How Black Were the Moors?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I have heard several times people claim the Moors were not Black. I understand that Muslim Arabs were also part of the Moors but the claim that there were not any Black Africans in positions of power and influence is laughable considering the evidence.

Oh they were black and now the sicilians are black. they might not like it, but oh well. welcome brothers. :)

I have heard several times people claim the Moors were not Black. I understand that Muslim Arabs were also part of the Moors but the claim that there were not any Black Africans in positions of power and influence is laughable considering the evidence.

I'd love to see that evidence. Where might I find it?

I'd love to see that evidence. Where might I find it?

Flag of Sardina

pt7paNC.jpg
[/IMG]

The Moors: Moor Etymology, Moors Truth, Real Moors, Moor Origins, Moorish History, True Moors, Africans in Europe

The moors were black, the were prolific slavers raiding the British Isles frequently, even setting up camps to store captive slaves prior to transportation.
It was a large scale operation.

I guess the clown that challenged me to start this thread is too afraid to show up. Anyone with some good pictures or links regarding evidence of Black Moors in Europe please post your findings. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Image of a Moor on a gate in Germany

euzUEgj.jpg

The Moors were the medieval Muslim inhabitants of Morocco, western Algeria, Western Sahara, Mauritania, the Iberian Peninsula, Septimania, Sicily and Malta.

Moors are not a distinct or self-defined people. Some were black and others were Arab.

Last edited:
Oh, no....I'm so sorry
The correct answer is The Moops

What does this discussion have to do with race relations?

Nothing and everything: At least politically, a shrinking percentage of white voters judge candidates through a racial lens, as opposed to a growing percentage of black voters. When an irreparable sense of historical injustice is added, there seems to be less and less common ground.

Put a white person next to a Moor at night and the white person would stand out,the Moor would disappear in the darkness.Now what does that say?

Forum List

Back