Honestly....Why did trump surround himself with so many liars?

I think we’re gonna end up with some watered down concept of border security and a ‘beware of dog’ sign.

Is there anyone in D.C. who isn't a liar?

You seriously wonder if every, single person in Washington D.C. is a liar?

So you are considering the possibility that every, single military person in Washington D.C. is a liar? Every, single person who works for the FBI?

Please.

There are LOTS of honest people in D.C....not just those in the military/FBI either. TONS of government employees who do a fantastic job and who are decent people.

And it is obvious (to me) why Trump surrounds himself with people of dubious repute. He appears to demand loyalty above all else. And almost anyone who believes in loyalty over ethics/honor is usually a loser. Plus, Trump is not an honorable man - he has proven that time and time and time again.
So...he ends up surrounding himself with losers.
And anyone decent he hires who is not loyal - he seems to fire.

It’s how Trump supporters justify it of course.

Just why did trump surround himself with liars? Putting the real possibility of a criminal conspiracy aside.....Why so many liars?
They are his peers, his "kind", like to like you know?

Just why did trump surround himself with liars? Putting the real possibility of a criminal conspiracy aside.....Why so many liars?

Self-delusion requires it.

Rump's own self-delusion consists of lying to himself about himself; then he simply directs the same delusion to lying to others about himself. Clearly if you're going to live in that self-imposed bubble you'll need liars who will agree to the same lies. And that requires liars.

You can't have people around who will tell you the truth, AND live in self-delusion. You gotta pick one or the other. Rump made his choice eons ago.

At least he's consistent.
14tb1g (1).jpg

Is there anyone in D.C. who isn't a liar?

You seriously wonder if every, single person in Washington D.C. is a liar?

So you are considering the possibility that every, single military person in Washington D.C. is a liar? Every, single person who works for the FBI?

Please.

There are LOTS of honest people in D.C....not just those in the military/FBI either. TONS of government employees who do a fantastic job and who are decent people.

Yes, the military too and especially the FBI. My sister is in the military and she said one of the last places she'd ever want to be assigned is D.C. It's full of backstabbing and politics, even in the military ranks.

Because he is one terrible judge of human character?

He judges people and accepts then because they share his morals or lack thereof....

the idiots that voted for him are too damn stupid to know when they are being lied to ...
I believe that the establishment was going to destroy him and he had to accept establishment people into his administration when he became the Repub nominee in 2016. The influence of his family may have been an affect also. It was easy for the establishment to cause strife as the have been in charge for many decades. Perhaps it is like Jackie Robinson going to the Major Leagues to break the color barrier. Like Robinson he takes/took constant condemnation and accusations by people/other players/fans/voters and from those who say/said very little with also. Within the family/owner circle there were people who continued to try to influence things. So Jared/Ivanka and the owners back then were holding the reigns to slow down real progress because of beliefs that needed to end. Real equality is common sense.

This might just be the most surreal post I have ever read on this site.

A freak mentally deranged narcissist who deliberately paints his own face orange, is "Jackie Robinson" now:
shakehead.gif

Words the fuck fail me.
You are talking about personality and the rest or that garbage. I am talking the uphill battle he has in Washington D.C. That is what Robinson faced in Baseball. The color barrier and the swamp.

I need no refresher on who Jackie Robinson was and what his re-entry represented. The comparison is patently absurd.

There was exactly zero collusion to keep narcissistic assholes out of the White House for sixty years. Where Robinson represents a movement forward out of a Philistine baseball past, Rump represents a hasty retreat backward to ethical hell. Robinson took on his shoulders the massive and inglorious responsibility of standing up for his people's dignity with class; Rump has never taken responsibility for a single thing in his life. Robinson endured persecution through no fault of his own, the color of his skin. Rump incites his own resistance which he intentionally creates, for the sole and voluntary purpose of just being a dick --- and then intentionally colors his skin anyway. They cannot possibly be more DISalike.

Here's what JR had in copious abundance that Rump has never smelled in his life: humility. And, obviously along with that, talent. The only thing I can think of that even remotely compares them is that they came on the scene within a year of each other. Clearly one chose the high road and the other the exact opposite.

Oh and as far as that "swamp" thing ---- Wilbur Ross and John Bolton and Betsy deVos and Steve Mnuchin and Elaine Chao and Scott Pruitt and Alex Azar and Mike Pence rate your post "hilarious".

Last edited:

I'm sure it's no different for them than it was for you justifying it for Obama.

I’ll be happy to compare the rap sheets of Obama’s cabinet and WH Staff with Trump’s. You can go first.

Ah, okay, so lying to the American people is perfectly fine as long as your guy does it less than the other guy.

Sounds about right.

Again, I’ll be happy to compare the rap sheets of both administrations. As for lying, I pointed out that Obama did tell his share of whoppers. Except I called them lies. I should have said they were “truthful hyperboles”

Remember when "you lie" was shouted out when Obama was giving a speech before Congress. Never happened before. That it just so happened when Obama was speaking...sure; not racist at all.

Because the fact he is a liar had nothing to do with it, right? When has the man told the truth about anything? I don't think he can distinguish the difference anymore. He's gotten so comfortable lying it doesn't even concern him. He makes Nixon look like Honest Abe.

Well, he's told his share of whoppers. That is for sure. Everything from keeping your insurance plan to setting limits on campaign finance. Name a President who hasn't told some degree of whoppers in their administration.

He's gone far beyond "some degree" to the point that almost nothing that comes out of his mouth anymore is truthful. He's the most dishonest and manipulative president we've ever had.

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials.

And rightly so. He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations. However, Bill Clinton got treated far worse by the Republicans than Obama has. The House actually did impeach him. The treatment that Bush got by the Democrats if fairly comparable to what Obama has endured by the right.

I think it is largely based on race.

That's because you're ignorant and biased.

You stated the following about Obama:

"He's the most dishonest and manipulative president we've ever had.”

Does he still hold the “record” in your mind?

You also stated:

"He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations”

Still feel that way? Based on what?

I'm sure it's no different for them than it was for you justifying it for Obama.

I’ll be happy to compare the rap sheets of Obama’s cabinet and WH Staff with Trump’s. You can go first.

Ah, okay, so lying to the American people is perfectly fine as long as your guy does it less than the other guy.

Sounds about right.

Again, I’ll be happy to compare the rap sheets of both administrations. As for lying, I pointed out that Obama did tell his share of whoppers. Except I called them lies. I should have said they were “truthful hyperboles”

Remember when "you lie" was shouted out when Obama was giving a speech before Congress. Never happened before. That it just so happened when Obama was speaking...sure; not racist at all.

Because the fact he is a liar had nothing to do with it, right? When has the man told the truth about anything? I don't think he can distinguish the difference anymore. He's gotten so comfortable lying it doesn't even concern him. He makes Nixon look like Honest Abe.

Well, he's told his share of whoppers. That is for sure. Everything from keeping your insurance plan to setting limits on campaign finance. Name a President who hasn't told some degree of whoppers in their administration.

He's gone far beyond "some degree" to the point that almost nothing that comes out of his mouth anymore is truthful. He's the most dishonest and manipulative president we've ever had.

Did anyone in Congress every shout "you lie" at them? There is a palpable level of disrespect for Obama from other elected officials.

And rightly so. He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations. However, Bill Clinton got treated far worse by the Republicans than Obama has. The House actually did impeach him. The treatment that Bush got by the Democrats if fairly comparable to what Obama has endured by the right.

You also stated:

"He's a crook and a liar and should be impeached for multiple Constitutional violations”

It's not my point to compare the two nor am I going to waste my time doing so when nobody's mind will be changed. My point is the shear hypocrisy. If all the TDS sufferers had given even one-tenth of the scrutiny to the prior administration that they do to this one there would be many more oppressive shitbags behind bars and far more people in this country awoke to how corrupt our government truly is.

Sounds about right.

You also stated:

It's not my point to compare the two nor am I going to waste my time doing so when nobody's mind will be changed. My point is the shear hypocrisy. If all the TDS sufferers had given even one-tenth of the scrutiny to the prior administration that they do to this one there would be many more oppressive shitbags behind bars and far more people in this country awoke to how corrupt our government truly is.

Ahh…the “I’m not going to waste my time gambit”….

Forum List

Back