Is evading and cheating on your taxes patriotic?

Do you advocate evading and cheating on your taxes?

• Total voters
to be honest, I only skimmed it because I already know for a fact that the allocation of funds is published

the above sounds like squabbling over what to call an earmark and how hard it is to trace funds going to said earmarks because of how they're titled

Good Lord! You must be brainwashed or something. Maybe you're just a liberal with no common sense, I don't know, but go ahead and trust your masters. Lol!

Fortunately for you, I have to go to work now. :lol: Be warned, I will be back later . . . with links to support my allegations.
you can throw jabs and labels and blah blah

im rubber homey

youre glue

Let's get one thing clear, I don't live in the hood and I'm not anyone's "homey." I see when you're losing an argument you want to resort to ghetto speak. :rolleyes-41: A sure sign of intelligence.
Wtf?

Get a grip

Here's a thought to brighten your liberal afternoon.....

How about people who won't work in order to avoid taxes on income be punished for avoidance by confiscating their shopping carts?

to be honest, I only skimmed it because I already know for a fact that the allocation of funds is published

the above sounds like squabbling over what to call an earmark and how hard it is to trace funds going to said earmarks because of how they're titled

Good Lord! You must be brainwashed or something. Maybe you're just a liberal with no common sense, I don't know, but go ahead and trust your masters. Lol!

Fortunately for you, I have to go to work now. :lol: Be warned, I will be back later . . . with links to support my allegations.
you can throw jabs and labels and blah blah

im rubber homey

youre glue

Let's get one thing clear, I don't live in the hood and I'm not anyone's "homey." I see when you're losing an argument you want to resort to ghetto speak. :rolleyes-41: A sure sign of intelligence.
Wtf?

Get a grip

I'm not throwing jabs or labels. I'm speaking the truth. A lot of liberals are sorely lacking common sense and are VERY inconsistent when it comes to governmental activities.

Other countries do not have the kind of business regulations and tax codes that we have here in the US. I think that plenty of companies would love to do business and stay here in the US even with our strict regulations and minimum wage, etc. However, because our government is SO greedy with its taxation policies, a lot of businesses have abandoned the United States and moved their businesses to other countries. We no longer have much of manufacturing industry left here in the US, which is pretty darn sad.

For the moochers who don't think they are moochers, here are some study materials:

The Effects of Terminating Tax Expenditures and Cutting Individual Income Tax Rates Tax Foundation

Leading members of the House and Senate tax writing committees are examining the possibility of trading a broader tax base for dramatically lower rates. Representative Dave Camp (R-MI), the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, is believed to be seeking enough revenue enhancers to lower the top corporate and individual income tax rates to 25 percent while maintaining revenue neutrality. Senators Max Baucus (D-MT) and Orrin Hatch (R-UT), the chairman and ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, respectively, have proposed a "blank slate" approach, in which most "tax expenditures"—income tax exclusions, deductions, and credits, and other provisions that the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) classifies as preferences—would be abolished, except for those that could be convincingly defended, with the money dedicated to rate cuts and perhaps deficit reduction.

U.S. GAO - Key Issues Tax Expenditures
Tax expenditures have a significant effect on overall tax rates as well as the budget outlook. The revenue the federal government forgoes from tax expenditures reduces the tax base and requires higher tax rates to raise any given amount of revenue. In addition, tax expenditures, like any federal program spending, reduce the amount of funding available for other federal activities, increase the budget deficit, or reduce any budget surplus.
I doubt anyone in this discussion doesn't understand the fact that deductions mean that the government will receive less revenue than it would if they didn't exist. However, it doesn't follow that the government is "subsidizing" those who are eligible for them. If I'm running a protection racket, and I extort less money from business 'A' then I extort from business 'B', does that mean I have given money to business 'A?' No, it certainly doesn't.

Yes, the government is playing favorites when it grants deductions to some and not others, but no one is being subsidized. Differential punishment is not a subsidy to those who are punished less.

Last edited:
Why not just have a more simple and straightforward tax code? WTH? Why do we even have all of these loopholes and blah, blah, blah. How about we just pay what we owe PERIOD.
Tax expenditures should be banned. They are costing $1.2 trillion a year, and special interests are paying big money to incumbent campaign troughs to preserve them. Ban them, and not only do you get the benefit of lower tax rates, you also get instant campaign finance reform!

Those who defend tax expenditures are moochers who want to stay moochers.

I think they are used as an incentive. If you do A, you will get an exemption, because they believe A (whatever that might be) will help stimulate economic growth or save money. If you make the same income but you don't do A, then you don't get an exemption or a tax break. That's what I think anyway. Of course I have no way of knowing how they go about figuring these things about. I haven't a clue.

Funny, now the government can penalize us through our taxes for not PURCHASING health insurance. Lol! What a crock of poop!!! When I think about that, it just really makes me steam. Forcing citizens to buy a product from a private business?

Oh, and I know some liberals are going to say "well you have to pay for car insurance." Well, driving a car is a privilege. This is a completely different and unconstitutional scenario. I cannot BELIEVE this was not ruled unconstitutional. :eek-52:

Other countries do not have the kind of business regulations and tax codes that we have here in the US. I think that plenty of companies would love to do business and stay here in the US even with our strict regulations and minimum wage, etc. However, because our government is SO greedy with its taxation policies, a lot of businesses have abandoned the United States and moved their businesses to other countries. We no longer have much of manufacturing industry left here in the US, which is pretty darn sad.

Our manufacturing output is larger than it has ever been. I don't know why people buy into the lie that we don't have much of a manufacturing industry left.

The simple fact is that we have increased efficiency tremendously. There is a concept in economics called growth accounting. On one side of the equation are "inputs" like growth in employment, increases in the education of laborers, and physical capital. On the other side of the equation are increases in the output per unit of input.

America succeeds at the latter better than any other nation on Earth. As a result, our manufacturing output has steadily increased, while the labor needs to meet that output have decreased.

So as labor demands for manufacturing decrease, it is critical to our innovative edge that we educate our laborers for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday. This is where we are starting to fail.

As for tax codes and businesses moving overseas (oftentimes such moves are done only on paper), you are correct. And if we rid ourselves of the tax expenditure monkey on our back, we could easily reduce corporate tax rates.

Tax expenditures are the crack cocaine of our tax code. We need serious treatment.

g5000 post: 9743239 said:
Our manufacturing output is larger than it has ever been. I don't know why people buy into the lie that we don't have much of a manufacturing industry left.

The simple fact is that we have increased efficiency tremendously. There is a concept in economics called growth accounting. On one side of the equation are "inputs" like growth in employment, increases in the education of laborers, and physical capital. On the other side of the equation are increases in the output per unit of input.

America succeeds at the latter better than any other nation on Earth. As a result, our manufacturing output has steadily increased, while the labor needs to meet that output have decreased.

So as labor demands for manufacturing decrease, it is critical to our innovative edge that we educate our laborers for the jobs of tomorrow, not the jobs of yesterday. This is where we are starting to fail.

As for tax codes and businesses moving overseas (oftentimes such moves are done only on paper), you are correct. And if we rid ourselves of the tax expenditure monkey on our back, we could easily reduce corporate tax rates.

Tax expenditures are the crack cocaine of our tax code. We need serious treatment.

What? Where? In my town, there used to be a whole bunch of factories that produced things. Jewelry was a big thing manufactured around here. Well, no more. All of those factories are shut down and abandoned.

I agree with the rest of your post, but our manufacturing industry (hence jobs) has taken a huge hit from what it once was.

I label this as informative because it is, but I cannot label it "agree" because I don't ENTIRELY agree. :D

What? Where? In my town, there used to be a whole bunch of factories that produced things. Jewelry was a big thing manufactured around here. Well, no more. All of those factories are shut down and abandoned.

I'm sorry, but anecdotes do not negate the truth. In fact, you are actually supporting my point. Jewelry making is no longer cutting edge work. It's low skilled labor. Those types of jobs should go overseas. The high dollar jobs are in hi tech. Hi tech jobs have exploded while your lo tech factory went overseas.

15d2zc8.jpg

I'm sorry, but anecdotes do not negate the truth. In fact, you are actually supporting my point. Jewelry making is no longer cutting edge work. It's low skilled labor. Those types of jobs should go overseas. The high dollar jobs are in hi tech. Hi tech jobs have exploded while your lo tech factory went overseas.

15d2zc8.jpg

Oh, please provide a link whenever you post a chart. I've known people to make their OWN charts, if you can believe that. Lol!

Forum List

Back