How many employees have bosses that applaud and reward them for doing nothing?

Don't confuse Medicare, an entitlement program; you are entitled to it because you or your spouse paid for it through Social Security taxes,

Wrong.

Medicare is not paid in anyway with Social Security taxes. It's paid through it's own tax system. Look at your paycheck sometime, it's all right there.

with Medicaid which is a federal program for low-income, financially needy people, set up by the federal government and administered differently in each state..

Wrong again.

Medicaid is a STATE "and" federal program, with the states funding significant portions of it on their own. The states set the standards on who is eligible to receive Medicaid as well. Of the three big entitlement programs (Medicare, Soc Security, and Medicaid), Medicaid is EASILY the "least" federalized.

Before you debate issues you should first educate yourself

Look who's talking.

How is it funded?
  • Payroll taxes paid by most employees, employers, and people who are self-employed
  • Other sources, like income taxes paid on Social Security benefits, interest earned on the trust fund investments, and Medicare Part A premiums from people who aren't eligible for premium-free Part A
How Medicare is funded Medicare.gov

So Medicaid is funded jointly. That doesn't take away my description of it.

We have a saying on the manufacturing shop floor, the 30 years I have worked full time

"Get these dumb mother fucking college kids off the floor, make them God damn pencil pushers, we don't care, Let us get it done"

Exactly. College educated kids today are miles below an experienced employee. I don't care about your education, I prefer to hire based on hands-on experience. It does me no good knowing you can read a book to pass a test.
Yup, a big Difference between Knowledge and wisdom

Guys like me Don't give a crap if managers are on Salary making a few bucks more we are on overtime, bitches
And we can make more then middle management and get stuff done.

That's true, my fellow Louisianian, but how many of those are around here?

Oh come on ... Y'all both know a Kappa Sig with a graduate degree in Political Science and a Masters in Art Bell's Coast to Coast program is a lot more fun to have around and easier to find.

Last edited:
Don't confuse Medicare, an entitlement program; you are entitled to it because you or your spouse paid for it through Social Security taxes,

Wrong.

Medicare is not paid in anyway with Social Security taxes. It's paid through it's own tax system. Look at your paycheck sometime, it's all right there.

with Medicaid which is a federal program for low-income, financially needy people, set up by the federal government and administered differently in each state..

Wrong again.

Medicaid is a STATE "and" federal program, with the states funding significant portions of it on their own. The states set the standards on who is eligible to receive Medicaid as well. Of the three big entitlement programs (Medicare, Soc Security, and Medicaid), Medicaid is EASILY the "least" federalized.

Look who's talking.

How is it funded?
  • Payroll taxes paid by most employees, employers, and people who are self-employed
  • Other sources, like income taxes paid on Social Security benefits, interest earned on the trust fund investments, and Medicare Part A premiums from people who aren't eligible for premium-free Part A

Income taxes on Social Security benefits is not in anyway the same as paid for with Social Security taxes like your post clearly states.

You were wrong, it's simple. Yes Medicare is obviously funded through fed income taxes partially, but to relate income taxes on social security benefits to social security taxes is dead wrong.

That's true, my fellow Louisianian, but how many of those are around here?

Oh come on ... Y'all both know a Kappa Sig with a graduate degree in Political Science and a Masters in Art Bell's Coast to Coast program is a lot more fun to have around and easier to find.

Or liberal arts.

Womyn's Studies. Gotta love a Master's in Womyn's Studies. It qualifies you to do SO much: both the drive-thru window AND the Fryolator.

Wrong.

Wrong again.

Look who's talking.

How is it funded?

Income taxes on Social Security benefits is not in anyway the same as paid for with Social Security taxes like your post clearly states.

You were wrong, it's simple. Yes Medicare is obviously funded through fed income taxes partially, but to relate income taxes on social security benefits to social security taxes is dead wrong.

Bottom line moron is we pay into it. It's not a handout.

nope, he submitted one budget and it was voted down in the senate 99-1.

So, you're saying for a fact that President Obama has only submitted ONE budget since becoming president?

didn't say that, I did not use the word "only", now, how many budget bills has he signed into law in the last 6 years?

Here is what you said: "the only budget that obama submitted was voted down by his own party."

then I misspoke. how many did he submit to congress?

To my knowledge, he has submitted a budget to Congress for each year he was required to; however, I believe some of them were submitted late.

He had no problem submitting a "budget" to Congress, because he knew Reid would make sure it never saw the light of day. He could be as crazy as he wanted to, knowing he would never be held accountable. President "present", indeed.

So, you're saying for a fact that President Obama has only submitted ONE budget since becoming president?

didn't say that, I did not use the word "only", now, how many budget bills has he signed into law in the last 6 years?

Here is what you said: "the only budget that obama submitted was voted down by his own party."

To my knowledge, he has submitted a budget to Congress for each year he was required to; however, I believe some of them were submitted late.

He had no problem submitting a "budget" to Congress, because he knew Reid would make sure it never saw the light of day. He could be as crazy as he wanted to, knowing he would never be held accountable. President "present", indeed.

Are you really that crazy?

Are you crazy enough to believe otherwise? For years, no budgets were passed. Democrats were in control, and Obama didn't complain at all.

Are you crazy enough to believe otherwise? For years, no budgets were passed. Democrats were in control, and Obama didn't complain at all.

How many years were Democrats in control - that no budgets were passed? Please cite "credible" sources...

Last edited:

How many years were Democrats in control - that no budgets were passed? Please cite "credible" sources...

Parliamentary procedure Why the Senate hasn t passed a budget The Economist

Three and 1/2 years. I challenge you to find a "credible" source that claims the Senate passed a budget in 2010, 2011, or 2012.

Three and 1/2 years. I challenge you to find a "credible" source that claims the Senate passed a budget in 2010, 2011, or 2012.

Okay, please tell us WHY those budgets were not passed - with "credible" sources...

Romney says Obama failed to pass a budget - PolitiFact

Last edited:

Okay, please tell us WHY those budgets were not passed - with "credible" sources...

because Reid would not allow them to be discussed or voted on in the senate. He held every budget bill and would not allow any to reach the senate floor. The house has passed budget bills every year and every year Reid has not allowed a vote on them in the senate. That is fact, dingleberry.

They weren't passed because they weren't voted on. What kind of "source" do you need for that? Why don't you just say what you're attempting to insinuate instead of playing games? If you think the Senate was justified in breaking the law by not passing a budget, say so and why.

They weren't passed because they weren't voted on. What kind of "source" do you need for that?

Try this...

They weren't passed because they weren't voted on. What kind of "source" do you need for that?

Try this...

What does that have to do with anything? Harry Reid was bound by law to pass a budget. If he didn't like Obama's, he had both the right and the responsibility to write his own and craft a compromise with the House. He didn't do so.

Try this...

What does that have to do with anything? Harry Reid was bound by law to pass a budget. If he didn't like Obama's, he had both the right and the responsibility to write his own and craft a compromise with the House. He didn't do so.

Then why isn't Harry Reid in jail?

Forum List

Back