Is Congress working for the American People?

Marty, there is a particular vileness that entered our party in the post-Reagan era, and it will have to be removed from the GOP if it is to remain a national party.

Yeah, "our" party. You are as much part of the Republican party as I am a Klingon.

Marty, there is a particular vileness that entered our party in the post-Reagan era, and it will have to be removed from the GOP if it is to remain a national party.

Yeah, "our" party. You are as much part of the Republican party as I am a Klingon.

I am a true American republican. I have no idea if you are a Klingon. We have vile members and groups in our GOP that need to be politically exterminated.

I am a true American republican. I have no idea if you are a Klingon. We have vile members and groups in our GOP that need to be politically exterminated.

Bullshit. You are a message board troll, and a party apologist one at that.

Try to be honest at least once in your life.

So you are one of the vile apologists for the scum in our party? OK, I know how to treat that.

So you are one of the vile apologists for the scum in our party? OK, I know how to treat that.

Lol, the classic "concern troll."

It's really sad and pathetic that this Congress seems to only want to stop any sort of progress in this country and they are willing to damage the country's economy rather than do anything at all that might appear to be helping the President. There is no compromise, no reason, no logic behind what they do. Nothing but hyper partisan games that we pay them for. It's shameful. Congress sucks.

Maybe its because they think that the programs of the democratic party are what actually would damage the country?

Its as if you expect your political opponents to meekly accept your policies. Want to pass your crap? Control both houses. Until then enjoy the deadlock.

Oh bull loony. Everything, even some things the GOP once supported, are attacked by the GOP and the far right 'conservative' fringe when proposed by the Obama Administration.

Your post was so disingenuous I'm almost compelled to attack you and not your argument.

Of course the facts - events of the past four and one half years - are not in your corner. You've embarrassed yourself this time.

What's "bull loony"? He's giving you an honest answer. And I think he's correct. That's how they feel.

Lol, the classic "concern troll."
Yup, you are the concerned troll trying to destroy the GOP looking back at yourself in the mirror.

"I know you are but what am I" is the primordial ooze of message board retorts.

You really do suck at this, don't you?

Sorry, didnt see the banned.

z10677339Q,Banhammer.jpg

Last edited:
Is Congress working for the American people?

I would have to say no. Whatever platform a politician ran on to get the votes of the American people is under no obigation to due what they promised. That is probaly one reason for the low approval rating in Congress.

IMO the less Congress does the better for us.

You're wrong of course but you've got your wish with with the R party.

More than $200THOUSAND DOLLARS a year to work 125 days.

And all they do is fight any and all bills that could result in jobs and more economic growth.

Are you one of the 13%?

Congress Approval Stagnant at Low Level

And for all their efforts to discredit the President of the United States, Obama hold a 50% approval rating.

Even those of you who consider yourself to be a conservative must have some doubts about the competence and agenda of McConnell and Boehner.

The agenda of republicans is to make sure Obama fails. If it hurts the country, so what? The senate majority leader admitted to this agenda. This doesn't faze some republicans on this forum who have made it an almost full time job to seek out bad info on Obama and post it, almost like they're getting paid for doing this.

Can't we get through the first page of a discussion without the partisan panty-pissing?

(R)s or (D)s
They're BOTH corrupt.
Neither is more or less corrupt than the other.
Term limits are ESSENTIAL to curb their power hungry actions.
We can't allow a 13-term congressman that's never held a real job or owned a company. Anything more than 2 terms and they get too deeply embedded into the corruptness of DC politics.

It is so representative of the mind-set of the typical American that Congress' approval rating is so abysmally low, but they continue to get re-elected.

Everybody thinks that Congress is bad EXCEPT, of course, THEIR Senator/Representative.

Re-elect NO ONE.
Kick 'em aaaaallll out

(R)s or (D)s
They're BOTH corrupt.
We can't allow a 13-term congressman that's never held a real job or owned a company. Anything more than 2 terms and they get too deeply embedded into the corruptness of DC politics.

It is so representative of the mind-set of the typical American that Congress' approval rating is so abysmally low, but they continue to get re-elected.

Everybody thinks that Congress is bad EXCEPT, of course, THEIR Senator/Representative.

Re-elect NO ONE.
Kick 'em aaaaallll out

I suppose. But I'm not sure what good rotating the guard would do. Until we take constitutional limits seriously, each new generation of reps will have the same incentives to betray the public trust. I don't see how removing the re-election motive would encourage them to toe the line.

Are you one of the 13%?

And for all their efforts to discredit the President of the United States, Obama hold a 50% approval rating.

Even those of you who consider yourself to be a conservative must have some doubts about the competence and agenda of McConnell and Boehner.

The agenda of republicans is to make sure Obama fails. If it hurts the country, so what? The senate majority leader admitted to this agenda. This doesn't faze some republicans on this forum who have made it an almost full time job to seek out bad info on Obama and post it, almost like they're getting paid for doing this.

Can't we get through the first page of a discussion without the partisan panty-pissing?

Did you read the OP?

IMO the less Congress does the better for us.

You're wrong of course but you've got your wish with with the R party.

More than $200THOUSAND DOLLARS a year to work 125 days.

And all they do is fight any and all bills that could result in jobs and more economic growth.

When you put it that way, I'm tempted to support them. But sadly, they're as jazzed about big government as your Democrats. They just have a different list of 'shoulds'. A pox on both your houses.

Are you one of the 13%?

Congress doesn't represent average American's anymore, they represent the corporate oligarchy that pay's their salaries.

(R)s or (D)s
They're BOTH corrupt.

Re-elect NO ONE.
Kick 'em aaaaallll out

I suppose. But I'm not sure what good rotating the guard would do. Until we take constitutional limits seriously, each new generation of reps will have the same incentives to betray the public trust. I don't see how removing the re-election motive would encourage them to toe the line.

Just hoping against hope that they wouldn't have the time to figure out *as many* ways to game us or the system
:eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back