I will never vote Democrat

Why do people think they're making some political statement by either voting third party or not voting at all? In fact, both have the same overall effect, save for the warm feeling some people apparently get from thinking they've proven a point. At the end of the day, you still live in a country ruled by a two-party system, and you can't extricate yourself from that unless you leave.

Last edited:
or Republican

ever again.

I find voting for third party candidates pretty useless. It's great if you really agree with a third party candidate, but the fact is that most third party candidates are off in lala land with many of their ideas, and if you support one of them, you too are most likely off in lala land with your beliefs.

The problem isn't so much the parties or even the candidates; it's the fact that voters generally refuse to send their representatives packing when they do not do their jobs in a manner that is satisfactory to the electorate. It's always the fault of Congressmen/women and Senators from those other districts. That and the simple fact that too many of these representatives serve way too long, leading to more opportunities for corruption or just being lackadaisical, is why Congress as a whole is completely ineffective.

The only people who are in "la-la" land are the masses glued to their cell phones and televisions, talking about celebrities, and believing tyranny is not a problem and Big Gov loves them.

Ever seen the movie "Titanic." ??? Everyone was enjoying themselves, rich, middle and poor, having a great time, then within one hour they were all fighting for their lives.

Can you define logic?

Something that you're lacking. There are two political parties, the Republicans, and the Democrats. Unless you vote for one of the two, you're throwing away your vote.

No, there are several political parties. The fact that you believe there are only two speaks to your ignorance. Why waste your vote on the status quo?

No, there are two parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, the rest are the wacko offshoots of the aforementioned.

I don't waste my vote, I'm a Republican that votes Democrat because I'm pro middle class.

Something that you're lacking. There are two political parties, the Republicans, and the Democrats. Unless you vote for one of the two, you're throwing away your vote.

No, there are several political parties. The fact that you believe there are only two speaks to your ignorance. Why waste your vote on the status quo?

No, there are two parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, the rest are the wacko offshoots of the aforementioned.

I don't waste my vote, I'm a Republican that votes Democrat because I'm pro middle class.

That'd make sense if Dems weren't f'ing with the middle class more than anyone.

[

You truly thought you were showing everyone something by voting against Romney whom you assumed to be a tool of the rich, but instead voted for the real tool of the rich in Obama. You truly are a dumb person. Most bigots are idiots, and you are a bigot. Sadly the Democrat party counts on idiots like you voting.

Guy, if the Rich loved Obama so much, they would not have spent nearly a BILLION dollars trying to defeat him. They poured hundreds of million of dollars into the Tea(bagging) Party and fake 501c groups. Mostly to get dumb rubes to vote against their economic interests.

[
JoeB131 said:
given those choices, I had to vote against the insane religious cult on principle

If you are wondering why I called you a bigot before, this is exactly why...your hatred and intolerance of Mormons. I am not a Mormon, but I have been to Salt Lake City, and have attended a non-Mormon church. I have been treated with respect. I am not Mormon, but I sure respect them, they are good people..

Funny...I spent six weeks at an ROTC Camp with Mormons from BYU, and I've never met more back-stabbing, two-faced mother fuckers in my life. I met Moonies and Mormons in college, and the Moonies were less scary than the Mormons were.

No, I have no love for any religion. Every minister and priest is pathological liar as far as I'm concerned. But Mormons aren't just fraud, they are badly done fraud. And if Mitt Romney really thinks Joseph Smiith was talking to God, that disqualifies him from any consideration. If he can't get an obvious one like that right, I'm not trusting him with a more serious question like, "Should I launch the nukes?"

JoeB131 said:
Now, it would be nice to see smarter, better people run for office,.

Smarter people running for office would do you no good considering what a moron you are.

Whatever, guy. You let your party get hijacked by an insane cult trying to legitimize itself.

Hey, maybe next time, you can rent yourself out to the Scientologists. If you are going to whore yourselves out to the religious crazies, go for broke.

[

Joe hates religion and religious people altogether. He thinks its an impediment to his lifestyle and a stain on society. When in all actuality his bigotry is the stain, and we are here to cleanse it. If he had a real interest in bettering our country, he would vote on principle and policy, not just on policy, not just on principle, and most certainly not popularity.

Guy, here's a list of things I've never done.

Tortured a Heretic
Slaughtered a town full of Infidels.
Started a Holy War
Burned a witch (although I did date a Wiccan once, and was sorely tempted.)
Collaborated with Nazis
Suppressed Science
Validated Slavery
Molested an altar boy and covered it up.
Practiced homophobia.

You know who did all those awful things?

RELIGIONS AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE!!!!!

Frankly, I'm not sure what you think my "lifestyle" is, exactly, that is being impeded. (Sorry, my personal life is about as vanilla as you get.) But I couldn't imagine much of anything that I can do that Churches haven't been doing for centuries.

or Republican

ever again.

I find voting for third party candidates pretty useless. It's great if you really agree with a third party candidate, but the fact is that most third party candidates are off in lala land with many of their ideas, and if you support one of them, you too are most likely off in lala land with your beliefs.

The problem isn't so much the parties or even the candidates; it's the fact that voters generally refuse to send their representatives packing when they do not do their jobs in a manner that is satisfactory to the electorate. It's always the fault of Congressmen/women and Senators from those other districts. That and the simple fact that too many of these representatives serve way too long, leading to more opportunities for corruption or just being lackadaisical, is why Congress as a whole is completely ineffective.

The only people who are in "la-la" land are the masses glued to their cell phones and televisions, talking about celebrities, and believing tyranny is not a problem and Big Gov loves them.

Ever seen the movie "Titanic." ??? Everyone was enjoying themselves, rich, middle and poor, having a great time, then within one hour they were all fighting for their lives.

The Obomber worshipers are the dance band on the Titanic. Keep dancing, people, it's all good!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5le92UmPmU]Harry Chapin sings DANCE BAND on the TITANIC Live - YouTube[/ame]

I'll also never vote Democrat. Unfortunately I live in a "swing" state and as long as it remain one, I will vote Republican while holding my nose because a vote for a 3rd party in a swing state is a vote for the Democrats.

a vote for a third party is not wasting your vote on someone who you know, is going to give you the...... same..... old .....shit....guaranteed.....cut the cord.......

I'll also never vote Democrat. Unfortunately I live in a "swing" state and as long as it remain one, I will vote Republican while holding my nose because a vote for a 3rd party in a swing state is a vote for the Democrats.

Pretty sure it's a vote for the third party. You do realize you're aiding in continuing the problem, not solving it, right?

Voting for the 3rd party only helps the Democrats.

so the Republicans are that inept are they?....it never helps the Republicans?....

or Republican

ever again.

What's the alternative? Libertarians? They've never managed to get over 2% of the votes. Greens? Don't really want to go back to living in trees and eating grass. Constitution party? Bunch of religious nutjobs. Tea party? Just a republican shell game.

Face it, the deck is stacked against third parties. The only way to create change is from within.

well you are not going to get that with the current Parties......you think they want to change?....

or Republican

ever again.

Well, enjoy wasting your vote on fringe candidates who won't go anywhere.

Generally, I would agree that voting is usually a choice between the lesser of two evils.

2012 was a choice between an ineffective, much too passive President who is a weak leader and an opponent who was a tool of the wealthy and a member of an insane religious cult.

given those choices, I had to vote against the insane religious cult on principle.

Now, it would be nice to see smarter, better people run for office, but frankly, those people get weeded out in College Politics. Only the incurables run for office.

Well, enjoy wasting your vote on fringe candidates who won't go anywhere.

so waste your vote on the same old shit .....and then spend the next 4 years bitching about the same old shit.....no thanks.....

You are rewarding incompetence. You are avoiding short term pain for even bigger long term pain. Just how low are you going to keep letting the Republicans go, huh?

Let the "bad guys" win, and the "good guys" will be forced to finally get their shit together.

Every time you vote for a party, you are telling them they are doing something right. Do you feel the GOP is doing something right? I don't. So why the fuck are you sending them the message they ARE doing something right?

Make them EARN your vote.

Keep voting for the lesser of two evils, you will get more and more evil.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's a vote for the third party. You do realize you're aiding in continuing the problem, not solving it, right?

Well said.

Vichy America has a lot to answer for. No question about that.
bill-clinton-supersized2.jpg

TurnedTheCorner.gif

Hope you all enjoy voting for democrats. :tongue: I won't do that.

if i vote for the RENT IS TO HIGH Party.....i am voting for that party.....not the other 2....

I agree with USNavyVet.

If stupid, moderate, republicans hadn't voted for Ross Perot, we wouldn't have had to suffer 8 years of a Clinton administration.

so only vote the way Far Right Republicans vote...right?.....no thanks.....you people are fucking crazy and are doing as much damage to the Country as your cousins in the Far Left are doing......

Yeah, yeah. Scary black people saying stuff you don't like. Got it.

Yeah, yea. Play the race card when people say stuff you don't like. Got it.

Not at all.

You guys countered some serious concerns about Mormonism and their fanaticism for a church that Obama QUIT.

I'll repeat that. He QUIT when someone raised concerns over the things said at that church. Which means he wasn't that committed to that Church or its leader.

and what did Wright say that was soooooo horrible? That 9-11 was God's judgement on America for her racism and colonialism?

Yeah. That's silly, especially considering there is no God. But no sillier than Pat Robertson saying that Gays and Feminists were responsible for 9/11.

can you prove that Joe?.....just askin....the smartest poster here could not,maybe you can....

Bullshit. The problem is ignorant sheep who think you should only vote democrat or republican. There is no good reason to join them.

i believe Taz is agreeing with you.....

Forum List

Back