How Liberals Got the Electoral College Wrong

[

People in NY have their State government to implement the policies they want (within the mandate of the Constitution).

But the US is not one state. It is several. Take it to the nth degree - why not just tell the 600,000 alaskans to tell the 20 million new yorkers what to do. Why should the dem NYers even bother?

Jokes...your argument is shit...

Why does everything have to be done by the federal government? Why does NY have to impose it's "values" on people from Minnesota, or Alabama?

The States are there for a reason, to customize the rules and laws based upon local preferences. Progressives using the Feds to make the US "one size fits all" is one of the main points of contention for people on the right.

Progressives have weaponized the federal government, and are now whining that someone they detest has their finger on the trigger?

Cry me a river.

[
Nothing is more disgusting than Hillary Fucking Clinton.

So you're okay with a pussy grabbing, gold star family mocking, ripping-off sub contractor, security-ignoring, disabled-person denigrating, cock-sucking fuckwit.

Well, at least we know!
None of which became an issue until he ran for president.....so considering all of the lies and half-truths Hillary made up about him. I won't give it a second thought, because we all know the source of this information isn't credible, meaning Hillary and the mainstream media. Nothing but a pack of dishonest co-conspirators...who tried to steal the WH.

Last edited:
It's called "desperation".

They never should have promoted it as democracy’s savior.

A strange thing happened in the weeks between the presidential election and Monday’s meetings of the electors who have now anointed Donald Trump as our 45th president: A bunch of liberals fell back in love with the Electoral College. Harvard Law professor Lawrence Lessig led the charge with his attempt to convince electors that Donald Trump should not become president. Lessig argued that the Electoral College was “meant to be a circuit breaker—just in case the people go crazy,” and that Trump’s many flaws, combined with his large popular vote loss, should compel electors to vote for Hillary Clinton instead of the man who won the most votes in the Electoral College. Progressives also rallied around these so-called Hamilton electors, citing Alexander Hamilton’s “Federalist No. 68,” to argue that the Electoral College was designed to thwart the exact type of demagogue we will now have as president. Key to this reasoning was Hamilton’s proclamation that the college could reject candidates under the influence of “foreign powers.” Sound familiar?

Dear Liberals: Please Stop Pretending the Electoral College Ever Served Any Real Purpose

I liked your post but disagree with the thought the EC serves no purpose. It protects the rights of less populated states.
There's a reason why this nation is known as the United States. It is a collection of sovereign states that have agreed to cede some powers to a central government. Thus, the EC, because the national popular vote was never intended to elect a president.

The sweet point is that the RaTz ballooned federal power, then lost all control of it. Payback is a bitch.
That is a very important point. Those who want to give the government new powers in order to get something they want never seem to remember that the same powers WILL eventually be used in ways they don't like. Better to only reluctantly give the government any new power.

The best part.....more hilary electors defected than Trump electors.....her humiliation continues....the wages of evil eventually bite you in the ass.....

Hillary might have saved a modicum of dignity, if in 2012 she had had the guts to start a primary against the black boy who humiliated her four years earlier.

In her false pride she took her chances for success for granted,only to be humiliated once again, this time by a white guy, who was written off by all the democrats.

Life is sweet.

The E. C. was created so that Boston and New York would not have popular votes to override the rest of the States for representation.
Now Dems want unequality and have California and New York of popular votes override the rest of the country.

So 10 people in Montana should make decisions for 100,000 people living in NY. Yeah. That seems fair...

No
All of them together not just one area.

okay, so if they were to put it to a vote. let's join NY and Mon together. Who do you think would be their pick for Pres??

It's not one state with another one state.
It's the collective of the whole country.

Why is the MSM not talking about the tyranny of the Left. The Left wants to change the rules so they win. Where is the outrage? Where is the investigation?

Imagine if Trump has lost and tried to criminally influence the EC? The left and their media would go fucking crazy.

No doubt. They did indeed lose their shit en masse when trump said

"I will look at it at the time,” Mr. Trump said. “I will keep you in suspense"

They are officially a joke.
This is just the beginning, but I think it foretells what the elite Left intends to do. They will stop at nothing to divide and inflame Americans. I think we are in for a very rough ride going forward...all thanks to the radical left.

Spend a little time reviewing leftist's news sources...it is amazing the shit they are writing and saying.

Unlike a pussy grabbing, gold star insulting, disabled mocking fuckwit that is about to become your pres. Please, the biggest hate is coming from the right.

What about the outrage that more people voted for Hillary. So somebody from Shitstain, Nowheresville, Montana's vote means more than somebody from NY? That's okay by you? Fuck off dickhead....

Turns out that mocking the disabled was less damaging than Hillary mocking mainstream Americans, huh?

The article is more liberal butt hurt. Another clear act of desperation.

Exactly...they have lost their minds.

This inflammatory rhetoric is likely to have harmful consequences. The lib MSM is fanning the flames.

It is all very disgusting.

But grabbing pussies isn't disgusting. But abusing disabled people isn't disgusting. But calling the election rigged unless I win isn't disgusting. But abusing a moderator who 'bleeds from anywhere' isn't disgusting.

I tell you what is disgusting Gipper, championing a throw back like Trump. That is disgusting. Did you champion the guy that is set to make the US the laughing stock of the world? Well done!

It's only fair, we're laughing at you

[

You mean the will of the illegals and welfare queens living in California and New York.

Democrats are the scum of this country and the good thing about the Electoral College is that it helps to minimize their influence, which is a good thing.

Speaking of Queens, you are the Fake News Queen. What illegals? What welfare? The EC is biased towards unpopulated state. Brilliant! Why have people in cities vote at all? Just let the Cletus's in the country decide!

The United States is just that. A union of states.

Trump won 30 of them. Hillary won only 20 plus the swamp of DC.

THAT is the MAJORITY, not the herd like rush of functionally illiterate freeloaders in blue states.

Why is the MSM not talking about the tyranny of the Left. The Left wants to change the rules so they win. Where is the outrage? Where is the investigation?

Imagine if Trump has lost and tried to criminally influence the EC? The left and their media would go fucking crazy.

No doubt. They did indeed lose their shit en masse when trump said

"I will look at it at the time,” Mr. Trump said. “I will keep you in suspense"

They are officially a joke.
This is just the beginning, but I think it foretells what the elite Left intends to do. They will stop at nothing to divide and inflame Americans. I think we are in for a very rough ride going forward...all thanks to the radical left.

Spend a little time reviewing leftist's news sources...it is amazing the shit they are writing and saying.

Unlike a pussy grabbing, gold star insulting, disabled mocking fuckwit that is about to become your pres. Please, the biggest hate is coming from the right.

What about the outrage that more people voted for Hillary. So somebody from Shitstain, Nowheresville, Montana's vote means more than somebody from NY? That's okay by you? Fuck off dickhead....

Turns out that mocking the disabled was less damaging than Hillary mocking mainstream Americans, huh?

Being disabled or being a gold Star family does not give one immunity from being total assholes, proven by the disabled asshole mocked by Trump and the Gold Star assholes who attacked Trump without provocation.

Why does everything have to be done by the federal government? Why does NY have to impose it's "values" on people from Minnesota, or Alabama?

The States are there for a reason, to customize the rules and laws based upon local preferences. Progressives using the Feds to make the US "one size fits all" is one of the main points of contention for people on the right.

Progressives have weaponized the federal government, and are now whining that someone they detest has their finger on the trigger?

Cry me a river.

Sure, at a state level. That is why you have state elections and legislators. At a federal level? I note you didn't address my point that it is okay for 600,000 Alaskans to ride rough shod over 20 million NYers.

[
Nothing is more disgusting than Hillary Fucking Clinton.

So you're okay with a pussy grabbing, gold star family mocking, ripping-off sub contractor, security-ignoring, disabled-person denigrating, cock-sucking fuckwit.

Well, at least we know!
None of which became an issue until he ran for president.....so considering all of the lies and half-truths Hillary made up about him. I won't give it a second thought, because we all know the source of this information isn't credible, meaning Hillary and the mainstream media. Nothing but a pack of dishonest co-conspirators...who tried to steal the WH.

So because it came to light during the election it doesn't count? What half truths? You're in denial. All the things I put up there (except for the cock sucking) he said and did himself on air. What, you thought it was a double talking to Billy Bush? That interview he did on 60 minutes about not needing to talk to the generals wasn't him? You're an idiot.

Cry me a river.

Sure, at a state level. That is why you have state elections and legislators. At a federal level? I note you didn't address my point that it is okay for 600,000 Alaskans to ride rough shod over 20 million NYers.
60b50c0aeaf5b8e56dd183a8b28e5027.jpg

3 million more people didn't think so...
You mean 3+ million crazy Californians, take California out of the Equation and trump won the popular vote for the rest of the nation.
We don't want crazy Cali to determining who's president... dip shit

Forum List

Back