🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How To Negotiate With Terrorists: Figure Out Clearly What It Is They Want

Should we:

• Ask the terrorists now what it is they want and go from there.

• Wait awhile and have to ask them later what it is they want and go from there.

• Never ask them what they want and live in perpetual fear.

• Just dive head first into WWIII, even though they're everywhere now and no concentrated target.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's clear what they want. They've been saying it for years: stay out of their country and quit bombing them. Now its too late, our shitty foreign policy created this whole mess.

It's now a conundrum. The more we bomb and attack them, the more it only serves as a recruitment tool. It reflects exactly what they are being told. There's a war against Islam. Every time a bomb drops they need only to say "See?" Doing nothing at this point won't solve it either. They are hell bent on taking over the world.

It's a giant mess and the US doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done to beat them into submission. We cannot win this war by waging war the way we do. This is a fact.

You're funny. On the one hand you accurately identify the root of the problem: That the US's foreign blood-for-oil Cheney bullshit is what got us to where we are today. So in saying that, you are identifying the angry arabs as the victims of US bullshit.

Then, in the very next breath you say "what needs to be done is beat them into submission!". That's like saying "yeah, we gave the Sioux smallpox infected blankets and now they're lashing back and scalping the pioneers trying to make it out to Oregon...sneaking in the night with the advantage of invisibility and surprise...then your "solution" for that would be "to beat the crap out of the Sioux some more".

People just need to realize what logic is. People need to pay attention to what logic is.
No no no...not beat the crap out of them some more. Annihilate them as in decimate them as in totally destroy thousands upon thousands of them in a short period of time. Annihilate them so badly that their will to fight will be gone and the 'few' who remain will be terrified to even join the cause.

How?

Do you think we should do as someone else suggested- just nuke the entire Middle East?

Carpet bomb all of Syria and Iraq?

Carpet bomb anywhere an ISIS member has been sighted- from Somalia to Afghanistan?

Carpet bomb Brussels?
Here's how.
1. Fire the current Admirals/Generals
2. Replace them with actual war fighters
3. Get the bureaucrats completely out of the way
4. Remove all ROE and let Military decide if there will be ROE
5. Give Military any and all requested equipment (including troops)
6. Let the military wage war on THEIR OWN terms.

To sum it all up, unleash the dogs of war and let the war fighters do their job however they see fit. No more bureaucrats getting in the way of how the military wages war. It will be ugly, it will be barbaric and the atrocities will be horrific, but that's war. Time to instill fear in the enemy. So much fear that they lose their will to fight completely. Massive loss of life in a short period of time tends to do that to troops. That's how you win. They take one, we take 1,500

LOL
  • So you want to fire every Admiral and General that actually has experience managing a war.....so
  • You can have 'actual war fighters'- and who are these? Some PFC? Maybe a Master Sergeant?
  • You want the military to operate without any civilian control....that has turned out so well for so many countries.....
  • No more 'rules of engagement'......who in the military will decide about the ROE?
  • Certainly the military should have the equipment that they need- you might want to talk to Congress about that.....
  • What if the military decides the best course is not to wage war in the Middle East?
Most of the Admirals and Generals who were actually combat experienced were fired by Obama. He has put in place a bunch of skirt wearing sissies who are clueless on waging war.

Yes a military should operate without any civilian control. When someone goes in to get a heart transplant are there a bunch of civilians there telling the doctor how to perform the operation? Didn't think so.

Who in the Military will decide ROE? No idea, thats for them to decide.

If you fire all the Admirals and Generals and put war fighters in key positions the decision to wage war will be made. These guys are itching to do their jobs and do them properly.

If your unfamiliar with the ROE that our fine men and women had to deal with over there I suggest you familiarize yourself with them. They are fucking ridiculous.

May I add Syriusly, that if war fighters were in leadership positions there would have been no way in hell those sailors would have been captured by the Iranians and humiliated.

You're funny. On the one hand you accurately identify the root of the problem: That the US's foreign blood-for-oil Cheney bullshit is what got us to where we are today. So in saying that, you are identifying the angry arabs as the victims of US bullshit.

Then, in the very next breath you say "what needs to be done is beat them into submission!". That's like saying "yeah, we gave the Sioux smallpox infected blankets and now they're lashing back and scalping the pioneers trying to make it out to Oregon...sneaking in the night with the advantage of invisibility and surprise...then your "solution" for that would be "to beat the crap out of the Sioux some more".

People just need to realize what logic is. People need to pay attention to what logic is.
No no no...not beat the crap out of them some more. Annihilate them as in decimate them as in totally destroy thousands upon thousands of them in a short period of time. Annihilate them so badly that their will to fight will be gone and the 'few' who remain will be terrified to even join the cause.

How?

Do you think we should do as someone else suggested- just nuke the entire Middle East?

Carpet bomb anywhere an ISIS member has been sighted- from Somalia to Afghanistan?

Carpet bomb Brussels?
Here's how.

To sum it all up, unleash the dogs of war and let the war fighters do their job however they see fit. No more bureaucrats getting in the way of how the military wages war. It will be ugly, it will be barbaric and the atrocities will be horrific, but that's war. Time to instill fear in the enemy. So much fear that they lose their will to fight completely. Massive loss of life in a short period of time tends to do that to troops. That's how you win. They take one, we take 1,500

LOL
  • So you want to fire every Admiral and General that actually has experience managing a war.....so
  • You can have 'actual war fighters'- and who are these? Some PFC? Maybe a Master Sergeant?
  • You want the military to operate without any civilian control....that has turned out so well for so many countries.....
  • No more 'rules of engagement'......who in the military will decide about the ROE?
  • Certainly the military should have the equipment that they need- you might want to talk to Congress about that.....
  • What if the military decides the best course is not to wage war in the Middle East?
Most of the Admirals and Generals who were actually combat experienced were fired by Obama. He has put in place a bunch of skirt wearing sissies who are clueless on waging war.

Yes a military should operate without any civilian control. When someone goes in to get a heart transplant are there a bunch of civilians there telling the doctor how to perform the operation? Didn't think so.

If you fire all the Admirals and Generals and put war fighters in key positions the decision to wage war will be made. These guys are itching to do their jobs and do them properly.

If your unfamiliar with the ROE that our fine men and women had to deal with over there I suggest you familiarize yourself with them. They are fucking ridiculous.

Indeed. The ROE in Viet Nam was stringent as hell - but nowhere near as bad as they are today. When you have to relay information about the enemy to the TOC - then to Bn HQ, then BDE HQ and, "hopefully" it comes back as whether or not to engage within an hour - you are lucky. I've heard horror stories about guys being under fire for 45 minutes while they waited for a "ENGAGE" order. Never made any sense to me.

Thankfully, I was only in ROV for 9 months before being wounded. We never waited on an order to return fire. You shoot at us - we were going to light you up.

Screw the fat-asses in the rear.

As for Barry firing many of his high ranking officers - what else would we expect? It's much easier to fight a war with leaders who have never seen combat, wouldn't you agree? :)

It's clear what they want. They've been saying it for years: stay out of their country and quit bombing them. Now its too late, our shitty foreign policy created this whole mess.

It's now a conundrum. The more we bomb and attack them, the more it only serves as a recruitment tool. It reflects exactly what they are being told. There's a war against Islam. Every time a bomb drops they need only to say "See?" Doing nothing at this point won't solve it either. They are hell bent on taking over the world.

It's a giant mess and the US doesn't have the stomach to do what needs to be done to beat them into submission. We cannot win this war by waging war the way we do. This is a fact.

Dude, ISIS has killed other Muslims as well as Christians...did those Muslims bomb them? ISIS grew to power BECAUSE we allowed them to be seen as "winning" a war against the West...THAT is what they used a recruiting tool not that we bombed them!

The group most victimized by ISIS are Muslims- ISIS has murdered more Muslims by a vast degree- than Christians or Jews or other groups.

According to Cereal...those must be Muslims that have been bombing other Muslims...right? Hmmmm...not really...

How?

Carpet bomb Brussels?
Here's how.

LOL

Indeed. The ROE in Viet Nam was stringent as hell - but nowhere near as bad as they are today. When you have to relay information about the enemy to the TOC - then to Bn HQ, then BDE HQ and, "hopefully" it comes back as whether or not to engage within an hour - you are lucky. I've heard horror stories about guys being under fire for 45 minutes while they waited for a "ENGAGE" order. Never made any sense to me.

Thankfully, I was only in ROV for 9 months before being wounded. We never waited on an order to return fire. You shoot at us - we were going to light you up.

As for Barry firing many of his high ranking officers - what else would we expect? It's much easier to fight a war with leaders who have never seen combat, wouldn't you agree? :)
Insanity right?

Here's a dose of ROE stupidity for you to read about in Iraq.

Politically Correct Rules of Engagement - Discover the Networks

We CANNOT continue to wage war like this. You don't respect customs in war. War is about death and destruction. On top of the bad guys dying-- innocent people will die, women will die, and children will die. The loss of innocent life will be horrific to witness, but war is messy. This is why the decision to go to war should NEVER be taken lightly. It's horrific and the loss of innocent life will pile up. I believe war should be avoided at all costs

I despise war and wish it on no one, but if we are going to go to war it must be done right. Unfortunately doing it "right" is a hard pill to swallow.

You know, this "war" does remind me a lot of the Vietnam issue. The boogeyman hiding everywhere in a terrain in which he controlled the element of surprise....the US there for economic reasons that had nothing to do with actual freedom for anyone. It was about tea and rubber plantations the French, British and US were trying to monopolize on Vietamese soil....kind of like the oil.

Yep. Unseen boogeymen, bombs going off unexpectedly in random places.....BTW, how did that war work out for us crawling on our bellies in the mud, barely aware of our peripherals, trying to keep up with the ever-wiley Vietcong who always had the element of surprise working for them?

Oh, that's right, we LOST that war. Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. So, I refer readers back to the OP for ideas on how to win a war when the enemy has the element of surprise working for them.

I submit that the enemy would not feel the need to sneak around and blow themselves up if they felt like their sovereign culture and resources were not being forcibly removed from them. Am I saying the US should convert to Islam? No. That would be unacceptable for anyone to force anything on us as well. What I am saying though is that between the US economic infringement in the ME with the oil (let's face it, there would be ZERO other reasons for us giving a flying fuck about the place), and the cultural depravity we are piping out through the air waves, we can't really honestly in all truth sit back and say "I just don't GET why these guys are going around doing such extreme things to put us back on our heels!!?"...

Three words for you: BigOil + "Caitlyn" + Jenner. You want to know why they're blowing themselves and everyone else up? That's it, in a nutshell. Proceed from there.

Last edited:
There is no 'boogeyman' in what is going on today.

As so many people point out, there are 'good Muslims' out there. Yes, they are the ones who are not as 'devout' - those who do not choose to be as devoted and 'devout' to the exact teachings of the Quran. The 'devout' Muslims adhere to the specific teachings and gravitate to and embrace Jihad. They believe in a holy war with Non-Muslims and that Non-Muslims must be killed. Islam is a militant faith built, partially, on strength, dominance, and submission. The Jihad is actually very easy to understand. he is extremely 'devout' - what most westerners would call 'radical' in his faith, belief, and adherence to the Quran (and their definition/interpretation).

Westerners have given up such faithful observance on religion and do not understand that level of devotion, simply dismissing such as 'radicalism'. To a Jihadi / devout Muslim it is their life. Westerners are not at war with Islam...but devout Muslims ARE at war with ALL Non-Muslims. Westerners reject the extreme faithfulness and adherence of these devout Muslims...and devout Muslims reject and are disgusted by the lack of faithfulness and commitment of westerners to the God they claim to follow.

It's not 'good' versus 'evil'...it's one devout Muslim following's faith versus all Non-believers.

There is no 'boogeyman' in what is going on today.

As so many people point out, there are 'good Muslims' out there.

It's not 'good' versus 'evil'...it's one devout Muslim following's faith versus all Non-believers.

Uh, OK, so who blew up the airport in Brussels then? Santa Claus? Where did I say we should hate all Muslims? Try to read the part about testosterone infused, wild, reckless young radical Muslim men if you can. They are like all young men throughout time: completely susceptible to their hormones and tendency to violence for any or no reason at all, and older silverbacks/ideals manipulating them into warring against others...even blowing themselves up...if they feel they can attach this natural suicidal male-bravado "onto a cause" (insert cause here, varies from culture to culture and era to era).

I want them to make a list of their demands: what will suit them so they feel their cause is complete. Or at least that they got something significant and meaningful out of a compromise. They say (today in this era, from their ME perspective) that they want the West out of their oil fields and the West depravity to subside. So, listen to them. Offer a deal. Compromise some. See what happens. Meanwhile, don't hate on all Muslims. But the trouble is because of these radicals we all now cast a suspicious eye on all of them. That is normal for the more reptilian part of our brains that notices patterns and reacts to them out of a sense of self-preservation.

Who blew up the airport in Brussels? Radicalized 'devout' Muslims.

You didn't say we should hate all Muslims. I wasn't even specifically talking to you. I was addressing the title of this thread: ' What It Is They Want.' I apologize if you thought I was talking to you, or - especially - attacking you. I wasn't.

What Islamic Jihadist 'radical' Muslim 'extremists' want is simple - YOU, and all other Infidels like you, to convert to Islam or die.

Sorry for the confusion - have a nice day and a great weekend.

(For the record, if I am talking or responding to someone I always (99%) use the quote feature.)

You didn't say we should hate all Muslims. I wasn't even specifically talking to you. I was addressing the title of this thread: ' What It Is They Want.' I apologize if you thought I was talking to you, or - especially - attacking you. I wasn't.

What Islamic Jihadist 'radical' Muslim 'extremists' want is simple - YOU, and all other Infidels like you, to convert to Islam or die.

No, my skin isn't that thin. I'm more about clarity than perceived offense to my ego.

Well if they want *me* to convert to Islam or die, I'd like to know exactly what they'd expect a devout Muslim convert to do in America? Are we allowed to eat certain foods? Wear certain clothes? What precise set of laws would they have us follow. I'd need them to read the Koran back to front twice to figure out exactly what they'd require of us. See what I mean? Alexander the Great could tell them managing the whole world from a central theological or physical locale is very difficult. Would they be happy perhaps if the West *we* were just less perverse and in the world's face about our unchecked social diarrhea wrapped in a rainbow flag?...for instance?... Maybe if we let them control their own oil resources, traded fairly food for oil? Less smut and squirming mental perversions piped out through the airways perhaps?

These are things we could discover if a conversation was opened up at the UN. Cheney and company would fiercely resist this discourse though. All the oil barons of the West and smut-peddlers will freak the fuck out about it...and that's both sides of the aisle. So, hence the difficulty.

Of course the European countries' leaders likely privately know all this. And in a sense they must be furious at the root of the blockade standing between them and a peaceful neighborhood in that region.. If they were all instantly aware of the reason there will be no peace talks with the frightened (violently angry, same thing) Muslim extremists..the whole of Europe would turn the eye of Saruman on the tiny group of extremists in the West who are pulling all the levers behind the curtain..

Strangely, the Pope does have a role in all this after all. His influence could change things. So maybe he will initiate a concrete set of negotiations instead of flowery passive speeches, burning incense & pomp & circumstance? He should be more like a matador. The beast needs to be gaffed, grabbed by the horns and wrestled to the ground. America is not the beast. Real, actual Christians who are humble are not the beast. The beast is the smallish groups in America fancying that they run the entire place and are the voice for the rest of us..manipulating us through our media to believe we share a common mind with them. These people have nothing to do with a real sublime faith. Quite the opposite.

Last edited:
You're 'getting down into the weeds', as they say, Silhouette. no one really needs to go any further than the first statement - 'Convert or die'. That alone is unacceptable. I don't care what the term 'Convert' means or entails, in great specific detail once I have 'converted'. Their 'option' is NOT an option.

If you truly want to know, and don't already know, however, just look around, read, and research more. Complete oppression of women, female genital mutilations, women fully covered, no schools or jobs for women, murdering homosexuals, prayers 5 times a day (or so), no pork, etc....

None of that, to me, matters as much as the NON-Choice being offered to me of forsaking my own faith and converting to theirs or dying. Instead of concessions, appeasement, etc the line must be drawn and a stand taken.

Not to belittle the Muslim faith or what is going on, but the 'spoiled child' wants what it wants, is lying on its back kicking and screaming in the middle of the aisle at Wal Mart, and is determined not to give in until it get what it wants. If it attains compromise from the 'parent' more and more instead of sternly being disciplined and learns its boundaries it becomes more and more of a problem.

The govt seems not to have a problem with disciplining and telling 'Christianity' (and other faiths) - so why are they so hung up about not wanting to offend the radical 'devout' Islamic Extremists? Is it fear of having their heads cut off if they 'offend' them so they work more to appease in hopes we will be 'pals' in hopes they stop wanting to behead us? If so, ain't gonna happen!

Getting down to the weeds is what solutions are all about. I assume you're interested in a solution to the problem?

No, my skin isn't that thin. I'm more about clarity than perceived offense to my ego.

Well if they want *me* to convert to Islam or die, I'd like to know exactly what they'd expect a devout Muslim convert to do in America? Are we allowed to eat certain foods? Wear certain clothes? What precise set of laws would they have us follow. I'd need them to read the Koran back to front twice to figure out exactly what they'd require of us. See what I mean? Alexander the Great could tell them managing the whole world from a central theological or physical locale is very difficult. Would they be happy perhaps if the West *we* were just less perverse and in the world's face about our unchecked social diarrhea wrapped in a rainbow flag?...for instance?... Maybe if we let them control their own oil resources, traded fairly food for oil? Less smut and squirming mental perversions piped out through the airways perhaps?

These are things we could discover if a conversation was opened up at the UN. Cheney and company would fiercely resist this discourse though. All the oil barons of the West and smut-peddlers will freak the fuck out about it...and that's both sides of the aisle. So, hence the difficulty.

Of course the European countries' leaders likely privately know all this. And in a sense they must be furious at the root of the blockade standing between them and a peaceful neighborhood in that region.. If they were all instantly aware of the reason there will be no peace talks with the frightened (violently angry, same thing) Muslim extremists..the whole of Europe would turn the eye of Saruman on the tiny group of extremists in the West who are pulling all the levers behind the curtain..

Strangely, the Pope does have a role in all this after all. His influence could change things. So maybe he will initiate a concrete set of negotiations instead of flowery passive speeches, burning incense & pomp & circumstance? He should be more like a matador. The beast needs to be gaffed, grabbed by the horns and wrestled to the ground. America is not the beast. Real, actual Christians who are humble are not the beast. The beast is the smallish groups in America fancying that they run the entire place and are the voice for the rest of us..manipulating us through our media to believe we share a common mind with them. These people have nothing to do with a real sublime faith. Quite the opposite.

HUH?

WTF?

The ONLY "conversion" that Muslims want the US to carry out is:

Cease and desist intervening in the middle east
Cease and desist killing Muslims
Cease and desist subsidizing the Palestinian Holocaust being perpetrated by Israel

Aint that easy?

HUH?

WTF?

Cease and desist subsidizing the Palestinian Holocaust being perpetrated by Israel

Aint that easy?

Bullshit. Apparently you aint been listening.

HUH?

WTF?

Aint that easy?

Bullshit. Apparently you aint been listening.

Listening to whom...the Zionists, American Likudnicks, Israel's Amen corner?

You know, this "war" does remind me a lot of the Vietnam issue. The boogeyman hiding everywhere in a terrain in which he controlled the element of surprise....the US there for economic reasons that had nothing to do with actual freedom for anyone. It was about tea and rubber plantations the French, British and US were trying to monopolize on Vietamese soil....kind of like the oil.

Yep. Unseen boogeymen, bombs going off unexpectedly in random places.....BTW, how did that war work out for us crawling on our bellies in the mud, barely aware of our peripherals, trying to keep up with the ever-wiley Vietcong who always had the element of surprise working for them?

Oh, that's right, we LOST that war. Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it. So, I refer readers back to the OP for ideas on how to win a war when the enemy has the element of surprise working for them.

I submit that the enemy would not feel the need to sneak around and blow themselves up if they felt like their sovereign culture and resources were not being forcibly removed from them. Am I saying the US should convert to Islam? No. That would be unacceptable for anyone to force anything on us as well. What I am saying though is that between the US economic infringement in the ME with the oil (let's face it, there would be ZERO other reasons for us giving a flying fuck about the place), and the cultural depravity we are piping out through the air waves, we can't really honestly in all truth sit back and say "I just don't GET why these guys are going around doing such extreme things to put us back on our heels!!?"...

Three words for you: BigOil + "Caitlyn" + Jenner. You want to know why they're blowing themselves and everyone else up? That's it, in a nutshell. Proceed from there.

We did NOT lose "that war". Folks, like yourself, in Washington DC refused to allow us to win that war. And both you and George Santayana are correct. The way we are fighting this war - promises to end the same way Viet Nam did - with America capitulating to terrorists.

I guess that it will make you feel "better" about yourself, though.

The jihadists could use a couple hundred thousand girls between 12 and 17 as brides. When does the round up start?

Getting down to the weeds is what solutions are all about. I assume you're interested in a solution to the problem?
Some people think you can always fix any problem by TALKING. That is NOT the case.
When someone is so radical that they want you dead because you exist, breathe, and refuse to give up everything you beleive in, to include free will / choice, you will not be able to change their mind through any amount of talk.

Some people think you can always fix any problem by TALKING. That is NOT the case.
When someone is so radical that they want you dead because you exist, breathe, and refuse to give up everything you beleive in, to include free will / choice, you will not be able to change their mind through any amount of talk.

They want you dead because your ilk has murdered their families, destroyed their country's infrastructures , their employers, ad nauseam

I understand that you don't want to believe that the US is not a continuing criminal enterprise, but it is.

Forum List

Back