If democrats aren't using the virus as a political weapon how come...

What they're trying to do is destroy the economy and market for political expediency. 16,000 Americans died from the flu so far this year, and not a peep. Less than a 100 so far with this virus, and it's the only thing they talk about.

Nobody is trying to destroy the economy.

This is not the flu. This is an additional virus that we don't know how many are going to die or catch it as we are only in the very beginning of the pandemic. We also haven't tested nearly enough people to see who currently has it. At what point do you think this is news worthy? When 1,000 people die? 10k or 20k?

I didn't say it was not news worthy. I'm saying it shouldn't be consuming our entire airwaves on every single news station including Fox. More importantly than that is it shouldn't be politicized either. I hope somebody develops a coronavirus filter I could buy so I wouldn't see anymore stories on it when I'm on the internet.

I wouldn't be upset if someone invented a filter so you wouldn't read any more about coronavirus either, I just don't want you in your ignorance to spread it around to anyone else.

Look...... our government agencies are doing all they can. Trump is doing all he can. Everybody knows about this problem ten times over. What more needs to be discussed? The people who are vulnerable to death are people like myself, I'm approaching 60 years old and have two of the serious medical conditions of people that have died so far. We do have a vaccine, but it needs to undergo the proper testing before it can be marketed, which will probably not be until the end of this year.

Our agencies are doing OK. The problem is at the top where Trump keeps getting in front of the cameras and giving contradictory information (hunches) and it creates confusion. When Trump lies, it causes panic because people really want and need to believe their leaders in times like these.

We don't have a vaccine until it's in use which is not happening anytime soon. Trump was saying a month or two. Maybe he should just shut the fuck up and then you won't have to listen to the valid criticism.

President Trump is trying to calm the masses which is what he's supposed to be doing. Something like this (thanks to the MSM) can cause unnecessary panic, and a severe impact on our economy. More people die getting shot in Chicago in a month than we've had fatalities with this virus across the entire country.

What we need to do is avoid unnecessary exposure to the public, use plenty of hand sanitizer, and wash your hands frequently. It's all we can do right now. Nothing more can be done about this.

Trump does not want to be blamed in an election year......so he is sending misinformation and having the right wing media downplay the threat of pandemic for him.

It has nothing to do with him getting blamed. He's trying to calm nerves is all. Hell, I went to the grocery store a little over a month ago. I seen one woman walking round with a face mask, and at the time, no known cases of the virus in our state yet alone city.

This is not the flu. This is an additional virus that we don't know how many are going to die or catch it as we are only in the very beginning of the pandemic. We also haven't tested nearly enough people to see who currently has it. At what point do you think this is news worthy? When 1,000 people die? 10k or 20k?

I didn't say it was not news worthy. I'm saying it shouldn't be consuming our entire airwaves on every single news station including Fox. More importantly than that is it shouldn't be politicized either. I hope somebody develops a coronavirus filter I could buy so I wouldn't see anymore stories on it when I'm on the internet.

I wouldn't be upset if someone invented a filter so you wouldn't read any more about coronavirus either, I just don't want you in your ignorance to spread it around to anyone else.

Look...... our government agencies are doing all they can. Trump is doing all he can. Everybody knows about this problem ten times over. What more needs to be discussed? The people who are vulnerable to death are people like myself, I'm approaching 60 years old and have two of the serious medical conditions of people that have died so far. We do have a vaccine, but it needs to undergo the proper testing before it can be marketed, which will probably not be until the end of this year.

Our agencies are doing OK. The problem is at the top where Trump keeps getting in front of the cameras and giving contradictory information (hunches) and it creates confusion. When Trump lies, it causes panic because people really want and need to believe their leaders in times like these.

We don't have a vaccine until it's in use which is not happening anytime soon. Trump was saying a month or two. Maybe he should just shut the fuck up and then you won't have to listen to the valid criticism.

President Trump is trying to calm the masses which is what he's supposed to be doing. Something like this (thanks to the MSM) can cause unnecessary panic, and a severe impact on our economy. More people die getting shot in Chicago in a month than we've had fatalities with this virus across the entire country.

What we need to do is avoid unnecessary exposure to the public, use plenty of hand sanitizer, and wash your hands frequently. It's all we can do right now. Nothing more can be done about this.

Trump does not want to be blamed in an election year......so he is sending misinformation and having the right wing media downplay the threat of pandemic for him.

It has nothing to do with him getting blamed. He's trying to calm nerves is all. Hell, I went to the grocery store a little over a month ago. I seen one woman walking round with a face mask, and at the time, no known cases of the virus in our state yet alone city.
Trumps first reaction was to shield himself from blame. He denied the threat, said it would not grow above 15 cases in the US, spread misinformation about how quickly a vaccine would be available.

Even worse, the Rightwing media jumped in by mocking those who were warning about the severity of the threat. To Republicans, corona virus was just a made up threat from the democrats

Trumps first reaction was to shield himself from blame. He denied the threat, said it would not grow above 15 cases in the US, spread misinformation about how quickly a vaccine would be available.

Even worse, the Rightwing media jumped in by mocking those who were warning about the severity of the threat. To Republicans, corona virus was just a made up threat from the democrats
That's it. If Trump had not FIRST politicized our response (and prevented us having any response to buoy his political interests) what's being reported in the media wouldn't be reported.

Fauci just said coronavirus was 10x more lethal than influenza, and it's getting and going to get worse, but how much worse depends on what we do. And Trump is still doing nothing in terms of getting kits to providers or issuing guidance on when communities need to quarantine.

That's it. If Trump had not FIRST politicized our response (and prevented us having any response to buoy his political interests) what's being reported in the media wouldn't be reported.

Fauci just said coronavirus was 10x more lethal than influenza, and it's getting and going to get worse, but how much worse depends on what we do. And Trump is still doing nothing in terms of getting kits to providers or issuing guidance on when communities need to quarantine.
10 times worse than influenza and Trump says it is no worse than the flu

Misinformation

10 times worse than influenza and Trump says it is no worse than the flu

Misinformation

Trump intentionally misinformed Americans with his "hunch" that the mortality rate was under 3%. Politico didn't report where Fauci got facts for his 10X worse than influenza (which has like a 2% mortality rate) or what he meant, but there have been reports that China edited it's reports for more positive news, and we really should expect deaths in the range that Italy has seen. That's still no reason to panic if you're healthy, and you have no breathing or immune system problems. But if you have an aging parent in assisted living, it'd be focking scary.

He's lying to the public. How is that calming?

Your anecdotal story is really crap. Who knows why she was wearing a mask. Even in the best of times some people with compromised immune systems wear masks. Still is no excuse for lying to the public.

It's predicted that this is going to reach the millions. It's time to face that possibility.

I encourage all followers of trump to follow his lead. Ignore the corona virus, downplay it, etc.

I encourage all followers of trump to follow his lead. Ignore the corona virus, downplay it, etc.
It’s all a big joke to Republicans.

Just Democrats trying to make the President look bad

Yep, that's what we're doing. Washing your hands and using sanitizer is something I've been doing long before it recently became a trend. I'm sure this is something out of order for you lefties.

A00115E5-5738-48D5-8E82-0EC0A707C38F.jpeg

That's all they talk about now? Trump this, pence that and the entire gop is the brunt of the covid ranting.
The market crashes every other day and that causes celebratory threads.

Y'all are a terrible bunch
Nobody is celebrating market crashes here that I know of.

tRump/Pence/coronavirus is what's on everyone's mind.

Heard today that they've been having classified meeting about the pandemic since January. Excluding vital people with crucial information because of security clearances.

That's just flat dumb.

Your anecdotal story is really crap. Who knows why she was wearing a mask. Even in the best of times some people with compromised immune systems wear masks. Still is no excuse for lying to the public.

It's predicted that this is going to reach the millions. It's time to face that possibility.

Possibility? Yes. Probability? No. As I posted per link, China for the second time is already recording less new cases being discovered. As for the woman wearing the mask, that's something I've never seen here, and I've been living here all of my life.

Possibility? Yes. Probability? No. As I posted per link, China for the second time is already recording less new cases being discovered. As for the woman wearing the mask, that's something I've never seen here, and I've been living here all of my life.

I'm not sure if you noticed, we're beyond China now.

Trump lied to the public, full stop.

The President doesn't need to shed any blame because there is no way to blame him for a virus, just like there was no way to blame Bush for Katrina. This is what we're talking about by the left politicizing this.

Forum List

Back