How The NRA Enables Massacres

Who says the mentally ill should have access to guns?

We used to keep mentally ill in hospitals where they were supervised and not allowed to harm anyone.

Um, yeah, usually without any regard for the civil liberties and not much effort made to actually treat them. Which is why those places were closed down.

You mean the civil liberties outlined by those slave-owning old white guys?

Um, no, most of those civil liberties came from later amendment. But good try, man, good try.

Incidentally, I think the ruling that unleashed thousands of mentally ill people onto our streets was just batshit insane.

What's the answer?

Well, the family warned the police WEEKS before the killings....maybe if they had done their job 6 innocents would still be alive. And, don't forget, three were stabbed to death. Last time I checked gun control laws don't work on knives. Hell, they don't work on criminals either.....

It's hard for cops to detain people BEFORE they commit a crime.

Cops can't just waltz in and jail people because somebody calls and says they're creepy. If they could, 9/10 of the statist posters on this site would be in jail.

That's not true. With this mans history he could and should have been placed on a 72 hour hold where the professionals could have looked him over. This wasn't done because the cops got lazy.

Well, the family warned the police WEEKS before the killings....maybe if they had done their job 6 innocents would still be alive. And, don't forget, three were stabbed to death. Last time I checked gun control laws don't work on knives. Hell, they don't work on criminals either.....

Cops can't just waltz in and jail people because somebody calls and says they're creepy. If they could, 9/10 of the statist posters on this site would be in jail.

That's not true. With this mans history he could and should have been placed on a 72 hour hold where the professionals could have looked him over. This wasn't done because the cops got lazy.

And because Rodger's psychiatrist, after receiving his manifesto, didn't alert authorities.

And because Rodger's psychiatrist, after receiving his manifesto, didn't alert authorities.

The medical association won't allow the confidentiality clause to be rejected so the Dr can likely prevent murder.

The NRA has been after them for years to allow info to the authorities so those dangerous psychos so they can't buy guns. Everyone, including liberals, should support the NRA.

Who says the mentally ill should have access to guns?

We used to keep mentally ill in hospitals where they were supervised and not allowed to harm anyone.

Um, yeah, usually without any regard for the civil liberties and not much effort made to actually treat them. Which is why those places were closed down.

You mean the civil liberties outlined by those slave-owning old white guys?

lol, dude, you are on a roll!

The medical association won't allow the confidentiality clause to be rejected so the Dr can likely prevent murder.

The NRA has been after them for years to allow info to the authorities so those dangerous psychos so they can't buy guns. Everyone, including liberals, should support the NRA.

It's not the medical profession.

It's the psychotic loons who make up the APA...We stupidly allowed those morons to get a foothold in our society, and as a result, our society is now depraved and schizophrenic, just like they are.

Oh, please. The NRA wants psychos to buy guns.

The NRA wants them to have guns so everyone else is scared and wants guns, too.

The NRA works the phone banks after one of these mass shootings, threatening Congressmen to make sure they don't support even the most common sense gun control.

What we need is for the Justice Department to indict the NRA under the RICO statues.

The NRA works the phone banks after one of these mass shootings, threatening Congressmen to make sure they don't support even the most common sense gun control.

What we need is for the Justice Department to indict the NRA under the RICO statues.

Absolute bullshit. Your hatred is fine. But try to stick with actual facts. Or is that too much to ask?

Absolute bullshit. Your hatred is fine. But try to stick with actual facts. Or is that too much to ask?

The facts are what I laid out.

The NRA has been a tool of the gun industry for some time, with the goal to sell as many guns as possible without any responsibility.

Maybe if we held people responsible instead of just writing it off as "Well, another mass shooting by a crazy person, that's the cost of 'Freedom', then."

Sorry, I don't feel free if I have to worry that the theater or mall or my workplace is going to become a free-fire zone because the gun industry looks at guys like Loughner and Lanza and Rodgers and Holmes as prime customers.

The NRA has been a tool of the gun industry for some time, with the goal to sell as many guns as possible without any responsibility.

Maybe if we held people responsible instead of just writing it off as "Well, another mass shooting by a crazy person, that's the cost of 'Freedom', then."

Sorry, I don't feel free if I have to worry that the theater or mall or my workplace is going to become a free-fire zone because the gun industry looks at guys like Loughner and Lanza and Rodgers and Holmes as prime customers.

Last time i checked people who kill people are held responsible.

When your rant starts out with "Oh, please. The NRA wants psychos to buy guns", you are most certainly NOT laying out facts.

The fact is that the NRA has tried continually to get the medical community to enter the names of the mentally unstable into the NICS. But the medical community refuses. So not only is your initial claim bullshit, the NRA is trying to do something about crazies buying guns.

Last time i checked people who kill people are held responsible.

You would think that would be desirable. But instead, this retard wants gun dealers to be psychics as well.

[

When your rant starts out with "Oh, please. The NRA wants psychos to buy guns", you are most certainly NOT laying out facts.

The fact is that the NRA has tried continually to get the medical community to enter the names of the mentally unstable into the NICS. But the medical community refuses. So not only is your initial claim bullshit, the NRA is trying to do something about crazies buying guns.

Um, no, they haven't.

And they blocked gun reform after Sandy Hook, which makes them culpable for every gun incident that happens afterwards.

It's not the medical profession.

It's the psychotic loons who make up the APA...We stupidly allowed those morons to get a foothold in our society, and as a result, our society is now depraved and schizophrenic, just like they are.

I should have said "APA," sorry. You are totally correct!

[

Um, no, they haven't.

And they blocked gun reform after Sandy Hook, which makes them culpable for every gun incident that happens afterwards.

"apples and oranges!" That makes you wrong, or more likely a liar!

[

Um, no, they haven't.

Um, no, not really. Their response to Sandy Hook was, "Don't you dare pass a gun law!!!"

Um, no, they haven't.

Um, no, not really. Their response to Sandy Hook was, "Don't you dare pass a gun law!!!"

The NRA knew what kinds of laws loons like you wanted to pass, and they would not have helped.

Forum List

Back