incandescent bulbs go into the dustbin of history

You people had your chance to contest the rules. Go to any hearings to make your concerns heard?

You folks had a chance to understand the technologies and the issues and you did not. You also had a chance to BUILD manufacturing in America and provide jobs.. But winning was more important than allowing good things to happen..

WE DID contact our reps.. But you guys "won"..

You people had your chance to contest the rules. Go to any hearings to make your concerns heard?

You folks had a chance to understand the technologies and the issues and you did not. You also had a chance to BUILD manufacturing in America and provide jobs.. But winning was more important than allowing good things to happen..

logic won. Go talk to the job creators. Repubs re-branded them.

ZaZBkML.jpg

suck it up bulb activists. Obama & the EPA have won this battle. Time to move on.

And all of our descendants, who have to deal with your toxic waste dumps.....lose.

ZaZBkML.jpg

Lay off my FaceBook pics jerk-off....

ZaZBkML.jpg

Lay off my FaceBook pics jerk-off....

thats from MY profile.

ES_Lighting_LifetimeSavings_8-12-13-2.png

I still don't get the 25 bucks for an LED.
Way out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a note, I bought one of the really cheap ones to test.
The light is easily enough to light a room but isn't as good as the higher rated units.
However, it's perfect when you're watching TV.

ES_Lighting_LifetimeSavings_8-12-13-2.png

I still don't get the 25 bucks for an LED.
Way out.

the light from the led sux, period, the imbecility of the cfl was proven at a Berkeley lab. Their life span is BS, capitalized, BS.

How many LED units have you tried?

I had to downgrade the 9 w to 6 w because they were too bright.
The 3 watt is great for smaller rooms or when you're watching TV.
We use 3 watt far more than the higher rated units.
Our living room has fittings for three bulbs but we only ever use two. The centre one is a 6w, the one above the sofa, 3.
We only use the six watt if we really need a lot of light.

The room is 7 x 12 yards.

I've a feeling you're talking out of your arse; listening to rubbish from other people and spouting it out as if you actually know what you're talking about.

I dollar is about Rp12,000
XE: (USD/IDR) US Dollar to Indonesian Rupiah Rate

Led1_zps555517bd.jpg

Led2_zpscba23a9f.jpg

Led3_zpsc9fe25d2.jpg

The most expensive is less than $6, the cheapest, $1.40

So now you know for sure, you're being ripped off.

America is supposed to be a nation of capitalists so, if that's true, do something about it instead of moaning.

Well Sunniman, you got the currency part right, but like most consumers, you havent adapted to these new fangled things.. Should I explain this in Morse Code? :lol:

Youre showing a 60W equivalent (label 10W) and a 25Watt equivalent (3 watt label). Of course theres a diff in price, because the larger one needs a bigger power supply annd has 3 times the number of LEDs. For incandescents, manufacturing cost was largely the same for any wattage. Thats no longer true. Glad to see youre as confused as everyone else. Lots of pissed off people are blowing $$ on bulbs at the wrong wattage now.

Not surprised that they are cheaper over there. So are most things.. If we werent in such a damn hurry to dictate these things, theyd be cheaper here, and we would be the ones screwing the asians for profit..

BTW Choose the BRAND NAME. Its too expensive to risk crappy design just tosave 12000 RP. Thank me later..

BTW.. Public service message.. You now buy by Lumens, not Watts.. Lumens is the brigntness. The marketing suits are playing games with wattages to get better lifetime cost comparisons...
Before you go shopping look up equivent Lumens for the old bulbs you are replacing.

Well Sunniman, you got the currency part right, but like most consumers, you havent adapted to these new fangled things.. Should I explain this in Morse Code? :lol:

BTW Choose the BRAND NAME. Its too expensive to risk crappy design just to save 12000 RP. Thank me later..

I now have three of the very cheap ones.
At that price, they're worth a try.
One is in use and has been for a couple of weeks.
That lights up the whole room with a steady, clean white light so we rarely bother with the larger one and we've stopped using the third fitting all together as they is no further point in having a bulb in there.

I've been using LED for some while now and have no 100 year old tech bulbs anywhere except the headlamp of my motorcycle and that will be replaced with an LED when it blows.
As with all other old fashioned lamps, the headlamp is juice hungry, so changing it will save me cash as the fuel can be used to make the bike go forwards, not producing a load of heat in the headlamp.
Back in England, I was a DJ.
All my lights were converted to LED about 9 years ago. I changed the lot back then because they were just as efficient, but had no cool down time and lasted a lot longer.
I didn't change a single lamp in three years.
Ask DJs how often they have to change bulbs in the old fashioned lights...it's a lot more than once in three years.

So, as I suggested before.
How many posters have actually tried using LED units and how many are just spouting total crap without even trying one?

Forum List

Back