🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How To Negotiate With Terrorists: Figure Out Clearly What It Is They Want

Should we:

• Ask the terrorists now what it is they want and go from there.

• Wait awhile and have to ask them later what it is they want and go from there.

• Never ask them what they want and live in perpetual fear.

• Just dive head first into WWIII, even though they're everywhere now and no concentrated target.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny isn't it! This guy on the left wants to negotiate with murderers of civilians...
Damn good thing he is a "keyboard warrior," and not a government official, or we would all be screwed!

1. I'm not from the left. Check out some of my other threads.

2. I know you're angry and want murderous revenge. Naturally.

3. The solution though to a million unseen enemies all over the world who could blow you and your family up any time isn't your righteous anger. It's thinking the situation through using logic.

Yeah Yeah I know. "We don't negotiate with terrorists". So to you I say, "Get back to me when you're exhausted playing whack-a-mole"..

Meanwhile in the real world, some of us are wondering what exactly it is these young men blowing themselves up actually want. I mean has anyone ever sat down with any of them and said "what exactly are your demands?"

Just putting it out there. Usually when people blow themselves up, they're upset about something. Say we ask them "what are you upset about?" Maybe interview one with his voice changed or just with a shroud blocking his face. "What are your demands?"

Would it really hurt to ask? Would it really hurt to listen? What's more painful, all these insane acts of violence or just setting national pride aside and saying "OK, you've got our attention". I mean it's obvious they have our attention. That cat has already been out of the bag for some time. So might as well acknowledge it.

I suspect if they could enunciate their demands and desires in a list or something, it would 1. Better help them understand what they are for (or against) and 2. Get them to focus on specific goals instead of just random and fruitless acts of violence just for violence's sake. 3. Once they are focused, they could appoint leadership to issue demands and perhaps the UN could grant them an audience? Perhaps draw up a treaty?

Anyone who is familiar with "The Godfather" understands that what's going on isn't all that different from mob wars. You can hold out and act proud for only so long but when the horse's head winds up in your bed, you have to wake up and realize a truce might be the best way to go.

I know I'm going to get tons and tons of criticism for this idea but frankly I don't give a crap. You know how I am.

It's actually quite easy. They want death. Either ours or theirs. It doesn't matter to them. So I say we give it to them first.

How about this?
How to negotiate with terrorists?
Ask them what they want.
Give it to them and then give them some more and hope they go away....

I'm sure there are a lot of people in the world that would love this approach.

It's actually quite easy. They want death. Either ours or theirs. It doesn't matter to them.

Well, state the obvious why don't you..lol..

The point of this thread is WHY? And if they don't have a lucid or binding reason, I want them to offer some up so we can begin asking them what they will be happy with. It might shock them to know they don't have a binding principle. See what I mean?

I'd like them to quote from the Koran what their demands are. I want them to be reading it cover to cover to be sure they're intimately familiar with all of it so they can properly enunciate what they want. Right now I don't even think they know.

They remind me of the 1960s "free love" movement where hippies just slept around anywhere and protested anywhere just to belong to the counterculture movement...but without most of them really truly understanding or caring why. They just wanted to belong. This is sort of the violent version of that in the young men of the arab cultures. It could be they have so much money, like we did just before the 1960s, that they're bored...they just want a revolution to call their own because they're bored and their culture has become stale to them?

Just sort of throwing that one out there..

Some people seem to be under the illusion that this is a war we can win. I think that is something we tell ourselves so we can sleep better at night. We will not change these people's minds, period. You cannot reason with them. We can't kill them all. We can try, but we never will. All we can do is fight them to the best of our ability and hope they go back to killing each other.

Maybe we should start using fake social media accounts of one sect making fun of the other using cartoons, then we get out of the way and they blow each other up. I don't know.
The only way to deal with these animals is to crush their bones and kill

As many as possible

It's clear what they want. They've been saying it for years: stay out of their country and quit bombing them. Now its too late, our shitty foreign policy created this whole mess.

It's now a conundrum. The more we bomb and attack them, the more it only serves as a recruitment tool. It reflects exactly what they are being told. There's a war against Islam. Every time a bomb drops they need only to say "See?" Doing nothing at this point won't solve it either. They are hell bent on taking over the world.

It's a giant mess and the US doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done to beat them into submission. We cannot win this war by waging war the way we do. This is a fact.

It's actually quite easy. They want death. Either ours or theirs. It doesn't matter to them.

Well, state the obvious why don't you..lol..

The point of this thread is WHY? And if they don't have a lucid or binding reason, I want them to offer some up so we can begin asking them what they will be happy with. It might shock them to know they don't have a binding principle. See what I mean?

They are insane. That should be abundantly clear. Hence they can't be reasoned with. They can be killed or they will kill you. It truly is that simple.

As many as possible

They feel the same way, only they have more money than you and more of them than you, and they're spread all around the world while your "army" chases its ass around trying to see where the mole will pop up next.

It's kind of silly, your position. It is inoperable within the confines of the present reality.

It's clear what they want. They've been saying it for years: stay out of their country and quit bombing them. Now its too late, our shitty foreign policy created this whole mess.

It's now a conundrum. The more we bomb and attack them, the more it only serves as a recruitment tool. It reflects exactly what they are being told. There's a war against Islam. Every time a bomb drops they need only to say "See?" Doing nothing at this point won't solve it either. They are hell bent on taking over the world.

It's a giant mess and the US doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done to beat them into submission. We cannot win this war by waging war the way we do. This is a fact.

Even if we were to stay completely out of their country, they would still be doing the attacks. It has now evolved into a religious war and it will remain in effect until either the whole world is converted to Islam (and even then they figure out ways to kill each other off) or we kill off all of the jihadis (unlikely), or they finally have their version of the Reformation, and evolve.

You're funny. On the one hand you accurately identify the root of the problem: That the US's foreign blood-for-oil Cheney bullshit is what got us to where we are today. So in saying that, you are identifying the angry arabs as the victims of US bullshit.

Then, in the very next breath you say "what needs to be done is beat them into submission!". That's like saying "yeah, we gave the Sioux smallpox infected blankets and now they're lashing back and scalping the pioneers trying to make it out to Oregon...sneaking in the night with the advantage of invisibility and surprise...then your "solution" for that would be "to beat the crap out of the Sioux some more".

People just need to realize what logic is. People need to pay attention to what logic is.

As many as possible

They feel the same way, only they have more money than you and more of them than you, and they're spread all around the world while your "army" chases its ass around trying to see where the mole will pop up next.

It's kind of silly, your position. It is inoperable within the confines of the present reality.
Of course I have clearly stated that is the only thing they understand

So my position is far from silly yours is not only silly it is dangerous

Since you yourself admit violence is all they understand

According to ISIL propaganda, they want to establish a caliphate in the ME, and then convert the rest of the world to Islam.

No, I don't think that you can negotiate with terms like those.
But, why are they attracting people to fight for them that had no interest in Islam earlier?

The want us OUT of the Middle East. Remember, it was putting US boots on the ground, at the Saudi's request to protect them from a rampaging Saddam, that got us in this. Bush41 should go down in history as a terrible president for doing it. If not for the Glaspie memo, Saddam would have stayed out of Kuwait and none of this would have happened.

Even if we were to stay completely out of their country, they would still be doing the attacks. It has now evolved into a religious war and it will remain in effect until either the whole world is converted to Islam (and even then they figure out ways to kill each other off) or we kill off all of the jihadis (unlikely), or they finally have their version of the Reformation, and evolve.
Agreed, its too late at this point. We can defeat them though but the bureaucrats and sissy Admirals/Generals don't have the stomach to do whats needed to get the job done. If we got the bureaucrats out of the way, fired 99% of the Admirals/Generals and replaced them with the real warfighters the US could degrade their ability to fight in 6 months. Probably put enough fear into them that they wouldn't even want to fight any more. They don't fear the US military, or any military for that matter, because they know we fight with both arms tied behind our backs and blindfolds

Silhouette- you are stupid, ignorant and delusional.

I actually read about this crap and have been reading about Middle Eastern Affairs for decades. I am neither pro- or con- Muslim or Christian or Jew, Arab or Israel.

Which is exactly why this topic is too nuanced for you and you belong nowhere near it...
Silhouette- you are stupid, ignorant and delusional.

I actually read about this crap and have been reading about Middle Eastern Affairs for decades. I am neither pro- or con- Muslim or Christian or Jew, Arab or Israel.

If you want to know more about ISIS- read this book

Black Flags: The Rise of ISIS: Joby Warrick: 9780385538213: Amazon.com: Books
Silhouette is more interested in lefty talking points

Silhouette is concerned with her fantasies. Most of them are her anti-gay crusade.

Lately her fantasies have gone towards the election and now she thinks she has a solution to terrorism.

She is delusional in all of her threads.

Hardly left wing.

You're funny. On the one hand you accurately identify the root of the problem: That the US's foreign blood-for-oil Cheney bullshit is what got us to where we are today. So in saying that, you are identifying the angry arabs as the victims of US bullshit.

Then, in the very next breath you say "what needs to be done is beat them into submission!". That's like saying "yeah, we gave the Sioux smallpox infected blankets and now they're lashing back and scalping the pioneers trying to make it out to Oregon...sneaking in the night with the advantage of invisibility and surprise...then your "solution" for that would be "to beat the crap out of the Sioux some more".

People just need to realize what logic is. People need to pay attention to what logic is.
No no no...not beat the crap out of them some more. Annihilate them as in decimate them as in totally destroy thousands upon thousands of them in a short period of time. Annihilate them so badly that their will to fight will be gone and the 'few' who remain will be terrified to even join the cause.

Agreed, its too late at this point. We can defeat them though but the bureaucrats and sissy Admirals/Generals don't have the stomach to do whats needed to get the job done. If we got the bureaucrats out of the way, fired 99% of the Admirals/Generals and replaced them with the real warfighters the US could degrade their ability to fight in 6 months. Probably put enough fear into them that they wouldn't even want to fight any more. They don't fear the US military, or any military for that matter, because they know we fight with both arms tied behind our backs and blindfolds

So how many American lives should we lose to go into the Middle East and 'route' out all of the terrorists?

How much more are you willing to pay in taxes for that war?

If you are of military age- are you serving? If you are not- you willing to send your son or daughter there to end the MIddle East's problems?

No no no...not beat the crap out of them some more. Annihilate them as in decimate them as in totally destroy thousands upon thousands of them in a short period of time. Annihilate them so badly that their will to fight will be gone and the 'few' who remain will be terrified to even join the cause.

How?

Do you think we should do as someone else suggested- just nuke the entire Middle East?

Carpet bomb all of Syria and Iraq?

Carpet bomb anywhere an ISIS member has been sighted- from Somalia to Afghanistan?

Carpet bomb Brussels?

Forum List

Back