before a student will believe that she does.

- Curiously, it is not men who are the biggest offenders in regard to discriminating against women. It is women themselves. My research suggests very strongly that women discriminate against other women FAR more than men discriminate against women. It makes sense if you bring it down to a personal level. Many women simply do not trust other women. There have been times in my life where I had to work closely with a woman or I have had a female friend and to me it was just friendship and nothing more and my wife has said to me 'I trust YOU, I just don't trust HER'. I think there is something there that women see men as easily seduced by other women (which is true...let's be honest) and thus they have to "defend their territory" and that creates a natural distrust of other women...but that's another conversation.

- Usually, and generally speaking, men inherit positive attributes while women do not. In other words, usually students assume male teachers possess all the attributes they want in a teacher from the start and all he has to do is maintain it. Female teachers have to spend time proving they have those positive attributes. They are not assumed. Thus a man only has to maintain and not "blow it". A woman has to prove herself to her students.

So what does this have to do with Hillary and the election? Well what students want from a teacher is basically the same thing that voters want from a leader if you look at it very generally. They want someone who cares about their success. They want someone who is qualified and experienced in their field and knows what they are talking about. They want someone who will be straight with them and tell them the truth and not bullshit them. They want to know where they stand with their teacher/leader. They want someone who excites and motivates them and makes growth/learning fun and rewarding. They want to like them and trust them to lead them to a good place. But most of all they want to respect them and be respected by them. There really isn't much difference except for the scale. One leads a small group and the other leads a nation, but the principles are the same.

Many people argue that women will vote for Hillary en masee because Black America voted for Obama en masse. But it's a different demographic and, according to my research, society approaches it in a far different way. Personally, I do not think women will turn out en masse for Hillary simple because she is a woman. In fact, I think a large segment of women will vote against her, in some regard, because she is a woman and because she is elderly. I have talked to many women on this issue and I hear it said a LOT "I want a woman to be president but not THIS woman". I never heard a black person say about Obama "I want a black man to be president but not THIS black man".

See the difference?

So I am open to your thoughts. I think Hilary has a lot going against her...she is corrupt, she is a liar, she is the poster child for government corruption and everything that is wrong with government, but we all know that. I want to focus on this gender issue and see what effect you think it will have and how it is similar or different than the racial aspect with Obama.

And for the record...I am not saying that I endorse the findings of my research; that they are right or fair or whatever. Actually I think they are totally unfair and completely fucked up....but it is what it is and that's just how society reacts.

I welcome your thoughts

As long as Trump is the GOP nominee, it doesn't matter who the Dem's nominate. He cannot win the General.

There is little doubt that Hillary spent her entire adult life covering up her husband's infidelities and swallowing what was left of her personal pride in exchange for political power. Wouldn't a psychiatrist diagnose her condition as a form of mental illness?

Ok I think people are either misunderstanding or attempting to twist my thesis, so let me attempt to make it clear. I am not saying that Hillary will not get the majority of women's votes. Of course she will. Women voters tend to lean to the left so she would get that naturally simply because she is the Democratic candidate...or almost certainly will be. That's not a point I am trying to argue.

In the last two elections we saw black America turn out in record numbers to overwhelmingly elect a black man for president. People think that this will happen again because Hillary is a woman. All I am saying is that it won't happen that way. People are more likely to vote for a black MAN because he is a black MAN, but they are less likely to vote for a white WOMAN simply because she is a WOMAN.

With Obama we had a lot of things in the last election. We had a unified black America that was energized. We had a Republican nominee that was Mormon, and believe me...I know a LOT of faithful Republican voters that didn't vote at all because they would not vote for a Mormon....not just a few...a LOT. So we had an energized demographic in black America and a Republican base that had a problem with Romeny's religious affiliation. There was more to it of course, but it's those little things that make the difference in an election.

ALL I am saying is that we cannot expect the same kind of wave for Hillary based on her gender that Obama enjoyed because of his race. They are two completely different animals and how society deals with those biases are totally different. You cannot equate how a woman feels about other women in the same way that a black person feels about other black people.

So my point is that people who are expecting a Hillary win simply because America wants to put a woman in the Oval Office MAY.....MAY....be very surprised. What Obama faced in regard to bias is totally different than what a woman faces. That's all I am saying.

There is little doubt that Hillary spent her entire adult life covering up her husband's infidelities and swallowing what was left of her personal pride in exchange for political power. Wouldn't a psychiatrist diagnose her condition as a form of mental illness?
Most politicians are mentally ill. Clinton is no different than any of the others.

Ok stop right there. I am not even going to read the rest. Bush didn't fuck up the economy. If you knew anything about government you would know that the president has no direct control over the economy. That's all up to Congress and the Fed. The president only has control if he has a Congress that is willing to advance his agenda and in Bush's last two years he had a hostile Democratic Congress who refused to listen. In fact, the record is clear. Bush appealed to Congress multiple times to intervene warning of a financial collapse and it was Barney Frank and the Democrats who controlled Congress who refused to take action despite Bush's warnings.

That shit might work with your average dip shit punk, but it doesn't work with me Joe. You should know that by now

You were the one who predicted the Weird Mormon Robot would win.

Bush was President. It's his economy. Deal with it.

Incidently, the Democratic Congress was just fine with going along with Bush in trying to put out the fires he started. He got all the bailouts of his Wall Street Buddies he wanted. Stop trying to absolve Bush.

If you recall I made that prediction about 4 months before the election and at that time it was an accurate snapshot of where we stood. Then I got busy with work and didnt post until after the election. between my last post and the election, things changed. That happens.

But your statement simply reinforces what I am saying. By calling Romney the "weird Mormon robot" you reinforce my thesis that Romney's defeat was due, in part, to his religious affiliation and not his political positions.

Thanks for supporting my posiition.

As interesting as this has been, I think we have gotten away from the point of the OP. There have been some good points made that would be more appropriate for other threads, but let's get back to the OP and the effect of gender

There isn't one.

Women aren't stupid. they aren't going to vote for guys who are going to take away their rights.

Obama got 55% of the female vote. It wasn't because "they thought he was cute", it was because Romney apparently thought that you working folks are making too much money.[
Here's the reality, as opposed to the OP: If Hillary wins, it will be because of the female vote, not in spite of it.

The exact opposite of the OP is the case. Her gender is a hurdle with men, not with women. Women have far more resentment over the male attitude that women "can't do a man's job" than they do toward another woman.

Well that's the perception and that's certainly what the left is trying to convince everyone of but according to research it's not the case. It's not men that have a problem with women, although some do obviously...there are no absolutes, but for the most part it's women that have a problem with other women.

Just look at your normal life and it's easy to see. Guys are usually somewhat chill. If guys get into a fight, they deal with it and it's over. The past is the past for the most part. As men, very generally speaking, we can get into a dispute that almost comes to blows and 60 minutes later it's ancient history as if it never happened. That's not the way women work, dude.

You and I can disagree passionately, but we can still go have a beer and shoot pool and have a good time. It doesn't work that way with women. You are trying to see women in the same way as men operate and that's a foolish mistake

I am starting this thread because of a discussion on a different thread so forgive me it the OP sounds similar to what I posted there. I think the concept deserves it's own thread.

For over 10 years I taught at a college in Arizona and I was very interested in identifying barriers that my students may have against me as an instructor so that I might be able to over come them and maximize their learning. This led me to spend several years researching natural biases that people may have that might create such a barrier to accepting me as a teacher, leader, and/or authority figure. I didn't just read other studies, I conducted experiments of my own and my results enforced the other studies. Now for the record, this is not me giving my personal opinion on right and wrong. This is what I have discovered in research. Here are my conclusions and I think this has application to Hillary and this election::

- In the modern age, we think of racial bias as the most prevalent because it's in our faces through media and history, but actually gender and age bias are more common in American society. Race is more and more becoming a "multiplier"; that is, if a person doesn't like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY dislike them and when they like someone of a different race they tend to REALLY like them. But women and the elderly have it pretty tough. People tend to look at the elderly and think their ideas are outdated even though they have lived far more life than the rest of us and are far more experienced. But I want to focus on women for a sec.

- The rules are different for men and women. We say both genders should be treated the same, but that's not how people react to the same stimulus. For example, if a man uses sarcasm it is usually received positively. He is thought of as funny, witty, amusing, etc. But if a woman uses sarcasm it is usually received negatively. She is though of as a bitch. For a student to believe that a male teacher cares about their success all he has to do is say so. If he says "I care about your success" that tends to be enough, but a woman has to do more. She has to take action to prove that she cares. She has to help them solve a problem, or do something to demonstrate that she cares before a student will believe that she does.

- Curiously, it is not men who are the biggest offenders in regard to discriminating against women. It is women themselves. My research suggests very strongly that women discriminate against other women FAR more than men discriminate against women. It makes sense if you bring it down to a personal level. Many women simply do not trust other women. There have been times in my life where I had to work closely with a woman or I have had a female friend and to me it was just friendship and nothing more and my wife has said to me 'I trust YOU, I just don't trust HER'. I think there is something there that women see men as easily seduced by other women (which is true...let's be honest) and thus they have to "defend their territory" and that creates a natural distrust of other women...but that's another conversation.

- Usually, and generally speaking, men inherit positive attributes while women do not. In other words, usually students assume male teachers possess all the attributes they want in a teacher from the start and all he has to do is maintain it. Female teachers have to spend time proving they have those positive attributes. They are not assumed. Thus a man only has to maintain and not "blow it". A woman has to prove herself to her students.

So what does this have to do with Hillary and the election? Well what students want from a teacher is basically the same thing that voters want from a leader if you look at it very generally. They want someone who cares about their success. They want someone who is qualified and experienced in their field and knows what they are talking about. They want someone who will be straight with them and tell them the truth and not bullshit them. They want to know where they stand with their teacher/leader. They want someone who excites and motivates them and makes growth/learning fun and rewarding. They want to like them and trust them to lead them to a good place. But most of all they want to respect them and be respected by them. There really isn't much difference except for the scale. One leads a small group and the other leads a nation, but the principles are the same.

Many people argue that women will vote for Hillary en masee because Black America voted for Obama en masse. But it's a different demographic and, according to my research, society approaches it in a far different way. Personally, I do not think women will turn out en masse for Hillary simple because she is a woman. In fact, I think a large segment of women will vote against her, in some regard, because she is a woman and because she is elderly. I have talked to many women on this issue and I hear it said a LOT "I want a woman to be president but not THIS woman". I never heard a black person say about Obama "I want a black man to be president but not THIS black man".

See the difference?

So I am open to your thoughts. I think Hilary has a lot going against her...she is corrupt, she is a liar, she is the poster child for government corruption and everything that is wrong with government, but we all know that. I want to focus on this gender issue and see what effect you think it will have and how it is similar or different than the racial aspect with Obama.

And for the record...I am not saying that I endorse the findings of my research; that they are right or fair or whatever. Actually I think they are totally unfair and completely fucked up....but it is what it is and that's just how society reacts.

I welcome your thoughts

As long as Trump is the GOP nominee, it doesn't matter who the Dem's nominate. He cannot win the General.

It all depends on the presentation. Trump cant win if he keeps saying stupid shit. That will get him the nomination but it won't win the general. Republicans are in love with Trump because he is giving a big middle finger to the political establishment. I mean let's be honest...Trump has started to create an identity and that identity is "fuck you". Trump is saying to both organized partied "fuck you both" and people love him for it because it's exactly what they want to sa.

But if he gets the nomination he is going to have to chill that out a bit

See the difference?

I welcome your thoughts

It all depends on the presentation. Trump cant win if he keeps saying stupid shit. That will get him the nomination but it won't win the general. Republicans are in love with Trump because he is giving a big middle finger to the political establishment. I mean let's be honest...Trump has started to create an identity and that identity is "fuck you". Trump is saying to both organized partied "fuck you both" and people love him for it because it's exactly what they want to sa.

A bit? He would have to walk back all his lies and insults. And that won't be enough.

See the difference?

I welcome your thoughts

A bit? He would have to walk back all his lies and insults. And that won't be enough.

Yeah but Trump is not under suspicion of what is essentially treason and Hillary is. The woman is more than "a bit corrupt". She is the poster child of corrupt and if you deny that you are nothing more than a shill

See the difference?

I welcome your thoughts

Seriously, Jim...what the hell is wrong with you. You KNOW Hillary is corrupt. I have to search hard to find anyone who even tries to deny it. We ALL know Hillary is corrupt, but you would rather support someone you know is corrupt just because they have a D behind their name on the ballot? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

In the last two elections we saw black America turn out in record numbers to overwhelmingly elect a black man for president. People think that this will happen again because Hillary is a woman. All I am saying is that it won't happen that way. People are more likely to vote for a black MAN because he is a black MAN, but they are less likely to vote for a white WOMAN simply because she is a WOMAN.

People didn't vote for Obama because he was a black man. People voted for Obama because the GOP fucked up the economy (no lame ass arguments about how you finally got everything you wanted and it was a disaster).

With Obama we had a lot of things in the last election. We had a unified black America that was energized.

Except again, it wasn't any more unified than any past year, as I pointed out in my chart. LBJ, who used to drop the N-bomb in casual conversation, got more of a percentage of the black vote in 1964 than Obama got in 2012. Yes, MORE blacks voted but that's because demagraphically, they are becoming a larger part of the electorate as White people recede.

The reality is, the last time a Democrat won the majority of the White Vote was 1964. Minority voters put Carter, Clinton and Obama over the top. This is the new normal, and the GOP needs to find a way to address it.

Donald Trump threatening to deport Mexicans and Muslims is like the total opposite of that.

But your statement simply reinforces what I am saying. By calling Romney the "weird Mormon robot" you reinforce my thesis that Romney's defeat was due, in part, to his religious affiliation and not his political positions.

Guy, that's not good evidence. I Hate Mormons, as in I would like to see their sick little cult banned AND send all their sorry asses off to a deprogramming camp. But that was just me, and frankly, even though I was being pretty honest about it, I still have people whining I said it 5 years later. While the Evangelicals fought Romney tooth and nail in the primaries, in the GENERAL election, they voted for him because the Evangelical Movement has been pretty fucking racist.

In fact, Romney did as well as George W. Stupid did in 2004 with White Evangelicals (and far better than McCain). He did better with White Catholics than Bush or McCain. He did better with Jews. The only groups he did worse with were Blacks, Hispanic Catholics and Atheists.

exitpoll-1.png

Romney could have been a worshiper of Dread C'Thulhu and the Evangelical Right would have supported him in the General. He could have promised to perform Eldritch Ceremonies to summon the Great Old Ones back to this plane, and the "Christian Right" would say, "Well, at least we got that Ni66er out of the White House!"

The thing is, Romney got a HUGE pass on his religion in 2012. So you didn't have anyone in the media or the Democratic side talking about the bizarre stuff Mormons actually believe, like God living on the Planet Kolob and them becoming Gods in the Afterlife to rule over their own planets.

Yeah but Trump is not under suspicion of what is essentially treason and Hillary is. The woman is more than "a bit corrupt". She is the poster child of corrupt and if you deny that you are nothing more than a shill

guy, I think it depends on what you consider "Corrupt". Starting a war on ginned up intelligence over weapons that didn't exist and your Vice-President's former company rakes in BILLIONS in no-bid contracts is pretty fucking corrupt to me. And Treasonous, as far as I'm concerned.

Hillary not using the right server to send an e-mail that was retroactively classified for no good reason. Not so much.

Seriously, Jim...what the hell is wrong with you. You KNOW Hillary is corrupt. I have to search hard to find anyone who even tries to deny it. We ALL know Hillary is corrupt, but you would rather support someone you know is corrupt just because they have a D behind their name on the ballot? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

What is wrong with us is that we KNOW they are ALL corrupt. Every Last Fucking One of them.

Now, I used to be a Right Winger who voted for Bush because he wasn't a guy who cheated on his wife like Clinton did. The problem is, he also didn't know how to run the country, and at the end of his 8 years, I had taken a 20% pay cut during his recession, my Mortgage was under water and my 401K was busted. I count myself lucky that no one I cared about came home from Iraq in a wheelchair or a body bag, but that's cold comfort.

SO honestly, I really, truly don't care that the Clinton Foundation is shaking down rich people for favors, and I don't care if Hillary sends out Seal Team Six to whack Bill's ex-mistresses.

You show me a guy on your side that will make MY life better, and I will consider it. But all I see on your side right now is a bunch of guys who've been bought and paid for by the Koch Brothers and Sheldon Adelson.

See the difference?

I welcome your thoughts

And you have nothing. The only incriminating link you can post is from some RW loon site. While Donald tells a lie a week.

Forum List

Back