If No One Today Owned Slaves...

That's an admission of the switch..... 😄

A lot of young Dixiecrat aides later ran as Republicans like Trent Lott.

Professor Kruse has an excellent old Twitter thread detailing these switches.

/——/ Who switched? The old Dixiecrats didn’t except a few, the young registered as Republicans. When did Fulbright, Gore and Byrd switch?
Again, I was there, you weren’t.

Hotels, condos, whatever. It's not surprising that's what you'd rather focus on than his housing discrimination. You're not really doing anything with these arguments other than suggesting that White America as a whole is hella racist like you were BLM or something. 😄

Hotels, condos, whatever.

Were you lying, or confused? LOL!

The slave owners didn't want their slave labor? Interesting.
Slave owners were always a tiny minority of the American public. Unfortunately they were very rich and grabbed and maintained a lot of political power from 1787 until the 1850s.

I like how we have these Simps shitting on the memory of Democrats like Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis and yet they don't realize how thoroughly they've been conquered. Having them claim along with us that Robert E Lee was a piece of human shit from a shit culture is a victory. Let's all celebrate together! 😄
Incorrect and misleading.

What was said about Democrats in-general was entirely true.

There are always exceptions that prove the rule.

Such as Robert E. Lee, an honorable fellow whose ancestry and economics and sense of duty put him on the wrong side.

Bobby Lee was one of the most brilliant and beloved military leaders in all of American history, Confederacy notwithstanding.

And none of that changes the accuracy of charges of racism and race-card-playing leveled against the idiot Democrats.

Lott worked for a Dixiecrat who remained a Democrat his entire career.
That sounds awful!
When did Lott identify as or run as a Dixiecrat?
I didn't say Lott ran as a Dixiecrat in saying that's how the switch happened. Old dixiecrats stayed on and retired as dixiecrats, the younger generation when it became their time to run ran as Republicans.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Incorrect and misleading.

What was said about Democrats in-general was entirely true.

There are always exceptions that prove the rule.

Such as Robert E. Lee, an honorable fellow whose ancestry and economics and sense of duty put him on the wrong side.

Bobby Lee was one of the most brilliant and beloved military leaders in all of American history, Confederacy notwithstanding.

And none of that changes the accuracy of charges of racism and race-card-playing leveled against the idiot Democrats.
See. There it is. When you clowns try to talk tough against slavery it all breaks down when we start naming actual democratic slavers. 😄

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
I just provided a link that listed a bunch I also gave you one myself, Trent Lott.
/——/ You are wrong. THE BIG SWITCH THAT WASNâT: THE DIXIECRATS, RACE AND 1964 - American 1
the Dixiecrats did NOT convert to Republicanism in 1964 (after Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act) as many historians and journalists now suggest. In fact, most of these racist libertarians returned to the Democratic Party after 1948 and became a significant voting block against civil rights and desegregation throughout the 1950s and early 1960s. According to one historical analysis, of the 1500+ racist “Dixiecrats” only Strom Thurmond and about a dozen others left the Democratic Party for the GOP (less than 1%). Furthermore, Thurmond didn’t switch parties until 16 years after Truman forced him to create his “Dixiecrat” party.

I didn't say Lott ran as a Dixiecrat in saying that's how the switch happened. Old dixiecrats stayed on and retired as dixiecrats, the younger generation when it became their time to run ran as Republicans.

Old Dixiecrats stayed Democrats. They didn't all become Republican.
Lott never even ran as a Democrat.

He was never a Dixiecrat, he never ran as a Democrat.
His Dixiecrat boss never became a Republican.
You're making my point.
He was an aide to a dixiecrat as a young man and then ran as a Republican. When you say he was never a dixiecrat you mean to say he was never a dixiecrat office holder. He did work for the dixicrats as an aide and then ran as a Republican as an adult. See its a strawman to suggest that when we say the party switched that we're referring to dixiecrats in Congress. We're talking about a cultural shift from a Dixiecrat representative and voting population to a Republican one that happened over time.

/——/ You are wrong. THE BIG SWITCH THAT WASNâT: THE DIXIECRATS, RACE AND 1964 - American 1
the Dixiecrats did NOT convert to Republicanism in 1964 (after Lyndon B. Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act) as many historians and journalists now suggest. In fact, most of these racist libertarians returned to the Democratic Party after 1948 and became a significant voting block against civil rights and desegregation throughout the 1950s and early 1960s. According to one historical analysis, of the 1500+ racist “Dixiecrats” only Strom Thurmond and about a dozen others left the Democratic Party for the GOP (less than 1%). Furthermore, Thurmond didn’t switch parties until 16 years after Truman forced him to create his “Dixiecrat” party.
You are presenting a strawman. There was clearly a cultural shift from white southern conservatives supporting Democrats to them now supporting Republicans and Black Americans supporting Republicans to being the representatives of Democrats in the South.

He was an aide to a dixiecrat as a young man and then ran as a Republican. When you say he was never a dixiecrat you mean to say he was never a dixiecrat office holder. He did work for the dixicrats as an aide and then ran as a Republican as an adult. See its a strawman to suggest that when we say the party switched that we're referring to dixiecrats in Congress. We're talking about a cultural shift from a Dixiecrat representative and voting population to a Republican one that happened over time.

The old Dixiecrats didn't become Republicans.
The young Republicans were never Dixiecrats.

We're talking about a cultural shift from a Dixiecrat representative and voting population to a Republican one that happened over time.

The old racist Democrats died off, the young conservative Republicans grew up.

He was an aide to a dixiecrat as a young man and then ran as a Republican. When you say he was never a dixiecrat you mean to say he was never a dixiecrat office holder. He did work for the dixicrats as an aide and then ran as a Republican as an adult. See it’s a strawman to suggest that when we say the party switched that we're referring to dixiecrats in Congress. We're talking about a cultural shift from a Dixiecrat representative and voting population to a Republican one that happened over time.
/——/ As the Dixiecrats died off so did their representatives. Young people like me became Republicans when we registered to vote.

Forum List

Back