How American gun deaths and gun laws compare to Canada's

Wrong. Stalin was toast until he was propped up by the UK first, and then us. You are correct that after he regained his composure he then turned the war over to the good generals he hadn't murdered in his pogroms, and THEY saved his ass. The SU did indeed fight the Germans to a standstill, but they did it with our supplies. Were our supplies not there, the SU would have collapsed. That is a fact.

That's a supposition. and while supplies are important and all, the will to fight is more important.

After all, we spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to beat the Iraqis and Vietnamese, with the best equipment in the world. didn't work, though, did it?

We gave 25 BILLION in equipment to the Iraq Army, and they dropped their weapons and ran when they saw a few dozen ISIS fighters in trucks.

It has been refuted many times. You know it and continue to trot it out. There are plenty of links that have been provided here in the firearms forum that show the factoid to be bullshit.

Yes, but the links don't really refute the numbers. The argue the reasoning. Like "Well you can't count the suicides because they'd have found some other way to kill themselves".... or "Well, one of those domestic murders involved a guy who had a criminal record". In short, you can't really argue the fact that a gun in the home is far more likely to kill somoene who lives in that home than a bad guy.

Fact is, we have 33,000 gun deaths a year, but only 200 of them involve a civilian with a gun in an act of self-defense.

Wrong. Stalin was toast until he was propped up by the UK first, and then us. You are correct that after he regained his composure he then turned the war over to the good generals he hadn't murdered in his pogroms, and THEY saved his ass. The SU did indeed fight the Germans to a standstill, but they did it with our supplies. Were our supplies not there, the SU would have collapsed. That is a fact.

That's a supposition. and while supplies are important and all, the will to fight is more important.

After all, we spent hundreds of billions of dollars trying to beat the Iraqis and Vietnamese, with the best equipment in the world. didn't work, though, did it?

We gave 25 BILLION in equipment to the Iraq Army, and they dropped their weapons and ran when they saw a few dozen ISIS fighters in trucks.

It has been refuted many times. You know it and continue to trot it out. There are plenty of links that have been provided here in the firearms forum that show the factoid to be bullshit.

Yes, but the links don't really refute the numbers. The argue the reasoning. Like "Well you can't count the suicides because they'd have found some other way to kill themselves".... or "Well, one of those domestic murders involved a guy who had a criminal record". In short, you can't really argue the fact that a gun in the home is far more likely to kill somoene who lives in that home than a bad guy.

Fact is, we have 33,000 gun deaths a year, but only 200 of them involve a civilian with a gun in an act of self-defense.

We have thugs and criminals killing each other mostly in the liberal enclaves of the is country,using illegal, not legal weapons. People like you would tell an an old women being terrorized in her own home in Detroit that she cant have a weapon to protect herself.:cuckoo:

It is not supposition. It is fact. While the SU was moving their factories east to keep them from falling into the hands of the Germans we provided them with everything they needed to continue fighting. We all understand you are a huge Stalin supporter, truly we do, you both seem to love murdering large numbers of people, but the facts are the facts. The SU had no means to prosecute the war PERIOD, if it were not for the "Arsenal of Democracy" which bailed their asses out.

I'm still waiting for the clintons and obamas to disarm their secret service bodyguards since they think that guns are so yucky and and unnecessary.

The concept here is that Canada treats gun ownership as a privilage, not a right. So instead of proving why you shouldn't have a gun, you have to prove why you should.

which actually makes a lot more sense.

Is Canada importing tens of thousands of young and mostly male unvetted muslims, like we stupidly are?

Appeals to emotion are logical fallacies; rational, thinking people will not be swayed by fallacious arguments.
So, when you think you can introduce actual reason in your arguments, let us know.
We're not vulcans ya know. Humans are emotional beings and a lot of decisions are made via emotion AND logic. Whoever said appeals to emotion are fallacies didn't know what they were talking about. I think walking around minding your own business and not wanting to get shot is good enough of a reason to ban certain guns and increase background he
Fallacious arguments are unsound.
Rational, thinking people are not swayed by fallacious arguments.
Your arguments from emotion are fallacious.
So, when you think you can introduce actual reason in your arguments, let us know.

I'm not saying that will be the outcome (to a degree), but if you think that is a reason why people want bans or restrictions then you don't have a clue.
On the contrary. You (individually, and anti-gun loons as a group) seek as much state power as you can get; the state having a monopoly on force is the greatest power of all.

I have introduced reason and I think my arguments are reasonable. Just because you think they are emotional, doesn't make it so. You could argue ANY reason is emotional. Even your so-called 'rational' ones. This 'emotional/fallacious' point of yours is just a cop-out on the wheres' and why fors of gun control.

Your nuttiness really comes to bear on your last argument. I neither covet or barrack for state power. Nor do i want it. Just another loony straw man argument trying to enforce your POV. It doesn't.

I'm still waiting for the clintons and obamas to disarm their secret service bodyguards since they think that guns are so yucky and and unnecessary.

Neither of them have said they don't like guns. Neither have said they want to ban guns. Stop making shit up.

quiet, troll.

criminals and crazies shouldn't have guns. end of story.

Humm...criminals? although set up perfectly, ill pass this time....and it's already illegal for criminals to have guns

We have thugs and criminals killing each other mostly in the liberal enclaves of the is country,using illegal, not legal weapons. People like you would tell an an old women being terrorized in her own home in Detroit that she cant have a weapon to protect herself.

So who gave the guys terrorizing her guns to start with? Oh, that's right, the gun industry that created things like the "Saturday Night Special" to make it easier for crooks to get guns.

Fact is, though, most gun deaths are suicides, domestic violence and accidents.

We have 16,000 homicides a year, less than 2000 of those are "gang related".

Humm...criminals? although set up perfectly, ill pass this time....and it's already illegal for criminals to have guns

Now if we just enforced those laws. Then we'd be on to somethingl

After a minute or two of research from what I can tell the major difference between gun laws in U.S. and Canada is:

Carrying a handgun in Canada without authorization is very illegal and there is virtually no way for you to get authorization to do so without having a job which requires it.

How To legally Get A Gun in Canada

the other major difference it is written into our Constitution recognizing the right to firearms

in Canada not so much

Ultimately, as I said before, it's the difference between a nation that was founded in violent rebellion against a horrendous tyrant, and a nation that was founded in cowering and grovelling before that same tyrant.

true we are citizens

they are subjects

We have thugs and criminals killing each other mostly in the liberal enclaves of the is country,using illegal, not legal weapons. People like you would tell an an old women being terrorized in her own home in Detroit that she cant have a weapon to protect herself.

So who gave the guys terrorizing her guns to start with? Oh, that's right, the gun industry that created things like the "Saturday Night Special" to make it easier for crooks to get guns.

Fact is, though, most gun deaths are suicides, domestic violence and accidents.

We have 16,000 homicides a year, less than 2000 of those are "gang related".

No, you fucking clown. They made cheap guns so that POOR people could afford them. Criminals like the best they can get. Yes, most gun deaths are indeed suicides which means that even if you could ban all guns the suicide rate wouldn't drop one iota as we have seen with Japan, Korea, and the Scandinavian countries where guns are outlawed and the suicide rates are higher than the USA's.

You are quite simply full of shit.

Now if we just enforced those laws. Then we'd be on to somethingl

Here we are in agreement. So you tell me...why do progressive DA's, judges, and city politicians constantly release criminals who have used guns to commit crimes? Overwhelmingly the most violent offenders are continuously released in progressive cities to continue their reigns of violence. Why is that?

Really? What stats? In a country of 320 million there are only 1.2 million violent crimes each year. Many of those are gang on gang, criminal on criminal. If you aren't involved in criminal activity the chances of needing a gun for defense are really slim. And if you did choose to carry it is hardly making you safer. The armed criminal is far more likely to shoot you if you pull a gun on them. And 17,000 are shot accidently each year, no criminal necessary.
Lol, statistical lies abound here.

First you move the goal posts and make it about violent crimes; why? Are you any less violated if a man robs you with threat of physical violence but never harms you? How many nonviolent crimes could have become violent easily had the criminal misread the victims intentions? Every crime where the assailant and the victim meet face to face is a potentially violent crime but the government does not record things that way.

Secondly no one without a death wish loses control of their gun and lets the criminal have the gun. That is a libtard myth.

Thirdly no one waits for the criminal to show up with their gun, then draws down on them, idiot. You go to the disturbance with your gun at the ready, there is no fast draw, lol.

And where do you get the stats that 17k gun owners accidentally shot themselves every year? lol I never see more than 1000 annually estimated.

If you are there face to face with the criminal it is a violent crime.

Most the instances of defense I have read the criminal has the gun drawn on the victim long before the victim knows he is a victim.
How Many Accidental Gun Injuries per Year? - The Volokh Conspiracy

Actually, according to CDC’s WISQARS, there are about 14,000-19,000 nonfatal injuries stemming from accidental shootings per year in the U.S., though only about 600 people killed in such shootings.

In a country of over 357 million guns........not a problem is it. And if the criminal has a gun on you, if you also have a gun your chances of surviving are better.....have you ever studied self defense......or actual gun self defense...obviously not...

I am aware that in a very safe country you have been duped by the defense industry into buying lots of guns and defense training. They have to make you think you are in danger to buy what they are selling. Of course statistically you are very safe, but that doesn't help their business. Somehow they still find people who aren't very bright to buy. You seem to really enjoy being duped.

Yes...and you are a twit. Every day, despite the low crime rate outside of democrat controlled cities, people are raped, robbed, and murdered and they never have advanced warning as to wether it is their turn to be a victim. I make a rational decision based on the facts free of emotion....unlike the anti gunners who fear guns on a phobia level.

You are paranoid and have an irrational fear. You put lots of money and effort into not being a victim and have the same results as most people, you are not a victim. But you enjoy being duped.

Nope. It's called the law of averages. There are very few cops in this country. There are quite a few criminals, they outnumber cops by at least 7 to one. There are however WAY more regular citizens. Regular citizen going about his business is accosted by bad guy. Cops are nowhere to be seen, so good guy defends himself. Just the way it should work.

again- a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the household than a bad guy.

And again for the umpteenth time that "factoid" has been proven to be utter bullshit.

A gun is far more likely to kill the owner than any other person.

You must be involved in criminal activity, as are your friends. I don't doubt criminals will tell you they defend themselves all the time.
Again, you demonstrate your stupidity via confirmation bias.
I have had two attempted entries into an apartment, one attempted pull over robbery, and one where a woman came into my unlocked apartment and begged me to help her and that her BF was trying to kill her. I stepped outside to see him leave when he saw me with my gun.

So that is three defenses of myself and one of a third party.

My two friends were trying to take money out of an ATM when morons walked up behind them and told them to give them the money. Instead they both pulled their guns out and the would be robbers ran.

So it seems like you and your friends are magnets or crime then. Why is that? Involved in some criminal activity are you?

Nope. It's called the law of averages. There are very few cops in this country. There are quite a few criminals, they outnumber cops by at least 7 to one. There are however WAY more regular citizens. Regular citizen going about his business is accosted by bad guy. Cops are nowhere to be seen, so good guy defends himself. Just the way it should work.

There are over 320 million people in this country. Only 1.2 million violent crimes with many being criminal on criminal. If this idiot had to defend himself 3 times he is a criminal or just too impressively stupid. He is probably just dishonest and has never defended himself once like is the case with the vast majority of people.

You're so damn stupid 1945? Japan was pretty much defeated. Wow you're a dumb ass. Where do people like you come from? is the anti american stuff part of your psychosis?

If Japan was so defeated, why were Truman and Churchill so determined to get Russia into the Pacific War? At the time of VJ Day, they still controlled half of China, half the Philippines, and most of South East Asia. Then the USSR Rolled up the Kwantung Army in less than a week.

Wrong...without us the Russians would be speaking German we diverted German for each away from Russia at least twice during critical points in the Russian invasion.......that and the fact that we gave them all of their weapons and vehicles since the Russians lost their to the initial German invasion....but nice try.

Uh, no, guy. The USSR had a pretty awesome military production machine.

Let's take tanks.

The USSR produced 62,000 tanks in WWII.

Soviet combat vehicle production during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Compared to the US, which produced 88,000. Very few of them were transfered to the USSR.

The reality is, most of the Axis Armies were fighting in the East.

Wrong...the USSR was a basket case.

again- a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill someone in the household than a bad guy.

Wrong...you keep using that lie...even the guy who said it admitted he was wrong.

Forum List

Back