If the DNC does persuade Biden to withdraw from his re-election campaign, who is most likely to get the Dem nod?

Aww crappy. Stop crying.
Lol, you're the one fantasizing about the opposition withdrawing but I'm the one crying?

1717638440834.png

I am not saying that it “will” happen. But it is a trial balloon which has repeatedly been floated. (I maintain it isn’t a coincidence.)

But should the DNC persuade (or force) Biden to withdraw as a candidate for re-election to the Presidency, the Democrat Party convention will have to select their new nominee.

Who, amongst the Democrats, is the most likely person to get the Democrat Parry nomination if that Does come to pass?

And, of course, why?
They have no choices other than Gavin Newsome or Kamala Harris. It's too late for anyone else to get the nod and Michelle Obama is far too smart to want a thankless job. She has no interest in it, no matter how many beg her. I will say, however, that if they stiff Kamala they have lost more black votes.

I really do think conditions are ripe to finally overthrow this two-party horseshit. An independent candidate with a balanced campaign to unite the country could wipe the floor with the divisive douchebags held up by the Ds and Rs. Maybe someone will rise to the occasion.

I really do think conditions are ripe to finally overthrow this two-party horseshit. An independent candidate with a balanced campaign to unite the country could wipe the floor with the divisive douchebags held up by the Ds and Rs. Maybe someone will rise to the occasion.
Any effective 3rd party candidate - one who pulls significant EVs - will get an otherwise close election thrown to the House.
Looking forward to the shit show attached to that.

At this point, I've become a single issue voter. Outside of generally decent character and some leadership ability (neither Biden nor Trump make the cut), the primary thing I'm looking for is meaningful support for ranked choice voting (or similar reform).

I am not saying that it “will” happen. But it is a trial balloon which has repeatedly been floated. (I maintain it isn’t a coincidence.)

But should the DNC persuade (or force) Biden to withdraw as a candidate for re-election to the Presidency, the Democrat Party convention will have to select their new nominee.

Who, amongst the Democrats, is the most likely person to get the Democrat Parry nomination if that Does come to pass?

And, of course, why?
I was just going to post this thread when I read yours! Yeah their convention is 3 months away and on Biden's current trajectory I don't see how he answers the bell. He used to be a meat puppet, and now he's turning into the wooden variety. It's actually cruelty although if anyone deserves to suffer, he does. But that aside, no idea who it would be. They don't want Kamala for obvious reasons. Maybe Booker or Jeffries?

Trial balloon revisited.

Secret Dem plot to replace Biden revealed: When they'd topple Joe
Secret Dem plot to replace Biden revealed: When they'd topple Joe

Very interesting read. Speculative to be sure. But not the first trial balloon along these lines. For example:

It’s far from certain, of course. But it is well within possibility (maybe even, now, more likely than not) that Biden is gonna be bowing out.

I just wonder how exactly they will tell him that this is what he has decided.

Does he even need to know?
You know, that’s not a terrible question.

They could tell him, but given his mental deficits, he might not understand it.

They could have him read it off of the Teleprompter of the United States, and he might still not grasp it.

So, he doesn’t necessarily have to know.

You know, that’s not a terrible question.

They could tell him, but given his mental deficits, he might not understand it.

They could have him read it off of the Teleprompter of the United States, and he might still not grasp it.

So, he doesn’t necessarily have to know.
I say build him a little oval office replica in his bedroom and be done with it.

I say build him a little oval office replica in his bedroom and be done with it.
I understand they have a fake oval office stage set already operational in the White House.

They will simply move it to Delaware at the appropriate time, perhaps.

Forum List

Back