I can't blame the Trumpsters

If a government or group outside your family can turn you against someone through sheer speech, your mind is incredibly weak

This election has turned entire families against each other. It has gotten to a point where politics, certain words or opinions can cause a brother to disown a sister, husband to a wife.

Speech is powerful. Whether you want to believe it or not.

This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

So, enjoy. You earned this.
Good post, Mac. Thanks.

For this conservative though it's not just the Regressive Left that I've had a problem with for years. The Republican party has been derelict for a long time in delivering what we've elected them to do, thus the rebellion this go-round against our professional politicians who sought the party's nomination. Trump spoke and lots of us, as well as others, listened and bought in. From day one I and others I know felt exactly what Trump eventually said to black voters, "Whadaya got to lose?" The professionals we'd trusted and voted for for years didn't deliver, so it was a no brainer, for me at least, to kick 'em all to the curb this time.

"Mad as hell and not gonna take it any longer," Alex for $100.

The Dems have learned that sooner or later, ridiculing people in an attempt to suppress them backfires.

Yes. And you were told that you were being ridiculed for disagreeing with the "Dems".....which felt good to you. You bought it.

Congratulations.

Funny that you pretend to be independent and whenever politics come up you have two modes: Everyone is the same and full of shit or Dems are all the same and full of shit.
No, he's still independent, but it doesn't require being one to be tired of all the liberal PC bullshit.
I get that from the crazies on both ends.

Adherence to hardcore partisan ideology distorts perceptions; it creates selective attention.

They see only what they want to see and filter out contrary information.
Yes, we see that from you....

This victory lap you're taking is long and loud, and I have to admit I can't blame you.

It's not just that Trump won. It's not just that you now have control of the White House, House, Senate, Supreme Court (soon) and state houses. Holy shit, that's all worth celebrating, to be sure.

But it's also the complete release of decades of pent-up anger and frustration over what the Regressive Left has gotten away with, while they mocked and insulted you. That's the part with which I can identify and agree.

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree. Counting down the days that you DIE. Mocking your religion while defending another. Teaching your kids to hate their country. Not just screaming about it, but forcing it all into the culture.

Trump came out and talked about jobs, borders and security. And as repulsive as he is, that was the winning message. And the Democrats turned themselves into a regional party that only specializes in dividing people.

Technically the Trump wing really only won the white house. The rest of the branches are still dominated by rank and file Republicans.

But he did allow for the release of a lot of pent up frustration, anger and indignation. People have gotten tired of being accused of being some form of evil for not following the social progressive party line.

Were you called evil by someone?

Funny that you pretend to be independent and whenever politics come up you have two modes: Everyone is the same and full of shit or Dems are all the same and full of shit.
No, he's still independent, but it doesn't require being one to be tired of all the liberal PC bullshit.

Adherence to hardcore partisan ideology distorts perceptions; it creates selective attention.

The fact that he can recognize the difference shows otherwise.

So the way to beat democrats is to become democrats?

Yes.
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil" -- Lelouch vi Britannia, Code Geass

... and some people say Modern American Politics is insane.. pffffttttt :rolleyes:

I've been thinking something similar.

If the Dems were to behave like republicans in congress...and oppose every initiative regardless of merit...and filibuster every nominee....

......they would LOSE SUPPORT FROM THE DEM BASE.

You should pay better attention to the world around you.....

He's an excellent example of my point.

Such a good example, in fact, he has a place of honor in my sig.

the victory lap shouldn't be so loud when a majority of voters voted against you. they had their internet troll as presidential candidate..... so internet trolls like the white supremacists on this board liked him.

sorry, his "message" was about bigotry and making america white, christian and male again. the fact that anything else he said mattered is a reflection on the moral turpitude of the people who voted for him.

So the way to beat democrats is to become democrats?

Yes.
"To defeat evil, I must become a greater evil" -- Lelouch vi Britannia, Code Geass

... and some people say Modern American Politics is insane.. pffffttttt :rolleyes:

I've been thinking something similar.

If the Dems were to behave like republicans in congress...and oppose every initiative regardless of merit...and filibuster every nominee....

......they would LOSE SUPPORT FROM THE DEM BASE.
The democrats took the bar......

You LWNJs best run for your safe spaces now.....it's going to get very ugly for you....

It only mirrors the weeping and gnashing of teeth of the left.

If they'd just take their defeat like men, wed move on to saving the Republic (not the "Democracy")

the victory lap shouldn't be so loud when a majority of voters voted against you. they had their internet troll as presidential candidate..... so internet trolls like the white supremacists on this board liked him.

sorry, his "message" was about bigotry and making america white, christian and male again. the fact that anything else he said mattered is a reflection on the moral turpitude of the people who voted for him.
Awwww.....Trump won....

And it's because of you that Democrats have Keith Ellison. Because they can't contain their hatred of Jews, Whites, and Christians. When you manage to nominate someone other than Keith Ellison, then you can complain further.

It's a good thing the majority doesn't rule in our presidential elections. The Democratic party as it stands now is a good result of why.

I do. I start by not pinning labels on people or making unfounded assumptions. Hard to do sometimes, but it's entirely doable.

It's a good thing the majority doesn't rule in our presidential elections. The Democratic party as it stands now is a good result of why.
Indeed, it's a regional party right now.

Amazing how political fortunes can turn on a dime. Before this election, the GOP was teetering on the same problem.

But then it turned out that the rest of the country has had enough of the crap the PC zealots have been selling.

I do. I start by not pinning labels on people.
I just let people label themselves....then point it out to other people....

See what I mean now by paying better attention.....

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree.

There's name calling and insults on both sides. "Libtards", "DemocRats", "Snowflakes".

Your criticism seems less like a neutral observation than a polemic against liberals, but I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Well, it's a polemic against the people who have taken over the Democratic party. I wouldn't characterize them as traditional liberals.

My nightmare scenario - one party having all the power - came to fruition, and some of the responsibility is with them.

Hey Mac..some questions. Part 1:

Looking at US economic performance between 2009 and 2016, would you be inclined to say that it has improved or worsened during that span of time?

Has economic opportunity for middle class Americans improved or declined during that period?

The Democrats have been screaming about bathrooms, birthday cakes, burkas, triggers, cultural appropriation, BLM and building safe spaces. Punishing you for expressing your opinion. Calling you all kinds of nasty names any time you dared to disagree.

There's name calling and insults on both sides. "Libtards", "DemocRats", "Snowflakes".

Your criticism seems less like a neutral observation than a polemic against liberals, but I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Well, it's a polemic against the people who have taken over the Democratic party. I wouldn't characterize them as traditional liberals.

My nightmare scenario - one party having all the power - came to fruition, and some of the responsibility is with them.

Hey Mac..some questions. Part 1:

Looking at US economic performance between 2009 and 2016, would you be inclined to say that it has improved or worsened during that span of time?

Has economic opportunity for middle class Americans improved or declined during that period?
Conditions have clearly improved on a macro level. I can't quote figures on the middle class, but I'd guess it's somewhat better.

No further "parts" are required. I believe nothing you say, and your opinion is of no value to me. As you know.

There are plenty of right wingers here with whom you can play.

Thanks.

If a government or group outside your family can turn you against someone through sheer speech, your mind is incredibly weak
This election has turned entire families against each other. It has gotten to a point where politics, certain words or opinions can cause a brother to disown a sister, husband to a wife. Speech is powerful. Whether you want to believe it or not.
They refuse to admit the damage being done by their religion on a macro scale.

Even with the devastating effects of the election, though, they will continue to defend it. It's now in their DNA. It's a natural reaction.

Forum List

Back