I will never vote Democrat

Of course you're throwing your vote away trying to make an illogical point.

Can you define logic?

Something that you're lacking. There are two political parties, the Republicans, and the Democrats. Unless you vote for one of the two, you're throwing away your vote.

maybe you are throwing your vote away......you are voting for the same old shit....and then you will bitch about the same old shit for the next 4 years....cut the fucking cord.....

Can you define logic?

Something that you're lacking. There are two political parties, the Republicans, and the Democrats. Unless you vote for one of the two, you're throwing away your vote.

The point is that if you vote for either, you're throwing away a useful vote. They're both going to screw you. People have to start voting with their backbones.

apparently some people like the same old shit......some people are like that.....:eusa_eh:

You are rewarding incompetence. You are avoiding short term pain for even bigger long term pain. Just how low are you going to keep letting the Republicans go, huh?

Let the "bad guys" win, and the "good guys" will be forced to finally get their shit together.

Every time you vote for a party, you are telling them they are doing something right. Do you feel the GOP is doing something right? I don't. So why the fuck are you sending them the message they ARE doing something right?

Make them EARN your vote.

Keep voting for the lesser of two evils, you will get more and more evil.

So your advice is to vote for the greater of two evils?

You voted for Obama, dinja?

or Republican

ever again.

I find voting for third party candidates pretty useless. It's great if you really agree with a third party candidate, but the fact is that most third party candidates are off in lala land with many of their ideas, and if you support one of them, you too are most likely off in lala land with your beliefs.

The problem isn't so much the parties or even the candidates; it's the fact that voters generally refuse to send their representatives packing when they do not do their jobs in a manner that is satisfactory to the electorate. It's always the fault of Congressmen/women and Senators from those other districts. That and the simple fact that too many of these representatives serve way too long, leading to more opportunities for corruption or just being lackadaisical, is why Congress as a whole is completely ineffective.

in other words.....you have a flag of one of the big two stuck in your ass and that is that.....pull it out and cut the cord.....

Yeah, that long national nightmare of peace and prosperity. Thank God Shrub was there to rescue us from that disastrous path.

Weren't the 9/11 hijackers getting flight training in America during that nightmare of peace and prosperity? Why yes... Yes they were.

wasn't Shrub warned in a PDB that Bin Laden was determined to strike within America? Why yes... Yes he was.

and of course Al Gore and company would have prevented that from happening ....right?....

or Republican

ever again.

What's the alternative? Libertarians? They've never managed to get over 2% of the votes. Greens? Don't really want to go back to living in trees and eating grass. Constitution party? Bunch of religious nutjobs. Tea party? Just a republican shell game.

Face it, the deck is stacked against third parties. The only way to create change is from within.

well you are not going to get that with the current Parties......you think they want to change?....

I have voted Libertarian in the past, but grew disillusioned with them. They always seem hugely popular on the internet, but when election day comes around they are lucky to get over 1% of the vote. I can't bring myself to vote for Republicans. I think the only one of them I've ever voted for was my old Senator, Mark Hatfield. None of the other small parties have any appeal to me, so that leaves the Democratic party. I try to vote in the primaries for the candidates I most agree with. Doesn't always work out. It is what it is.

Why do people think they're making some political statement by either voting third party or not voting at all? In fact, both have the same overall effect, save for the warm feeling some people apparently get from thinking they've proven a point. At the end of the day, you still live in a country ruled by a two-party system, and you can't extricate yourself from that unless you leave.

and as long as people have your attitude and are too scared to cut the Fucking Democrat/Republican cord.....it will never change.....

No, there are several political parties. The fact that you believe there are only two speaks to your ignorance. Why waste your vote on the status quo?

No, there are two parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, the rest are the wacko offshoots of the aforementioned.

I don't waste my vote, I'm a Republican that votes Democrat because I'm pro middle class.

you also have a Democrat flag stuck in your ass....

What's the alternative? Libertarians? They've never managed to get over 2% of the votes. Greens? Don't really want to go back to living in trees and eating grass. Constitution party? Bunch of religious nutjobs. Tea party? Just a republican shell game.

Face it, the deck is stacked against third parties. The only way to create change is from within.

well you are not going to get that with the current Parties......you think they want to change?....

I have voted Libertarian in the past, but grew disillusioned with them. They always seem hugely popular on the internet, but when election day comes around they are lucky to get over 1% of the vote. I can't bring myself to vote for Republicans. I think the only one of them I've ever voted for was my old Senator, Mark Hatfield. None of the other small parties have any appeal to me, so that leaves the Democratic party. I try to vote in the primaries for the candidates I most agree with. Doesn't always work out. It is what it is.

hey at least you are being honest.....let me ask you something.....if a Third Party guy was making more sense than the BIG 2 would you vote for him/her?.....

[

Joe hates religion and religious people altogether. He thinks its an impediment to his lifestyle and a stain on society. When in all actuality his bigotry is the stain, and we are here to cleanse it. If he had a real interest in bettering our country, he would vote on principle and policy, not just on policy, not just on principle, and most certainly not popularity.

Guy, here's a list of things I've never done.

Tortured a Heretic
Slaughtered a town full of Infidels.
Started a Holy War
Burned a witch (although I did date a Wiccan once, and was sorely tempted.)
Collaborated with Nazis
Suppressed Science
Validated Slavery
Molested an altar boy and covered it up.
Practiced homophobia.

You know who did all those awful things?

RELIGIONS AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE!!!!!

Frankly, I'm not sure what you think my "lifestyle" is, exactly, that is being impeded. (Sorry, my personal life is about as vanilla as you get.) But I couldn't imagine much of anything that I can do that Churches haven't been doing for centuries.

Haha, your hatred is pervasive. You're prone to stereotypes, just like this. You forget, Muslims slaughtered a town full of Jews in the mid 1920's. Muslims kill heretics and infidels, Muslims treat women as chattel, Muslims still stone people (as equivalent to burning at the stake), Haj Amin al Husseini collaborated with the Nazis to kill thousands of Jews, Catholicism is responsible for many Scientific breakthroughs; contrary to your belief, there are Muslims waging "holy war" at this very moment.

So why your your selective hatred of Christians? Or are you really that ignorant of history?

Pfft.

hey at least you are being honest.....let me ask you something.....if a Third Party guy was making more sense than the BIG 2 would you vote for him/her?.....

Well, that's why I voted Libertarian. I voted for Harry Browne over Bush 1, Clinton, and Perot. Looking back, I probably would have voted for Perot over the big 2 also.

[

and what did Wright say that was soooooo horrible? That 9-11 was God's judgement on America for her racism and colonialism?

Yeah. That's silly, especially considering there is no God. But no sillier than Pat Robertson saying that Gays and Feminists were responsible for 9/11.

can you prove that Joe?.....just askin....the smartest poster here could not,maybe you can....

Sure I can. I did a pretty darned good test in 1983.

My mother had liver cancer. I and my whole family and pretty much the whole Parish prayed for her to get better.

She died.

No God.

Proof positive.

[

Haha, your hatred is pervasive. You're prone to stereotypes, just like this. You forget, Muslims slaughtered a town full of Jews in the mid 1920's. Muslims kill heretics and infidels, Muslims treat women as chattel, Muslims still stone people (as equivalent to burning at the stake), Haj Amin al Husseini collaborated with the Nazis to kill thousands of Jews, Catholicism is responsible for many Scientific breakthroughs; contrary to your belief, there are Muslims waging "holy war" at this very moment.

So why your your selective hatred of Christians? Or are you really that ignorant of history?

Pfft.

No, I just simply don't give a fuck about Muslims. They live on the other side of the planet, and what they do on THEIR side of the planet really isn't any of my business. We have a problem with them because we keep sticking our dicks in their business.

The fact that Jews and Muslims are just as capable of slaughtering innocent people to please their Magic Sky Friend doesn't take away from the fact the Christian Churches have done a lot of truly evil shit throughout history.

[

Pfft.

No, I just simply don't give a fuck about Muslims. They live on the other side of the planet, and what they do on THEIR side of the planet really isn't any of my business. We have a problem with them because we keep sticking our dicks in their business.

The fact that Jews and Muslims are just as capable of slaughtering innocent people to please their Magic Sky Friend doesn't take away from the fact the Christian Churches have done a lot of truly evil shit throughout history.

The Christian Churches have done a lot of truly evil shit throughout history. I am hard pressed to think of any institution that hasn't done a lot of truly evil shit. Certainly, countries that have replaced God with government have done a lot of evil shit (Communism). What you are discussing is not religion perhaps but human nature. Human nature has committed a lot of evil shit as well as a lot of great "shit". If you are only going to focus of the evil shit side of religion then your world view becomes limited. It's like only pointing out the shit side of government, history, human nature,movies (Birth of a Nation), science (Dr. Mangala). To only focus on the shitty side of human nature (and by extension, church) is to embrace the study of only one side of a coin.

Last edited:
[

and what did Wright say that was soooooo horrible? That 9-11 was God's judgement on America for her racism and colonialism?

Yeah. That's silly, especially considering there is no God. But no sillier than Pat Robertson saying that Gays and Feminists were responsible for 9/11.

can you prove that Joe?.....just askin....the smartest poster here could not,maybe you can....

My mother had liver cancer. I and my whole family and pretty much the whole Parish prayed for her to get better.

She died.

No God.

Proof positive.
sorry about your Mom Joe.......but there are millions worldwide who prayed for someone who got better......

[

The Christian Churches have done a lot of truly evil shit throughout history. I am hard pressed to think of any institution that hasn't done a lot of truly evil shit. Certainly, countries that have replaced God with government have done a lot of evil shit (Communism). What you are discussing is not religion perhaps but human nature. Human nature has committed a lot of evil shit as well as a lot of great "shit". If you are only going to focus of the evil shit side of religion then your world view becomes limited. It's like only pointing out the shit side of government, history, human nature,movies (Birth of a Nation), science (Dr. Mangala). To only focus on the shitty side of human nature (and by extension, church) is to embrace the study of only one side of a coin.

Eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!! "Communists". Do they even still make those?

I do love how you guys blame Communism for being at the tail ends of Civil Wars that were already going on for decades. You know, Russia and China were such peaceful places before them Commies came along. Not.

But to get back to the point, Religions cause more damage than other institutions like movies and "science" (Dr. Mangala? Was he like a Comic Book Supervillian or something?) because at the end of the day, the REligious asshole thinks God is on his side and will reward his evil shit in the afterlife with sunshine and puppies and unlimited virgins.

She died.

No God.

Proof positive.
sorry about your Mom Joe.......but there are millions worldwide who prayed for someone who got better......

Statistically, this might be true, but that just proves that a coin flip will come up heads 50% of the time.

Far as I'm concerned, that's the only test I've performed and the only test I needed.

After that, religion is just something to be mocked, which is what I've spent most of the last 30 years doing.

i voted for a democRAT once.., JFK !!

for two reasons,
first, my mother told i better vote for him because she loved him, i had no idea or knowledge of politics at THAT time.

second, some of my close friends hated catholics.., plus strong union folks.., i hated unions and in love (read: LUST !!) with a beautiful catholic girl.

Forum List

Back