In Case You Missed Jessie William...

I'm not black, so you can take my opinion or leave it. What I found unsettling about the rise of Lt Col West was that he "surprised" the white world. It was unique, at the time, for a black man to "earn the respect" of white subordinates. To me, that indicated that he either overcame inherent biases or that he excelled above and beyond his white counterpoints. The reason he became a conservative darling is because he is a black man who met white standards.

Don't get me wrong. I admire him and think he is a great American, but there are countless white men who behaved just as he did and did not get the praise West did. I can see how the black population would take that as being praised for behaving white. I don't necessarily agree he was praised for acting white, but I can see where that viewpoint comes from.
I dont think its his actual service that people are alluding to when they call him an uncle tom. Like Carson he did what he did and there is no denying that. He overcame the odds stacked against him. The thing I see is not that he is "acting white" its the dance he does for those that use him to pretend the GOP is not racist. His comments are classic uncle tommish behavior.

“I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.”
-Allen West

The white racist system applies to everyone not white but affects different ethnic groups differently. I'm glad you chose the Chinese. They were never conquered by whites and actually believe they are better than them.
Would you say Chinese believing they are "better than" Whites is a form of racism? If not, why not?

They are very aware of their history and their place in it as a race. They have their own religions, beliefs, and support systems. They study your white racism and other methods of oppression and simply out perform you on your own terms. Since they are starting from a history of strength, knowledge, and believed superiority the system barely affects them. In essence they prove the lie vividly of whites being superior.
Do you believe the Chinese are superior to Blacks, too? If so, in what way(s)?

What you heard on the radio is what you probably would call an inside joke. Being white you wouldnt get it.
I'll appreciate it if you would educate me by explaining the inside joke which my Whiteness has impeded my understanding of.

My definition of the word racism is simple. First what you want to do is break it down by finding the latin meaning of the suffix "ism". This means a system or philosophy. Therefore racism is a system based on race. One where those that have the means to oppress one or more races does so by virtue of defining superiority. For example. Whites have defined themselves as superior to Blacks. They own a vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country. Therefore they have set up a system based on race which benefits them while at the same oppressing races that they feel are less superior such as Black people.
Would you say this system of White racism applies to Chinese Americans as well as African Americans? If so, please tell us how you see it manifested.
Note how Black cats are considered bad luck by white standards? The Black ancient Egytians regarded Black as the color of divinity. They thought Black cats were good luck.

The white racist system applies to everyone not white but affects different ethnic groups differently. I'm glad you chose the Chinese. They were never conquered by whites and actually believe they are better than them. They are very aware of their history and their place in it as a race. They have their own religions, beliefs, and support systems. They study your white racism and other methods of oppression and simply out perform you on your own terms. Since they are starting from a history of strength, knowledge, and believed superiority the system barely affects them. In essence they prove the lie vividly of whites being superior.

Now lets take the NA's. They were conquered, killed, raped, lied to repeatedly, addicted to fire water, and confined to living in ghettos called reservations. They were shattered and basically never tried for awhile to overcome white racism.

This is my baby

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Last edited:
The white racist system applies to everyone not white but affects different ethnic groups differently. I'm glad you chose the Chinese. They were never conquered by whites and actually believe they are better than them.
Would you say Chinese believing they are "better than" Whites is a form of racism? If not, why not?

They are very aware of their history and their place in it as a race. They have their own religions, beliefs, and support systems. They study your white racism and other methods of oppression and simply out perform you on your own terms. Since they are starting from a history of strength, knowledge, and believed superiority the system barely affects them. In essence they prove the lie vividly of whites being superior.
Do you believe the Chinese are superior to Blacks, too? If so, in what way(s)?
No. it may be racist which is different from racism. Simply believing something means nothing (in terms of racism)until you can put it into practice like whites did.

No. I dont believe anyone is superior to Black people.

What you heard on the radio is what you probably would call an inside joke. Being white you wouldnt get it.
I'll appreciate it if you would educate me by explaining the inside joke which my Whiteness has impeded my understanding of.

My definition of the word racism is simple. First what you want to do is break it down by finding the latin meaning of the suffix "ism". This means a system or philosophy. Therefore racism is a system based on race. One where those that have the means to oppress one or more races does so by virtue of defining superiority. For example. Whites have defined themselves as superior to Blacks. They own a vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country. Therefore they have set up a system based on race which benefits them while at the same oppressing races that they feel are less superior such as Black people.
Would you say this system of White racism applies to Chinese Americans as well as African Americans? If so, please tell us how you see it manifested.
Note how Black cats are considered bad luck by white standards? The Black ancient Egytians regarded Black as the color of divinity. They thought Black cats were good luck.

The white racist system applies to everyone not white but affects different ethnic groups differently. I'm glad you chose the Chinese. They were never conquered by whites and actually believe they are better than them. They are very aware of their history and their place in it as a race. They have their own religions, beliefs, and support systems. They study your white racism and other methods of oppression and simply out perform you on your own terms. Since they are starting from a history of strength, knowledge, and believed superiority the system barely affects them. In essence they prove the lie vividly of whites being superior.

Now lets take the NA's. They were conquered, killed, raped, lied to repeatedly, addicted to fire water, and confined to living in ghettos called reservations. They were shattered and basically never tried for awhile to overcome white racism.

This is my baby

Your pic didnt show up.

I'm not black, so you can take my opinion or leave it. What I found unsettling about the rise of Lt Col West was that he "surprised" the white world. It was unique, at the time, for a black man to "earn the respect" of white subordinates. To me, that indicated that he either overcame inherent biases or that he excelled above and beyond his white counterpoints. The reason he became a conservative darling is because he is a black man who met white standards.

Don't get me wrong. I admire him and think he is a great American, but there are countless white men who behaved just as he did and did not get the praise West did. I can see how the black population would take that as being praised for behaving white. I don't necessarily agree he was praised for acting white, but I can see where that viewpoint comes from.
I dont think its his actual service that people are alluding to when they call him an uncle tom. Like Carson he did what he did and there is no denying that. He overcame the odds stacked against him. The thing I see is not that he is "acting white" its the dance he does for those that use him to pretend the GOP is not racist. His comments are classic uncle tommish behavior.

“I must confess, when I see anyone with an Obama 2012 bumper sticker, I recognize them as a threat to the gene pool.”
-Allen West

All cultures prioritize traits differently. Many people view laid-back as lazy. Laid-back is necessary in tropical and island cultures. You can want it all and want it now all you want, but it is not going to work in jamaica, where everything has to be shipped in and pushing hard leads to heat stroke. Laid back is a style usually influenced by culture. Slow does not mean lazy. If you want the bricks hauled in a single day, I recommend you haul a couple of loads yourself in 97 degrees with over 50 percent humidity. What do you think "menial labor" is worth now? Lol

-Allen West

All cultures prioritize traits differently. Many people view laid-back as lazy. Laid-back is necessary in tropical and island cultures. You can want it all and want it now all you want, but it is not going to work in jamaica, where everything has to be shipped in and pushing hard leads to heat stroke. Laid back is a style usually influenced by culture. Slow does not mean lazy. If you want the bricks hauled in a single day, I recommend you haul a couple of loads yourself in 97 degrees with over 50 percent humidity. What do you think "menial labor" is worth now? Lol
Weird how those southern states thought Black people were the only people capable of working in the heat but we were "lazy". :laugh:

This is my baby

Your pic didnt show up.

I suck at inserting pics. I added a link to my gallery in the post. Sorry.

It is a black cat.

Man, there's a lot of crazy-ass racists here.

Hey, Asclepias - what did you think of the Justin Timberlake brouhaha that followed? I thought it was ridiculous.

-Allen West

Meh. I don't view that as racist or uncle tom but I get how someone could. There are plenty of Bubbas bad for the gene pool and I bet West would say the same. It is just unusual for a black man, imo.

-Allen West

Meh. I don't view that as racist or uncle tom but I get how someone could. There are plenty of Bubbas bad for the gene pool and I bet West would say the same. It is just unusual for a black man, imo.
You dont view a Black man saying Black people are a threat to the gene pool as uncle tommish? You do realize most Black people supported Obama? I bet the racists creamed their pants at that comment.

Hey, Asclepias - what did you think of the Justin Timberlake brouhaha that followed? I thought it was ridiculous.
I didnt catch what he said. My daughter mentioned something about it but she said he was irrelevant anyway.

{gasp!!} Irrelevant my ass!!

Anyway, grabbing the article.

Justin Timberlake Sorry After Response to Jesse Williams Tweet

The “Can’t Stop The Feeling” singer fielded a flurry of negative tweets after he wrote that he was “inspired” by Williams’ message and responded to a specific tweet that accused him of “appropriating” black culture as a white musician.

“Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same, the more we can have a conversation. Bye,” Timberlake wrote back.

Several people mocked Timberlake’s language for being racially insensitive. Timberlake later clarified to say he meant “we are all one” as a “human race.”

I think people waaaaay-the-fuck overreacted.

I didnt catch what he said. My daughter mentioned something about it but she said he was irrelevant anyway.

{gasp!!} Irrelevant my ass!!

Anyway, grabbing the article.

Justin Timberlake Sorry After Response to Jesse Williams Tweet

The “Can’t Stop The Feeling” singer fielded a flurry of negative tweets after he wrote that he was “inspired” by Williams’ message and responded to a specific tweet that accused him of “appropriating” black culture as a white musician.

“Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same, the more we can have a conversation. Bye,” Timberlake wrote back.

Several people mocked Timberlake’s language for being racially insensitive. Timberlake later clarified to say he meant “we are all one” as a “human race.”

I think people waaaaay-the-fuck overreacted.
i agree some Black people overracted. I'm pretty sure most know what he meant. No he doesnt deal with the same things Blacks go through but he can see. He has eyes.

-Allen West

You dont view a Black man saying Black people are a threat to the gene pool as uncle tommish? You do realize most Black people supported Obama? I bet the racists creamed their pants at that comment.

I guess I view it as a man talking about another man. Whether one or both are black really didnt register with me.

No. it may be racist which is different from racism. Simply believing something means nothing (in terms of racism)until you can put it into practice like whites did.
So, racist is different from racism? Please explain the difference.

No. I dont believe anyone is superior to Black people.
You believe Chinese are better than White people but you don't believe any race is superior to Black people. Is that correct?

[...]

-Allen West
You regard the above statement by Allen West as pandering to White society. I see it as his expressing disappointment with Obama's Presidency -- which I happen to share.

I voted for Obama. While I've always found him superior to George W. Bush in every way, he's also shown himself to a deceitful bullshit artist.

Are many black people irritated that Justin Timberlake makes R&B music? I really don't understand some of the backlash he received on the twitter machine.

Forum List

Back