I Believe It's Quite Possible That JD Vance Does Not Pay Taxes

Editor’s Note: Abigail Disney is an Emmy-winning documentary filmmaker, activist, and member of the Patriotic Millionaires. Her latest film, “The American Dream and Other Fairy Tales,” co-directed with Kathleen Hughes, made its world premiere at the 2022 Sundance Film Festival. Morris Pearl is the chair of Patriotic Millionaires, and former managing director of BlackRock. The opinions expressed in this commentary are their own.

we should start by ensuring that the ultra-rich pay more of what they owe the country that made their success possible.

There are three changes to the tax code that would help us do just that:

Warren Buffett Wants Higher Taxes For The Ultra-Rich, Including Himself — Says 'My Friends And I Have Been Coddled Long Enough'​

He said it. There was a Charlie Kirk show he said it on. You can search it out. Trump has to have known about this before he picked Vance as his running mate.

JD Vance suggested America should 'punish' people for not having children​

I think the most telling thing to come out of this is that every one now sees taxes as punishing.

The tax code has long been used for social engineering. The Govt rewards what they view as "good" and punishes what they view as "bad"
Of course, and I was merely pointing out that until now not every one admitted taxes are punishing...now there can be no denying [at least between us] that those who wish to tax success see it as bad.

well look at that, the OP is "suggesting" we 'punish' success.
Reading and comprehension not your strong suit.

JD Vance: reward the things that we think are good, punish the things that we think are bad: individuals without children should pay higher taxes​

He said it. There was a Charlie Kirk show he said it on. You can search it out. Trump has to have known about this before he picked Vance as his running mate.

Of course, and I was merely pointing out that until now not every one admitted taxes are punishing...now there can be no denying [at least between us] that those who wish to tax success see it as bad.

Nobody has said taxes in general are punishing, just that they can be used that way.

It is not a punishment to pay taxes to maintain the roads I drive on.

Makes sense actually
Thanks for posting.

well look at that, the OP is "suggesting" we 'punish' success.
  • Fake News
Reactions:Procrustes Stretched
proving the thread is based on fake news

Taxes were never based on how much work or effort went into making the money. A person working 60-80 hours a week to make $120,000 is taxed at the same rate as someone who does absolutely nothing and gets $120,000 a year from a trust fund.

Forum List

Back